Dr Sergei Lapa

« 1 2 3 4 »

26th August 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

What a bad experience! He's more like a referee than a doctor and wasn't empathic in the slightest. I cam to see him about my viral infection and he started by stabbing a instrument in my ear; when I flinched he said I would cause more harm than good by moving. Not impressed. He had no advice he just pretty much just sat there nodding. I also asked Mr Lapa if what i had was contagious and he said yes; to which I replied 'my mum has multiple sclerosis' and he said that's fine ms doesn't weaken the immune system - now surely this guy can't be a doctor? Surely he can't be getting paid nearly £100,000 a year to dish out information which is dangerous and untrue. I found him rude, cold and un-knowagable. I also think it would be a wise move for the surgery to replace him and clearly no one else is happy with him either.

23rd August 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

I had an appointment with the doctor and it is the second time I have had an appointment with him. I actually had a pleasant experience with him the first time as it was something easy, but this time on an unrelated issue, the experience was completely different. He asked me what I wanted to discuss, and did not make me feel comfortable, therefore I became nervous to tell him everything. It was not a nice experience as it was the first time I was telling a doctor about my problem. I had been away for a year overseas, therefore hadn't brought myself to see a doctor about my stomach problems. These type of problems are not the most pleasant to explain at the best of times. He was very blunt and dismissive, and much like other people's cases I've heard about with other doctors, he just wanted to pass it off as IBS. He gave me little explanation or advice. He also asked me 'what do you think the problem is?', however if you go to the doctor, it is for them to give you that answer, otherwise you wouldn't be seeing the doctor. I even tried to explain another problem I was having with a separate issue, which he didn't seem interested in or even give me any time to explain. His words were 'is there anything else?', in a condescending tone. He told me to book a separate appointment to talk about the other issue, however for all I know they could be related. After this he more or less shoved papers in my hand and wanted me out the door, bearing in mind, he was already 20 minutes late for my appointment. I was very upset and felt even worse for talking to a doctor about my problem, this should not be the case. Doctors should be there to make you feel comfortable, advise you and reassure you. I don't recommend this doctor if you are feeling sensitive about an issue you wish to discuss with him, however if it's something fairly obvious or routine he could be appropriate.

3rd August 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

I never put reviews about anyone but after my visit to dr lapa today I feel I need to. I visited about a very sensitive issue . Dr lapa sneered at me and judged me instantly . He said what do I expect him to do and gave me a number from Google . I left in tears feeling belittled

12th April 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

Dr Lapa was disinterested in me and even answered his mobile telephone part way through my appointment and had a conversation in his language! When he finished his phone call, he didn't examine me to "save embarrassment" even though I assured him I wasn't embarrassed. He prescribed me medication without examining me and said that if it didn't work come back in three weeks and see the lady dr who would examine me! He then explained how expensive the medication he was prescribing me was and proceeded to look for a cheaper alternative! I had booked a double appointment so I could speak to him about another issue, he sat back in his chair, put his hands on his head and said "I don't know what you want me to say about that"! He said he wasn't an expert and that I should go to a dr at the Hockley practice instead!!! He was utterly useless and left me feeling that I hadn't been listened to and prescribed medication without being examined! Disgusting that he thinks it appropriate to treat his patients in this way - you should be ashamed! I have been a patient of this practice since I was 2 years old and 35 years later I will be moving to another practice along with my entire family!

15th March 2016
Written by a patient at Church View Surgery

Does not listen, does not seem to care.

« 1 2 3 4 »