Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a carer at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
9th July 2019

We emailed Mr Kelly on behalf of my mother-in-law. His replies to our queries were prompt, friendly and helpful. She was able to book an appointment to see him within the week, and was delighted with every aspect of her treatment to remove impacted ear wax - described him as friendly, non-patronising, reassuring and gentle. We were very grateful for Mr Kelly's great care and kindness to a nervous elderly lady, and won't hesitate to use him again if the problem recurs. We can't fault his treatment, or think of anything to suggest to make it better!

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
8th July 2019

I was under the care of Mr Kelly for an adult tonsillectomy. From the initial consultation until I was discharged, Mr Kelly was professional, helpful, approachable and informative. Mr Kelly explained the risks of undergoing this type of surgery as an adult, the level of pain I could expect post surgery, the average duration of the recovery period and what I could do to minimise the chance of any complications. As a result I was able to make appropriate preparations regarding time off work and ensure I had adequate help at home during this time. It’s been 11 days since my surgery and thanks to Mr Kelly’s advice, skill and expertise, I have had no complications and the medications I was given on discharge were enough to see me through the worst of the pain. At my request, Mr Kelly was also kind enough to send me a picture of my tonsils. I would highly recommended Mr Kelly to anyone considering undergoing this type of surgery.

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
19th June 2019

Mr Kelly is a very caring and kind person. He listens to you with sympathy and to what you have to say. He asks you how you have been since any last treatment and discusses with you how to continue, taking your suggestions into consideration and working out a plan for the future. And this is why I would thoroughly recommend him and his team.

Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital
5th June 2019

Mr Kelly performed my 5 year old sons operation to remove his tonsils and adenoids. Mr Kelly is great with children and put my son at ease at the initial consultation and on the day of the operation. Highly recommend for a quick and efficient service from start to finish. Thank you also to Mr Kelly for taking a photo of the removed tonsils for my inquisitive son, he was a very happy boy

5th June 2019
Response from Mr Gerard Kelly

Thank you for these kind words. It is not that uncommon for children to ask to keep their tonsils after they are removed! This is not really a great idea, due to infection control guidelines, but a good idea is to offer the children (or adults) a photograph of their tonsils and this is better for the world at large and almost as good for the patient (and sometimes better -they can keep it forever!).

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
4th June 2019

From start to finish I have had first class service from Mr Kelly, emails promptly answered even 2 weeks post surgery I still feel comfortable emailing with questions which were answered in good time. Surgery went well and I was talked through it beforehand. From first visit to surgery was less than 2 weeks. Recommend to anyone, fantastic consultant.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »