Mr Drostan Cheetham

I qualified from University College London in 1994, and followed my surgical training throughout the West London region. My specialist interest is in Colorectal pathology both benign and malignant. I am lead of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary Team at WHHT. I have a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery with approximately 90% of my practice being performed this way. I work exclusively at the West Herts NHS Trust.

28th April 2018
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Mr Cheetham and his team of nurses have been wonderful, after my operation to remove tumour he gave me lots of support and helped me to stay positive, I had my operation, and after three days I went home, the operation went very well, I feel so lucky to have such a good surgeon with a lovely sense of humour, and knowing he’s looking after me. Thank you so much, Rita Falco

23rd April 2018
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I cannot thank Mr Cheetham enough for the amazing work he has done since I was diagnosed with a tumour in my ascending colon and potential bowel cancer. His consultations were clear and concise with the aid of small drawings to explain exactly what was going to happen during my surgery. His expertise, confidence and marvellous sense of humour gave me so much strength during a very stressful experience, and the team of specialist nurses gave me the very best care and attention I could wish for. Their support was invaluable. I underwent a hemicolectomy which was performed entirely laparoscopically by Mr Cheetham. The operation proved to be quite complicated as I also had an Intussusception to contend with, but the tumour was removed successfully and Mr cheetham was very pleased with the resection. The tumour was cancerous but luckily it was caught early and no further treatment was needed.

1st March 2018
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

This exceptional doctor showed great care when he diagnosed me with bowel cancer, he put me totally at ease with his professionalism, and told me he would remove the cancer and that I would be ok.. 5 years later I am shown to be clear, and I was discharged this week, 28th February 2018. The various follow up meetings with him, were always clear and helpful. I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me, and also his team, and the nurses at Watford General Hospital, who were clearly assisting in my recovery.

27th November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was anxious and scared when I was diagnosed with Colon Rectal Cancer following a routine bowel screening test earlier this year ( I urge people to do this test, it probably saved my life) but meeting Mr Cheetham changed that, He has such empathy that I immediately felt at ease, he explained everything in an easy understanding way,he also has a great sense of humour, He and his team performed my Operation at Watford General and it was a total success, Mr Cheetham come to see me upon my arrival and also phoned my son immediately after my op to reasure my family. I am under Mr Cheethams care for five years which is very reassuring, I am truly grateful to everyone involved in my treatment and care, before during and after my Op, Five Star treatment from our wonderful NHS.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Mr Cheetham and his team of nurses have been my rock for the past 12 months since he diagnosed me with rectal cancer. I am now on a full road to recovery, and I thank him for everything from consultations through to the surgery he performed. He was brilliant, and his team second to none. Not forgetting his wicked sense of humour !!. I thank you all again.

Short link to review Mr Drostan Cheetham: http://iwgc.net/eesp2