hemel-hempstead-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 22,402 reviews Write a review

Hemel Hempstead General Hospital

Hillfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, England, HP2 4AD

25th April 2018

Excellent experience. Very friendly staff, clean environment!

27th November 2017

I received great care at this hospital, I was called to have a colonoscopy following a routine (Home) Bowel screening test, I was seen by the wonderful Consultant/Surgeon Mr Cheetham and members of the Cancer care team Baz being one of them, a truly wonderful team and I am truly grateful , I had my Op at Watford General and I am now Cancer free . Thank you to our Wonderful NHS.

16th June 2017

It took 30 minutes to collect my son's prescription. After 20 minutes others who arrived after us had collected their prescriptions so I did query it and explained my son had a GCSE to get to in St Albans. The woman was blunt and said two people were working and it would take as long as it took. At that time she was actually holding half his medicine in her tray. From where I was sitting I could see her a few minutes later the chamber for the inhaler. It was another TEN minutes before she called our name. Neither product had a printed label so this couldn't have been a reason it took so long. In fact, as it was a standard prescription for an inhaler and the breathing chamber I'm not sure why it took 30 minutes in total, especially when others before us and during the time we were there were done sooner!

1st March 2017

I've been attending Hemel Hospital fracture clinic and imaging department for two years. The care is very good, I have faith in the skill and expertise of the staff and they are caring, communicative and involve you in decisions about your care. The waiting times for Imaging (MRI and ultrasound-guided injections) are long (17 weeks quoted last time), and you have to really push to get triaged for urgent care by Physio, so extra capacity is needed....of course like most NHS Trusts they are being pushed for 'efficiency' savings making extra capacity-building unlikely. I'm lucky that now I can work and carry out almost all activities whilst I await treatment but this was not the case in the beginning, and there are many people who cannot, so the long waits have a huge impact on people's lives, their families, jobs and the wider economy.

24th January 2017

The care I received today was first class I would say a class above the standard I have received in private hospitals, a well done to the hospital team to day. By listening to your staff on how to improve there working conditions and how they work, involve all the staff in all discussions, all your problems and work loads, make shore the have time out during the day for lunch, private contact phone calls, Managers can always find time for a private phone call and forget there staff also need to make private calls at times during the day, I started as the tea boy and worked my way up to general manager of a franchised car dealership but always remembered from were I came, my staff made my life easy. TAKE NOTE OF YOUR STAFF AND LOOK AFTER THEM AND THEY WILL LOOK AFTER YOU>