Mr John Loy

John Loy is an experienced Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon. He offers keyhole weight-loss, gallbladder and hernia surgery as well as the full range of general surgery in both NHS and private practice.

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

What can I say about this miracle man that hasn't already been said?! Mr Loy literally saved my life. Needless to say, I was a bag of nerves and didn't know what to expect, but when I first met him, I was greeted with a smile by one of the nicest, down to earth gentlemen I have ever known. Mr Loy reassured me and told me in detail what he could do to help me and reverse my co-morbidities. His confidence and determination in getting me healthy was the thing which struck me the most. Mr Loy must deal with lots of patients each week, but he treated me like an individual, like a human being, and not just a number. On the day of my op, he came to see me before hand and he was also the first face I saw in recovery. When I saw Mr Loy 6 weeks later - the last time I will see him - he was just as smiley and friendly as he was when we first met. I can not recommend this gentleman highly enough! Forever grateful. Kieran Nock

9th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I cannot recommend Dr John Loy enough, He explained exactly what he was going to do and then after my operation for a Gastric Bypass he explained what he had done and what he had found. In clear terms with diagrams. He quite literally saved my life but told me modestly that I had saved it myself. I was nervous before hand but once I had met Dr Loy and his team I was completely at ease. It must be that lovely Irish voice. Both the operation and the follow up care have been excellent. If you are looking at Bariatric Surgery it’s a huge decision but if you can get Dr Loy as your surgeon you will have no problems. I wish him all the luck in the world in his new career step, you deserve it !

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Don't usually do these but this man and his team have literally saved my life, and for this, I am eternally grateful. Hands down, one of the nicest Drs. I have met. Nice to talk to; confident (enough so to put one's mind at ease but not at all cocky), helpful, caring, great sense of humour. I could go on but you'd never believe how nice he is. The ONLY disappointing thing about him is his ambition to have a successful career (how dare he), as he's imminently leaving us for greater pastures new. Gutted. He has successfully performed a sleeve gastrectomy on me and despite having major surgery, within weeks, it was like I had never been operated on. Scars are doing great, stomachs doing great, and when I called his secretary about some concerns re post-op pain and suitable painkillers, I was pleasantly surprised to not only get a prompt call back from one of his team but, it was Mr. Loy himself. He didn't think I was stupid for asking nor did he make me feel as though I was wasting his time. Awesome guy. Just sad I'll never get to meet him again. Anyway, if you're lucky enough to get this guy as your surgeon, fear not, you don't know how lucky you are. I really wish him all the best for his future and sincerely thank him for giving me one to be hopeful for.

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

This man changed my life. He was courteous, caring and wonderful. He made me feel safe and looked after and I never once doubted I was in the best hands. Couldn't recommend enough.

22nd August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I owe my new life to this man Wonderful caring compassionate

Short link to review Mr John Loy: http://iwgc.net/eglnm