Mr Drostan Cheetham

I qualified from University College London in 1994, and followed my surgical training throughout the West London region. My specialist interest is in Colorectal pathology both benign and malignant. I am lead of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary Team at WHHT. I have a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery with approximately 90% of my practice being performed this way. I work exclusively at the West Herts NHS Trust.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Mr Cheetham and his team of nurses have been my rock for the past 12 months since he diagnosed me with rectal cancer. I am now on a full road to recovery, and I thank him for everything from consultations through to the surgery he performed. He was brilliant, and his team second to none. Not forgetting his wicked sense of humour !!. I thank you all again.

17th September 2017
Written by a patient at Hemel Hempstead General Hospital

Excellent patient communication. Explained procedure needed in easy to understand way plus a simple drawing. Reasons for importance of certain aftercare explained very well. Also has excellent team working with him. He was as pleased as I was at successful outcome and there is excellent aftercare

10th September 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I underwent bowel surgery performed by Mr Cheetham. Very neat with minimum scaring. At follow up appointments he answered all my questions in a clear and easy to understand way. Excellent "bedside" manner.

26th April 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Thank you Mr. Cheetham for operating on my incisional hernia (caused by an earlier operation at a private hospital). From the morning of my operation and meeting him, to the day of my discharge I could not have had better care and also enjoyed the food. Thanks once again Mr. Cheetham. You are worth the five stars+.

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I have been under the care of Mr Cheetham and his team for the last few years now and I honestly cannot begin to say thank you enough to them all for what they have done for me in that time. I have had Crohn's disease for 15 years and the complications from this led to me requiring bowel surgery in 2014. I was referred to Mr Cheetham by my Gastrointestinal consultant at WGH, and I am so grateful for that as I have had the best care ever since. I had keyhole stoma surgery in 2014, but this got complicated in recent times due to infections and a bowel perforation which meant I had to undergo a bigger surgery at WGH under Mr Cheetham 3 weeks ago. This involved a re-siting of the stoma and other bowel resectioning. All the time I have been under the care of Mr Cheetham for these surgeries, I have received such amazing care and support and been left with nothing but absolute admiration for the dedicated work of him and his team. The way he treats you and speaks to you leaves you safe in the knowledge that you are in the very best hands. Surgeries are never easy times and patients all deal with the situations differently. Mr Cheetham has a unique ability to explain difficult and technical details in a supportive and understandable manner, so that I always knew what was happening and why and what the long term plan was. Having that understanding makes dealing with the situation much easier. Mr Cheetham has a great sense of humour too which contributes to a great relationship and puts you at ease. I am now recovering from my surgery at home, but the after care in the hospital while I was there for 2 weeks from all the staff in the ICU and on Flaunden ward was similarly amazing and I am forever in their debt for what they did to get me back on my feet. They all work under such pressure but they clearly love their job and show such dedication to their work it makes me angry when I see the politics affecting the NHS. It's a national treasure and a lifesaver for us all. Mr Cheetham is one amazing surgeon and I am so grateful to him for all he has done to change my life around and give me a quality of life I didn't have before, so I can be around for my kids which is ultimately all I wanted. Thank you Mr Cheetham, your care and support is so very much appreciated.

Short link to review Mr Drostan Cheetham: http://iwgc.net/eesp2