mr-gerard-kelly

10th March 2021

Phone consultation plus actual consultation went really well. He understood the problem from the start and so far, 1 month after surgery, all the pain/pressure has gone and my smell/taste has come back. Overall very happy. Do your own research before contacting your GP though in my case I went direct.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
10th March 2021

Very caring, listens to his patients, reached the heart of the matter straight away and explained why the GP was unable to pinpoint the problem with their limited equipment for practice use. A great relief to finally find a resolve after suffering outbreaks for a few years without conclusion. Unfortunately after an exceedingly very lengthy wait on the NHS list with no imminent appointment in sight I had to seek a private self funding resolve but well worth it.

3rd March 2021

I took my son to see Mr Kelly after a family recommendation following ENT cancellations from my local hospital. I am so grateful we did. Mr Kelly was excellent with my 8yr old. Treating him as an individual and talking directly with him about the issue, and then engaging with me when required. He has an excellent rapport with children, and his confidence in his own abilities helped settle all my nerves. My son needed an operation and this was handled superbly from start to finish and the aftercare was also excellent. My son is now healing well and hopefully his issue is resolved. I couldn’t have asked for better service or support. Thank you.

16th February 2021

When visiting Dr Kelly he listened to my daughters problems of her continued dizziness, asked questions and conducted a thorough examination, always explaining what he was doing and why. He instantly put our minds at ease. Advice was in depth and we are trying a more natural approach to her problems using medication as the last resort. He also offered us his email incase of any future questions we may have. Dr Kelly is attentive to his patients, professional and extremely knowledgeable in his field.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
31st January 2021

Had a tonsillectomy with Dr Kelly on the 28th. At the consultation he listened to everything I had to say, and I knew immediately that I could trust him! The op was quickly booked in and in the lead up to the surgery he made sure to reassure me and answer any questions I had by email. I wouldn't hesitate to book another surgery with him again if I ever needed to.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists