16th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I had a posteria cervical laminectomy with instrumentation under Mr Marcel Ivanov in June 2018 this is the second time I have had surgery under him my first operation was a lumbar spinal fusion both of which have been very successful, iam 5 weeks post op now and iam doing very well. Mr Ivanov treat me with a great deal of respect, he listens to my worries and explained everything to me very clearly, I cannot thank him enough for all he has done to help me and would recommend him 100 percent to anyone.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

When I first met Mr ivanov I had to use a wheelchair because the pain was so bad I couldn't walk.he put me and my family at ease straight away and listened to every thing we had to say,he checked me over and knew exactly what I needed to be mended.he ordered all my treatment and was the one who operated on me which made me more relaxed about the operation because he was so confident.he spoke to me before the operation and after.from the moment I came around in the recovery room the pain had gone.I'm now well enough to go back to work on light duty,I thought this would never happen again,Mr ivanov has given me my life back and we're so greatfull to him. I would very highly recommend Mr ivanov to anyone.thank-you from the bottom of our hearts xx

18th November 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Very welcoming and easy to talk to and instilled total confidence in his abilities within a few minutes of our first consultation. We had a long list of questions to ask him about my tumour but he answered them all before we got the list out. Explained the options and the procedure very carefully. I still can't believe I had a major operation on my spine only 8 weeks ago to remove a tumour. At no time since have I been in any pain; just slight discomfort which has been easily controlled. The level of skill/ technical ability shown by Mr Ivanov and his team leaves me breathless with admiration. I shall be forever indebted to Mr Ivanov, his Neurosurgery team and all the staff at the Hallamshire Hospital K and N Wards and of course the NHS which made it all possible.

15th December 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I was highly impressed by the care and treatment provided by Mr Ivanov who through his skill and dedication has restored my health and improved the quality of my life. I would highly recommend him and the staff at Claremont to any patients with a similar condition namely decompression of L4 which was treated on 10/8/15. May Fletcher

28th October 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

From the first consultation with Dr.Ivanov I was put at ease by his professionalism, he told me in detail about the procedures that were needed to be gone through. He talked direct to me and listened to my questions with eye contact all through the consultation and it gave me complete confidence in his expertise and assessment.

Nearest Neurosurgeons