Mr Drostan Cheetham

I qualified from University College London in 1994, and followed my surgical training throughout the West London region. My specialist interest is in Colorectal pathology both benign and malignant. I am lead of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-disciplinary Team at WHHT. I have a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery with approximately 90% of my practice being performed this way. I work exclusively at the West Herts NHS Trust.

1st March 2018
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

This exceptional doctor showed great care when he diagnosed me with bowel cancer, he put me totally at ease with his professionalism, and told me he would remove the cancer and that I would be ok.. 5 years later I am shown to be clear, and I was discharged this week, 28th February 2018. The various follow up meetings with him, were always clear and helpful. I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me, and also his team, and the nurses at Watford General Hospital, who were clearly assisting in my recovery.

27th November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was anxious and scared when I was diagnosed with Colon Rectal Cancer following a routine bowel screening test earlier this year ( I urge people to do this test, it probably saved my life) but meeting Mr Cheetham changed that, He has such empathy that I immediately felt at ease, he explained everything in an easy understanding way,he also has a great sense of humour, He and his team performed my Operation at Watford General and it was a total success, Mr Cheetham come to see me upon my arrival and also phoned my son immediately after my op to reasure my family. I am under Mr Cheethams care for five years which is very reassuring, I am truly grateful to everyone involved in my treatment and care, before during and after my Op, Five Star treatment from our wonderful NHS.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Mr Cheetham and his team of nurses have been my rock for the past 12 months since he diagnosed me with rectal cancer. I am now on a full road to recovery, and I thank him for everything from consultations through to the surgery he performed. He was brilliant, and his team second to none. Not forgetting his wicked sense of humour !!. I thank you all again.

17th September 2017
Written by a patient at Hemel Hempstead General Hospital

Excellent patient communication. Explained procedure needed in easy to understand way plus a simple drawing. Reasons for importance of certain aftercare explained very well. Also has excellent team working with him. He was as pleased as I was at successful outcome and there is excellent aftercare

10th September 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I underwent bowel surgery performed by Mr Cheetham. Very neat with minimum scaring. At follow up appointments he answered all my questions in a clear and easy to understand way. Excellent "bedside" manner.

Short link to review Mr Drostan Cheetham: http://iwgc.net/eesp2