Dr Sergei Lapa

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

I found this doctor very rude and he wasn't sure about my illness. He asked me what I thought it was and googled the symptoms. He then sent me away none the wiser. I wouldn't recommend.

23rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

This is the first time I have ever written a complaint about anybody, in any walk of life Appointment for strained back, not the first time. Wonder if Dr Lapa is Russian? Because he is the most abrupt, rude, disinterested and the last person who should deal with the public. I explained the problem, he asked, in a manner which you'd a thought I'd been talking about my pet cat, "well, what do you want me to do about it". Then proceeded to basically call me a junkie. I said that previously Diclofenic had worked in relaxing my back muscles, he said "so, do you want me to prescribed Diazapan"! which is a very strong pain killer. Appalling Dr/person. Maybe this just shows the state of our national health system. Or perhaps will dissuade the public from seeking medical advice and therfore saving, in the short term, money.

9th December 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

He listened to me and I felt sure he had my best interest at heart thank you

26th August 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

What a bad experience! He's more like a referee than a doctor and wasn't empathic in the slightest. I cam to see him about my viral infection and he started by stabbing a instrument in my ear; when I flinched he said I would cause more harm than good by moving. Not impressed. He had no advice he just pretty much just sat there nodding. I also asked Mr Lapa if what i had was contagious and he said yes; to which I replied 'my mum has multiple sclerosis' and he said that's fine ms doesn't weaken the immune system - now surely this guy can't be a doctor? Surely he can't be getting paid nearly £100,000 a year to dish out information which is dangerous and untrue. I found him rude, cold and un-knowagable. I also think it would be a wise move for the surgery to replace him and clearly no one else is happy with him either.

23rd August 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

I had an appointment with the doctor and it is the second time I have had an appointment with him. I actually had a pleasant experience with him the first time as it was something easy, but this time on an unrelated issue, the experience was completely different. He asked me what I wanted to discuss, and did not make me feel comfortable, therefore I became nervous to tell him everything. It was not a nice experience as it was the first time I was telling a doctor about my problem. I had been away for a year overseas, therefore hadn't brought myself to see a doctor about my stomach problems. These type of problems are not the most pleasant to explain at the best of times. He was very blunt and dismissive, and much like other people's cases I've heard about with other doctors, he just wanted to pass it off as IBS. He gave me little explanation or advice. He also asked me 'what do you think the problem is?', however if you go to the doctor, it is for them to give you that answer, otherwise you wouldn't be seeing the doctor. I even tried to explain another problem I was having with a separate issue, which he didn't seem interested in or even give me any time to explain. His words were 'is there anything else?', in a condescending tone. He told me to book a separate appointment to talk about the other issue, however for all I know they could be related. After this he more or less shoved papers in my hand and wanted me out the door, bearing in mind, he was already 20 minutes late for my appointment. I was very upset and felt even worse for talking to a doctor about my problem, this should not be the case. Doctors should be there to make you feel comfortable, advise you and reassure you. I don't recommend this doctor if you are feeling sensitive about an issue you wish to discuss with him, however if it's something fairly obvious or routine he could be appropriate.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »