Mr MN Bittar

I have a mix cardiac and thoracic surgical practice. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation

• Cardiothoracic surgery

6th June 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr Bittar is an experienced professional and I had total trust in him from the beginning. I think some people may consider him a little direct in his manner but I loved that: I knew the problem, what he was going to do about it and, more importantly for me, his confidence in successfully sorting it out. The operation was a complete success, the wounds healed quickly and the scars are neat. I was back at work four weeks after a lower right lung lobectomy (my job isn't physically demanding) as I was really keen to put all the worries/fear behind me and get back to normal. Mr Bittar and his team couldn't have been more professional. With all my heart, Thank you.

5th June 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

I had a cancer removed from my lung by Mr Bittar in January. All I can say is what a first class doctor and all round nice guy. The scars he left are really small for a major operation. His follow up after the op was also first class and he is one of the rare doctors who will explain things to you but also listen to your concerns. Thanks Mr Bittar for saving my life. I will be forever grateful

9th May 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr.Bittar explained everything he was going to do and how it would and thebe done and made me feel confident in his ability to "mend" my heart. Even at the operating theatre door he reiterated which procedure he was going to do and I never felt anxious about the outcome. He also explained things in laymans language and I felt I knew exactly what was going to happen. The next five days on the hospital ward made me feel more confident about going home and all the staff were wonderful. The booklet the hospital gave me "Advice for patients having open heart surgery"was really useful, very practical and I don't think anything had been missed out. Once again having just been discharged by Mr Bittar I feel really good and know that if it wasn't for him and his team I might not be here.

12th April 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr Bittar carried out my thoracic surgery and was fantastic from start to finish. He explained the procedure to me, was supportive and informative throughout the process and saw me every day whilst recovering on the ward. Due to my job as a submariner it was recommended that I had further surgery to allow me back to work as quickly as possible and Mr Bittar was fully supportive of this. Fitting me in with a weeks notice to have a second operation, I can’t thank him and his team enough! Within 4 months of sustaining an injury that could have quite easily ended my career, I am now back at work and I have Mr Bittar to thank. So thank you!

24th March 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr Bittar, has performed lung surgery on me to remove a tumour. Along with the team he made me feel very relaxed by explaining what & how the surgery would be done & how long I would be expected to stay in hospital. On my follow up appointment he was again very pleasant & he was pleased on the positive outcome of my recovery. I would like to say a big thank you to Mr Bittar & all of the team for their care & support I was given.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons