Mr Drostan Cheetham

I qualified from University College London in 1994, and followed my surgical training throughout the West London region. My specialist interest is in Colorectal pathology both benign and malignant. I am lead of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary Team at WHHT. I have a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery with approximately 90% of my practice being performed this way. I work exclusively at the West Herts NHS Trust.

27th November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was anxious and scared when I was diagnosed with Colon Rectal Cancer following a routine bowel screening test earlier this year ( I urge people to do this test, it probably saved my life) but meeting Mr Cheetham changed that, He has such empathy that I immediately felt at ease, he explained everything in an easy understanding way,he also has a great sense of humour, He and his team performed my Operation at Watford General and it was a total success, Mr Cheetham come to see me upon my arrival and also phoned my son immediately after my op to reasure my family. I am under Mr Cheethams care for five years which is very reassuring, I am truly grateful to everyone involved in my treatment and care, before during and after my Op, Five Star treatment from our wonderful NHS.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Mr Cheetham and his team of nurses have been my rock for the past 12 months since he diagnosed me with rectal cancer. I am now on a full road to recovery, and I thank him for everything from consultations through to the surgery he performed. He was brilliant, and his team second to none. Not forgetting his wicked sense of humour !!. I thank you all again.

17th September 2017
Written by a patient at Hemel Hempstead General Hospital

Excellent patient communication. Explained procedure needed in easy to understand way plus a simple drawing. Reasons for importance of certain aftercare explained very well. Also has excellent team working with him. He was as pleased as I was at successful outcome and there is excellent aftercare

10th September 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I underwent bowel surgery performed by Mr Cheetham. Very neat with minimum scaring. At follow up appointments he answered all my questions in a clear and easy to understand way. Excellent "bedside" manner.

26th April 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Thank you Mr. Cheetham for operating on my incisional hernia (caused by an earlier operation at a private hospital). From the morning of my operation and meeting him, to the day of my discharge I could not have had better care and also enjoyed the food. Thanks once again Mr. Cheetham. You are worth the five stars+.

Short link to review Mr Drostan Cheetham: http://iwgc.net/eesp2