Dr Sergei Lapa

Written by a patient at Church View Surgery
24th January 2020

I have seen Dr Lapa on two occasions for two different reasons about a year apart. On both occasions Dr Lapa was extremely rude and dismissive and acted as though I was wasting his time. On the first occasion I broke down in tears in the appointment because of his dismissive manner to which his response was unfriendly, unsympathetic and rather annoyed. On the second occasion I managed to hold back the tears until after I left the surgery and then proceeded to have a panic attack. As we are unable to specify a doctor when making a same day appointment it has gotten to the point where I am extremely anxious to make an appointment when I need to in case I am assigned him as a doctor on the day. Dr Lapa needs training on patient care. Patients should not feel anxious about making an appointment or scared of the treatment they will receive when they do so. I submitted a complaint after the first appointment on the surgeries website but saw no response and judging by the amount of negative reviews on here over the last few years they have no intention of holding him accountable for his behaviour. I have no choice but to change my GP surgery.

Written by a patient at Church View Surgery
7th August 2019

I am new to this surgery after moving house. I saw he same GP for many years at my previous surgery. I am shocked to read the negative reviews about Dr Lapa. Yes at first he can seem abrupt but maybe that is a cultural thing? I have seen him several times now about bp and other ongoing conditions and found him thoughtful and honest, although the truth may be uncomfortable! He has listened to me and taken on board my point of view about medications etc. I want the continuity of seeing the same GP and so far am very happy to stick with Dr Lapa.

Short link to review Dr Sergei Lapa: http://iwgc.net/efuxc