hemel-hempstead-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 22,403 reviews Write a review

Hemel Hempstead General Hospital

Hillfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, England, HP2 4AD

2nd November 2018

I am disabled volunteer driver for SAGN and had to take a client to the radiology department but as her letter only said the main entrance there was a long walk and as my client could not walk too far we had to go a long way. My first observation was that the disabled bays are too narrow and not up to specification and not enough of them, so maybe the fitter staff could give up their bays as they have done at SACH and Watford. My second observation was that the information desk was unmanned and although there was a sign with a telephone number not all people have phones so I would suggest placing a bell at the reception desk. We were helped by a friendly lady from Tibet and once the porters had finished their lunch an after a lengthy wait 2 push chairs were found almost arriving late at my clients appointment. After her appointment we asked at the desk to ask for 2 porters and then waited for 45 minutes when I went back to the desk. I also asked one of the ladies to come out from behind her desk and write down this URL as I only have the use of one hand. She did not listen to me properly and assumed I asked her to write one the poster which she obviously refused to do. Why is it because I am physically challenged it is also assumed I have a mental problem? After another 30 minutes wait I was forced to take matters in my own hand and proceeded to drag my client backwards with my one good hand toward the exit. Getting lost due to the lack of 'exit' signs a most kind lady by the name of Jane from the rapid casualties department saw my plight and offered to push my client toward the main exit. I realize the NHS is short of funds but surely good efficient service should be maintained. In spite of having many positive experiences in the NHS this must rank as one of the worst Many blessings Willem Hofland www.hofland.co.uk (Hope after stroke)

25th April 2018

Excellent experience. Very friendly staff, clean environment!

27th November 2017

I received great care at this hospital, I was called to have a colonoscopy following a routine (Home) Bowel screening test, I was seen by the wonderful Consultant/Surgeon Mr Cheetham and members of the Cancer care team Baz being one of them, a truly wonderful team and I am truly grateful , I had my Op at Watford General and I am now Cancer free . Thank you to our Wonderful NHS.

16th June 2017

It took 30 minutes to collect my son's prescription. After 20 minutes others who arrived after us had collected their prescriptions so I did query it and explained my son had a GCSE to get to in St Albans. The woman was blunt and said two people were working and it would take as long as it took. At that time she was actually holding half his medicine in her tray. From where I was sitting I could see her a few minutes later the chamber for the inhaler. It was another TEN minutes before she called our name. Neither product had a printed label so this couldn't have been a reason it took so long. In fact, as it was a standard prescription for an inhaler and the breathing chamber I'm not sure why it took 30 minutes in total, especially when others before us and during the time we were there were done sooner!

1st March 2017

I've been attending Hemel Hospital fracture clinic and imaging department for two years. The care is very good, I have faith in the skill and expertise of the staff and they are caring, communicative and involve you in decisions about your care. The waiting times for Imaging (MRI and ultrasound-guided injections) are long (17 weeks quoted last time), and you have to really push to get triaged for urgent care by Physio, so extra capacity is needed....of course like most NHS Trusts they are being pushed for 'efficiency' savings making extra capacity-building unlikely. I'm lucky that now I can work and carry out almost all activities whilst I await treatment but this was not the case in the beginning, and there are many people who cannot, so the long waits have a huge impact on people's lives, their families, jobs and the wider economy.

{{category}} working at Hemel Hempstead General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Hemel Hempstead General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4bv