Dr Sergei Lapa

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a NHS patient at Church View Surgery
4th November 2021

Very understanding, professional consultation this evening after an absolutely awful experience with one of the reception staff who spoke to me very rudely and cut me off after I had been on hold for 50 minutes - left me in tears. After a further 40 minutes on hold(!) finally spoke to a polite member of staff who arranged a telephone consultation. Sadly one unprofessional member of staff ruined the whole experience, but I cannot fault Dr Lapa who was very patient and kind. Thank you.

21st September 2020

Unfortunately, Dr Lapa is very rude and unsympathetic. We had to speak to him 3 times and at all times he left us feeling worthless and really bad about ourselves and our health. When we mentioned we are worried about a treatment, he said 'we will have to anchor you down'. Like other reviews said, he really needs to learn patient care and how to speak to people.

24th January 2020

I have seen Dr Lapa on two occasions for two different reasons about a year apart. On both occasions Dr Lapa was extremely rude and dismissive and acted as though I was wasting his time. On the first occasion I broke down in tears in the appointment because of his dismissive manner to which his response was unfriendly, unsympathetic and rather annoyed. On the second occasion I managed to hold back the tears until after I left the surgery and then proceeded to have a panic attack. As we are unable to specify a doctor when making a same day appointment it has gotten to the point where I am extremely anxious to make an appointment when I need to in case I am assigned him as a doctor on the day. Dr Lapa needs training on patient care. Patients should not feel anxious about making an appointment or scared of the treatment they will receive when they do so. I submitted a complaint after the first appointment on the surgeries website but saw no response and judging by the amount of negative reviews on here over the last few years they have no intention of holding him accountable for his behaviour. I have no choice but to change my GP surgery.

7th August 2019

I am new to this surgery after moving house. I saw he same GP for many years at my previous surgery. I am shocked to read the negative reviews about Dr Lapa. Yes at first he can seem abrupt but maybe that is a cultural thing? I have seen him several times now about bp and other ongoing conditions and found him thoughtful and honest, although the truth may be uncomfortable! He has listened to me and taken on board my point of view about medications etc. I want the continuity of seeing the same GP and so far am very happy to stick with Dr Lapa.

1st March 2019

Not supportive, no care into medical history Went asking for help to be told I eat more then him yet would not look at my food diary or listen to my worries ended up walking out of clinic made to feel small and worse then when I walked in wish I had not bothered with my appointment, I walked out of the appointment in tears no doctor should be so uncaring or drive someone Or have a even more unhealthy view against food. I also questioned the link with depression. Anxiety and lack of sleep with blood sugars which is a known fact to be told there is no links. I went wanting help as I was insulin controlled in one pregnancy the following also diabetic fast forward 2019 and feeling rough requesting bloods pre diabetic shows, There is no follow up bloods checked once your pregnancy is over so this is likely to be something that has never gone away and that is why I wanted to see a diabetic nurse as of course I am worried. Worried enough to do a 7 day food dairy and blood check but still being treated like a waste of time, For the records 2 boiled eggs mixed veg and 1 slice of mackerel is more then what doctor lapa eats and I need weight management, his words you eat more then me. Please if you have mental health issues, don’t book to see him infact I hope you read reviews before booking I wish I had, I have been left to feel even worse about eating and even more anxious.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »