mr-gerard-kelly

2nd September 2020

This man is incredible. He's the most compassionate Consultant I've ever seen and I've seen a lot in my time both NHS and private for a variety of conditions. He immediately puts you at ease and explains everything and does an amazing group of tests. I came out of the consultation feeling fully pleased. I cannot think of anything more he could do to improve his care. Wonderful.Mr SuperCon.

27th August 2020

We were recommended Dr Kelly through a number of people, and I’m so glad I listened to those people. During consultation Dr Kelly made me feel calm and at ease regarding my 3.5 year old son. He has been having hearing issue for years (or so we had guessed). Dr Kelly was able to confirm that he had glue ear and needed grommet insertion. He was friendly and spoke with such care, and also gave a very honest consultation about what steps to take next. I would recommended him to everyone.

17th August 2020

During the recent Covid crisis I suffered from hearing loss, I have never had that problem. I had a Video consultation on the 6th May 2020, we discussed possible causes for the hearing loss. Finally on 5th August I was finally able to have a consultation with Mr Kelly at the Spire in Leeds, Mr Kelly was able to correctly diagnose and fully clear my blocked ear canals, marvellous and I walked out of the hospital a new woman. Very pleased and I will recommend Mr Kelly, thank you in my opinion he is a 5 star Physician. O

Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital
14th August 2020

Excellent service throughout. My wife and I felt reassured and well informed regarding our sons procedure. Dr. Kelly was very knowledgable And made sure we were both comfortable beforehand. He is clearly good with children and we felt our son was in safe hands during the consultation and surgery. Was reassured post surgery we could approach Dr Kelly for aftercare advice/service if needed. Will definitely recommend.

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
10th August 2020

I am extremely grateful to Dr Kelly , I had ear surgery during COVID went in hospital for day surgery all ran smoothly I was at home at 3pm had no problems whatsoever. The surgery was explained by Dr Kelly it’s made a big difference to my wellbeing

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists