Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Mr Chauhan has been a consultant in trauma and orthopaedic surgery since 2002 with a focus on trauma, arthroscopic and joint replacement work mainly around the lower limb. He graduated from Dundee University & lectured in Sheffield University in Anatomy and Physiology. After completing basic surgical training there, Orthopaedic training commenced in Leeds followed by a fellowship at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham. Arthroscopy and cartilage research was undertaken at Smith and Nephew’s Research Facility in York and University College London helped to validate the early imaging of cartilage and establish an arthroscopic service in Southend-on-Sea where he was appointed as a Consultant. During the time there he has developed minimally invasive approach to anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction making it possible to use a novel approach to hamstring ligament harvesting. Research interests included developing methods of treatment for cartilage damage. Mr. Chauhan is described as a caring individual with his approach to patients and their needs using great attention to detail. These are qualities that keep patients giving the highest recommendation and are also seen in the approach to individualised teaching of Foundation, Core and Speciality Trainees as well as General Practitioner colleagues.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

20th November 2019

Pleasant manner, listened to patient feedback, offered useful advice with firm instructions to reinforce best self-help treatment. Explained all options available, both NHS and private. Inspired confidence and encouragement.

19th November 2019

I had been experiencing progressive hip pain for the last three years, after climbing the pain ladder from Paracetamol-codeine eventually pain patches and exhausting other pain relief methods, no other option remained other than a hip replacement. Following consultation with Mr Chauhan he was confident that whilst surgery may be a daunting experience for a patient all would be good. I can assure anyone that the hip pain is removed, no more hobbling around, no pain standing up and finally having back the ability of walking like a human being again. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr Chauhan and I take this opportunity of thanking him and his staff from start to finish for making me pain free. It's possible that in future years my other hip will require surgery, once again I will return to the Doctor who fixed the first one. With thanks and gratitude to Mr Chauhan.

16th November 2019

I ruptured my ACL 14 years ago and Mr Chauhan performed the operation and it still feels good to this day. Back then he was a breath of fresh air in terms of his chair side manner and approach along with the end result which helped me to have my knee repaired. This allowed me to exercise again which i'm so passionate about, I will always be very grateful to him because of this. I recently visited him again for a different issue with the other knee and found him to be exactly how i remembered, with the same high level of compassion and care towards me. The symptoms this time did not result in an operation but we discussed an exercise regime to moderate and control the problem. Mr Chauhan provided me with the reassurance i needed that everything was going to be ok. He has a very caring and kind nature and will actively listen to your problem. You feel safe and confident under his care. I would highly recommend him.

25th October 2019

On my recent visit I was seen earlier than my appointment time, on previous occasions the clinic has run 2 hours behind. I can thoroughly recommend Mr. Chauhan, I have been a patient of his for about 18 months. He listens and gives excellent advice on how to help the problem. After a procedure on my knee, I can now work out without any pain and have even started to run again. I could not have done this with Mr. Chauhan help, advice and expertise. I can now understand why sometimes he’s clinic run behind, it is because he helps and cares about he’s patients.

22nd October 2019

I found Mr Chauhan to be a very approachable man who listened to any concerns I had.He was friendly and the aftercare was second to none.i would certainly recommend this doctor to anyone.

Short link to review Mr Chatenya Chauhan: http://iwgc.net/eeaei