mr-gerard-kelly

Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital
5th June 2019

Mr Kelly performed my 5 year old sons operation to remove his tonsils and adenoids. Mr Kelly is great with children and put my son at ease at the initial consultation and on the day of the operation. Highly recommend for a quick and efficient service from start to finish. Thank you also to Mr Kelly for taking a photo of the removed tonsils for my inquisitive son, he was a very happy boy

5th June 2019
Response from Mr Gerard Kelly

Thank you for these kind words. It is not that uncommon for children to ask to keep their tonsils after they are removed! This is not really a great idea, due to infection control guidelines, but a good idea is to offer the children (or adults) a photograph of their tonsils and this is better for the world at large and almost as good for the patient (and sometimes better -they can keep it forever!).

4th June 2019

From start to finish I have had first class service from Mr Kelly, emails promptly answered even 2 weeks post surgery I still feel comfortable emailing with questions which were answered in good time. Surgery went well and I was talked through it beforehand. From first visit to surgery was less than 2 weeks. Recommend to anyone, fantastic consultant.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
3rd April 2019

Mr Kelly provided excellent care, both pre and post operatively. And my operation was totally successful. He was kind, interested and informative as well as extremely skilled.

2nd April 2019

I cannot fault Mr Gerard Kelly. He has an enthusiasm and interest in his subject matter and I felt completely safe and reassured. He is a very pleasant, well mannered and cheerful man which certainly puts you at ease. Can't fault him!

26th March 2019

Mr Kelly is a great combination of vast experience and a maintained keen interest in new and developing procedures which ultimately meant once the procedure he initially spoke about trials of was licenced/approved he was able to perform it successfully whilst being very open around the risks. I had a Eustacian tube balloon dilation following 2/3 years of suffering with ETD. The procedure has improved 70-80% of the fullness feeling I have suffered and improved my quality of hearing in places with bad acoustics such that I hardly notice the 20%. In my plight to be totally cured Mr Kelly has also recommended a nasal spray which improves my condition a little bit more and can be taken long term. I had to pay personally as was it was not approved by my private medical but am happy I did. Thank you

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists