Mr Drostan Cheetham

I qualified from University College London in 1994, and followed my surgical training throughout the West London region. My specialist interest is in Colorectal pathology both benign and malignant. I am lead of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary Team at WHHT. I have a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery with approximately 90% of my practice being performed this way. I work exclusively at the West Herts NHS Trust.

22nd December 2016
Written by a carer at Watford General Hospital

My mum, Pam, was recently in Watford General undergoing colo-rectal surgery. Mr Cheetham was her consultant and we cannot thank him enough for the brilliant care he provided. Initially she was assigned to another consultant, but was then told he couldn't do the surgery, which was obviously concerning at a difficult time for us. However, as soon as she met Mr Cheetham, who was given my mum's case, she was completely reassured. He explains things in enough detail but so it can be understood by non-medical patients and family members. He has a wicked sense of humour but above all, was extremely caring and supportive. His expertise meant a successful outcome for mum. We cannot praise him enough.

21st November 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

My husband, family and myself would like to say a big thank you to Mr Cheetham and his wonderful for the care you have given me during this tough time. Mr Cheetham is a very kind and professional surgeon. I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in September 2016. had a very quick response for the operation, which i had in October 2016. The after care has been amazing, Mr Cheetham is exceptional, his personality, care and understanding is just great.

14th November 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

My husband, family and myself would like to say a big thank you to Mr Cheetham and his wonderful team for the care you have given me during this tough time. Mr Cheetham is a very kind and professional surgeon, I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in September 2016 and had a very quick response for the operation, which I had in October 2016. The after care has been amazing, his personality, care and understanding is just great.

14th November 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

My husband, family and myself would like to say a big thank you to Mr Cheetham and his wonderful team for the care you have given me during this tough time. Mr Cheetham is a very kind and professional surgeon. I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in September 2016 and had a very quick response for the operation, which i had in October 2016. The after care has been amazing, Mr Cheetham is exceptional, his personality, care and understanding is just great.

11th November 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

It has been a crazy few months since I had a call back following a routine bowel screening. Everything happened so quickly, from the scans through to the colonoscopy and the ensuing operation carried out by Mr Cheetham and his team. From our first meeting Mr Cheetham explained the whole procedure and what my options were in great detail, but easy for me to understand. Mr Cheetham has an easy manner and a tremendous sense of humour that gave me the confidence that I was in the hands of a top class surgeon. Thanks to Mr Cheetham my operation was a success and I am receiving first class aftercare from him and his team. It is very reassuring that excellent ongoing support and monitoring is being put in place. It’s a sobering thought that had I been a few years older I wouldn’t have been part of the screening programme. I can’t over emphasise the importance of doing the routine NHS bowel screening test.

Short link to review Mr Drostan Cheetham: http://iwgc.net/eesp2