Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

26th March 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Kelly is a great combination of vast experience and a maintained keen interest in new and developing procedures which ultimately meant once the procedure he initially spoke about trials of was licenced/approved he was able to perform it successfully whilst being very open around the risks. I had a Eustacian tube balloon dilation following 2/3 years of suffering with ETD. The procedure has improved 70-80% of the fullness feeling I have suffered and improved my quality of hearing in places with bad acoustics such that I hardly notice the 20%. In my plight to be totally cured Mr Kelly has also recommended a nasal spray which improves my condition a little bit more and can be taken long term. I had to pay personally as was it was not approved by my private medical but am happy I did. Thank you

19th March 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I saw Mr.Kelly at the Nuffield in Leeds. His manner and professionalism was excellent and I have no hesitation at all in recommending his services to family and friends. I came out of my consultation with him feeling very reassured and relieved.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I was referred to Mr. Kelly due to having a large sebaceous cyst on my neck, in July 2018 he removed this after a consultation with him at the Spire Hospital Roundhay. I have a 1.5inch scar on my neck that you cannot now see and hopefully no reoccurrence. during my consultation with him, I was suffering for hayfever type symptoms, with a post nasal drip which he commented on, I told him I was suffering from these symptoms following a chest infection. After a lot of trips for my GP, a burst eardrum and having difficulty to breath, my GP referred me to ENT which I asked to see Mr. Kelly again as I had great trust in him. Within 3 weeks I was operated on having a Bilateral Endescopy sinus surgery with Septoplasty. The treatment I received from Mr. Kelly and his team at the Spire Hospital was second to non and I can now breathe freely through my nose and I can hear!!!! I would have no hesitation in recommending or using Mr. Kelly in the future, he is a true professional and his staff at the Spire Hospital speak highly of him.

28th February 2019
Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

I am 72 years of age and became totally deaf in my left ear a previous doctor said there was nothing they could do as the nerves had gone, but after having my ears suctioned by a nurse she advised me to have a referral with Mr Kelly. The result was that he performed a stapedectomy operation and now I have about 80% of my earing back which takes me into a different world at my age. I couldn't thank him enough and pleased to write this review of a wonderful, caring man.

16th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I had to write a review as I went to see this doctor privately because of all the great reviews, but my experience was anything but great. I found the whole experience extremely stressful because Dr Kelly blamed everything on the psychological. A complete waste of time and a huge disappointment when I have real problems. A very horrible experience.

21st May 2019
Response from Mr Gerard Kelly

Thank you for your review, any review is appreciated. I try and be honest and sometimes psychological problems present to me rather the physical ones and I listen and try to be trusted and recommended but no one can by trusted and recommended by everyone. I might still have got your diagnosis correct however! GK

Nearest Otolaryngologists