Mr Drostan Cheetham

I qualified from University College London in 1994, and followed my surgical training throughout the West London region. My specialist interest is in Colorectal pathology both benign and malignant. I am lead of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary Team at WHHT. I have a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery with approximately 90% of my practice being performed this way. I work exclusively at the West Herts NHS Trust.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

21st November 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

My husband, family and myself would like to say a big thank you to Mr Cheetham and his wonderful for the care you have given me during this tough time. Mr Cheetham is a very kind and professional surgeon. I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in September 2016. had a very quick response for the operation, which i had in October 2016. The after care has been amazing, Mr Cheetham is exceptional, his personality, care and understanding is just great.

11th November 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

It has been a crazy few months since I had a call back following a routine bowel screening. Everything happened so quickly, from the scans through to the colonoscopy and the ensuing operation carried out by Mr Cheetham and his team. From our first meeting Mr Cheetham explained the whole procedure and what my options were in great detail, but easy for me to understand. Mr Cheetham has an easy manner and a tremendous sense of humour that gave me the confidence that I was in the hands of a top class surgeon. Thanks to Mr Cheetham my operation was a success and I am receiving first class aftercare from him and his team. It is very reassuring that excellent ongoing support and monitoring is being put in place. It’s a sobering thought that had I been a few years older I wouldn’t have been part of the screening programme. I can’t over emphasise the importance of doing the routine NHS bowel screening test.

25th April 2016
Written by a carer at Watford General Hospital

My mother was diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer. Within two weeks Mr Cheetham has operated as an emergency. He managed to reconnect the bowel, so no need for a stoma. He took the time to call me at home immediately after the operation to tell me how she was and that he had managed to avoid a stoma. The care in Watford General has been incredible, the kindness shown by all the staff and nurses and the Colorectal Team has been amazing. Our follow up appointments and scans have all been dealt with efficiently. Throughout it all Mr Cheetham has been available to reassure us and answer all our questions. We will forever be grateful to Mr Cheetham for his quick diagnosis and action in saving my mother's life.

5th March 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I have received absolutely, without doubt, the best care from Dr Cheetham and his entire team, including the colorectal nurses, Stoma nurses and all of the nurses in Langley Ward at Watford Hospital. There is not one element of my care that I could fault in any way. Less than two weeks before Christmas I had the mind blowing news that what the GP hard assured me would be something that would be managed with some medication was in fact rectal cancer. I met Dr Cheetham that very same day, who delivered the news in an honest and reassuring way. He put both my family and me at ease and I am amazed at how quickly I received appointment dates. A month after receiving the news I had my resection and 6 weeks later I am feeling fantastic. In the next few months I'll have a Stoma reversal and will be as good new! My family and I will always be so so grateful to Dr Cheetham and the whole team behind him. V Carr

3rd March 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

From my first meeting with Mr Cheetham to arrange surgery for a bowel resection I felt that I was in very good hands. He was so kind and caring and took the time to explain all the options and procedures in such a way that I soon realised I was very fortunate to have him as my consultant. He showed such empathy to make sure I understod what I was undergoing and he instilled confidence with his easy manner and professionalism. Straightaway I felt reassured. I had my laparoscopic surgery six weeks ago and have made an amazing recovery, which has been due not only to his exceptional skills as a surgeon, but also to the wonderful aftercare from him and his whole team. He even called my husband after the operation to tell him all went well. It was such a personal touch and very much appreciated. The specialst colon nurses were so supportive and informative and the care from all the nurses on Langley Ward at Watford was just exceptional. My operation was a success and I have just had my post-op appointment, where once again Mr Cheetham explained in reassuring terms the onging support and monitoring I will receive under his care, which has given me peace of mind. I can never thank him or his fantastic team enough for their amazing care and dedication. They all went far beyond the call of duty to make the experience as easy as possible for me and I know that I have had the absolute best care and attention, not only during the operation but also all the pre-operation meetings and investigations, which were dealt with such speed and consideration. I shall be forever grateful to Mr Cheetham and his team. They are all just wonderful. Thank you Lesley Dalton

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »