Mr John Loy

John Loy is an experienced Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon. He offers keyhole weight-loss, gallbladder and hernia surgery as well as the full range of general surgery in both NHS and private practice.

3rd August 2018
Written by a patient at Homerton University Hospital

Mr Loy is an extremely professional consultant who has fantastic people skills. He is approachable and makes you feel at ease. Had my bypass at Homerton in February 2018 and Mr Loy came to see me straight after. A very caring man! As a healthcare professional myself, Mr Loy is a fantastic representation of excellent NHS care.

20th July 2018
Written by a patient at Homerton University Hospital

Prior to surgery, Mr Loy listened to the problems I had been experiencing and explained how he could improve my quality of life which had deteriorated due to symptons. Mr Loy performed a laparascopic gastropexy for a gigantic rolling twisted hiatus hernia at Homerton Hospital, that was presented in my chest on May 22nd 2018. The surgery has been very successful and I am now living and enjoying a full life again and I am very grateful to him for it.

10th February 2018
Written by a patient at Homerton University Hospital

I will give this man 5star, I had my surgery on the 7th February 2018 . He came to see me before the op and after. He was happy with the result and wished me good luck. I can’t wait to see him in six weeks

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

What can I say about this miracle man that hasn't already been said?! Mr Loy literally saved my life. Needless to say, I was a bag of nerves and didn't know what to expect, but when I first met him, I was greeted with a smile by one of the nicest, down to earth gentlemen I have ever known. Mr Loy reassured me and told me in detail what he could do to help me and reverse my co-morbidities. His confidence and determination in getting me healthy was the thing which struck me the most. Mr Loy must deal with lots of patients each week, but he treated me like an individual, like a human being, and not just a number. On the day of my op, he came to see me before hand and he was also the first face I saw in recovery. When I saw Mr Loy 6 weeks later - the last time I will see him - he was just as smiley and friendly as he was when we first met. I can not recommend this gentleman highly enough! Forever grateful. Kieran Nock

9th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I cannot recommend Dr John Loy enough, He explained exactly what he was going to do and then after my operation for a Gastric Bypass he explained what he had done and what he had found. In clear terms with diagrams. He quite literally saved my life but told me modestly that I had saved it myself. I was nervous before hand but once I had met Dr Loy and his team I was completely at ease. It must be that lovely Irish voice. Both the operation and the follow up care have been excellent. If you are looking at Bariatric Surgery it’s a huge decision but if you can get Dr Loy as your surgeon you will have no problems. I wish him all the luck in the world in his new career step, you deserve it !

Short link to review Mr John Loy: http://iwgc.net/eglnm