Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon

Mr. Wijeyekoon is a specialist surgeon based at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital. He trained at the Universities of Cambridge and London with qualifications and research degrees from the University of Cambridge, St Bartholomew's and London School of Medicine and Dentistry, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the London School of Economics. In 1999 he was awarded a Department of Health Research Fellowship, based at the Clinical Effectiveness Unit of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He was the principal investigator for the United Kingdom National Liver Transplant Audit for over two years. He has represented the Royal of College of Surgeons of England in an expert advisory capacity with several national health regulatory organisations including the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Prior to taking up his appointment in Bournemouth, Mr. Wijeyekoon held Consultant positions for over four years starting at the Academic Surgical Unit of the Royal London Hospital and then Homerton University Hospital, London. His operative results are published by the Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland. He has a wide range of experience in the management of general surgical, cosmetic and colorectal conditions. His experience also includes treating officials and athletes at the 2012 London Olympic and Para-Olympic Games.

« 1 2 3 4 »

13th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Bournemouth Private Clinic

Outstanding care from start to finish. Extremely knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Put me at ease immediately and the procedure went ahead perfectly. A great balance of exceptional competence and a lovely bedside manner.

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Bournemouth Hospital

When i first went for my consultation i was unsure wether i would go ahead and have it done. but after meeting Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon by the end of the chat we had i knew it would be fine. From beginning to end he reassured me and kept me updated. And was there to be contacted if i had had any issues after the operation. But it all went very smooth. Thank you. I would definitely recommend Sanjay as a Surgeon to use.

23rd July 2018
Written by a patient at The Bournemouth Private Clinic

Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon is an amazing Doctor who is an expert within his field of general surgery. He gained my confidence from my initial consultation by putting me at ease and listening. He has a calming nature, is approachable and is always available. He is a credit to the NHS and Bournemouth Hospital.

30th May 2018
Written by a patient at The Bournemouth Private Clinic

Meeting Mr Sanjaya Wijeyekoon was like a breath of fresh air: he is so professional, caring, polite, explained everything in huge detail, listened to me and answered all the questions I had. He gave me valuable advice and recommended further treatment. He followed up regarding the condition I had over 10 years ago to make sure that the illness has not returned. This was not the reason why I made an appointment with him, but it came up during our meeting when he was asking about my medical history, which proves that he really cares and has a holistic approach to the patient. He arranged a set of tests in order to determine what is causing my issues and wrote to my GP with instructions on how the manage my condition. Thank you Sanjay for your excellent care, you’re an amazing doctor and I was very lucky to be treated by such a fantastic professional.

24th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Bournemouth Private Clinic

I met Mr Wijeyekoon this year due to me needing bowel surgery . Mr Wijeyekoon was very easy to talk to and extremely knowledgeable in his field, he put my mind at ease about the procedure he was to perform. On the day of the surgery Mr Wijeyekoon came to see me calmly talked me through what he was going to do .The surgery went well and he visited 2or 3 times a day while i was in hospital to make sure all was well expertly advising me on the way . I would throughly recommend Mr Wijeyekoon,he showed great care and compassion through out the time he was looking after me I can't thank him enough.

« 1 2 3 4 »