Mr Dibyesh Banerjee

I am a Consultant Breast Surgeon based at St George's Hospital, London since 2004 - specialising in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. I see patients with any breast related complaints in several One Stop Breast clinics in my NHS as well as Private Practice in Wimbledon & Surrey. I specialise in the management of Breast Cancer, keeping the best cosmetic outcome in focus, whilst removing the tumour. I perform immediate or delayed breast reconstruction, including single stage direct to implant pre-pectoral reconstruction. I regularly review and audit my practice and present my results at national and international meetings & conferences. I work alongside London's leading plastic surgeons to offer my patients the full range of reconstructive options such as DIEP (tummy) or TMG (inner thigh) tissue flaps. I also perform several "cosmetic" breast procedures incl, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction & Breast Lift, and correction of asymmetrical or uneven breasts, I often see men with breast issues esp., for male breast reduction (gynaecomastia surgery) or for non surgical treatment.

« 1 2 3 4 »

8th March 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, following a routine mammogram. From the moment of diagnosis, to being given the 'all clear' a couple of days ago, my treatment has been excellent at every level. All the staff at NHS hospital, St George's, in south London, treated me with great respect, kept me fully informed and kept within all their time targets. Mr Banerjee, my consultant , exuded competence and confidence. He was very reassuring and allayed all my fears. As a result, I felt much calmer and less anxious about surgery & recovery. He and his staff also took notice that I was particularly concerned that my situation was going to become an obstacle for my daughter's forthcoming wedding. They did not need to factor this into the schedule of treatment but they have, and are currently trying to arrange my radiotherapy for it to be completed before the wedding. I was lucky, as my cancer was picked up early enough for it not to be a major problem. I cannot thank the NHS staff and Mr Banerjee enough!!

21st November 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Bannerjee was the best part of my whole ghastly breast cancer experience . Kind, gentle, but with a lovely sense of humour, he put me at ease, and took away all the scary thoughts that I had. The mastectomy surgery was amazing .... I woke up to find that everything looked completely normal - no enormous scars across the breast, no vanished nipple .... The scar was under the breast, and 8 months on, you can hardly see it. Considering the whole procedure, i can’t believe what an amazing job he has done ... I will be eternally grateful to Dr Bannerjee for the brilliant surgery , and for being such a lovely, caring doctor.

16th November 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Dr Banerjee is the most caring professional I have ever met. From the start I trusted his skills, he made me feel so comfortable and I had no doubts everything will go well. His team was amazing from the start to finish. Dr Banerjee’s aftercare is way above expectations, and his kindness is out of this world. I am grateful I have met him and his secretary Melanie who is always most helpful. I wouldn’t have been able to fight cancer the way I did without them and that is priceless.

27th December 2017
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I met Mr Banerjee for my initial consultation and from that very day I knew I was in safe hands. Throughout the entire process I was constantly given thorough and honest information regarding my breast reduction surgery which Mr Banerjee concisely mapped out from beginning to end. I had zero reservations and was extremely excited to see my results. On the morning of my surgery Mr Banerjee helped to ease my pre-surgery jitters. After seeing my results for the first time I could not believe it was my reflection in the mirror. My surgery was more successful than I thought it could ever be and with symmetrical, neat results. After several months I still can't quite believe they are mine and every day I look forward to getting ready and facing the world, something I once did not enjoy. My overall posture has straigtened and I have had minimal scarring without any complications. There will never be enough words to express my gratitute to Mr Banerjee. His precision and professionialism is outstanding. I would recommend him over and over again. Thank you Sir, and to all the lovely and attentive staff at The Parkside Hospital. My life has changed forever.

27th December 2017
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Mr Banerjee is exceptional in that he remembered from one visit to the next what was said and what my main priorities and concerns were. This is particularly reassuring when undergoing surgery! In preparing for surgery, I was provided with good information about what to expect. The surgery was - from what I can tell - performed very well as I have had very little subsequent discomfort or pain.

« 1 2 3 4 »