Church View Surgery

Burley House, 15 High Street, Rayleigh, EssexEngland, SS6 7DY 1 2 3 4 5 82 reviews

17th September 2021

Can not express into words the amazing care we are all given collectively in my family by this practice. Above and beyond. Always get an appointment.

Absolutely nothing! You have this absolutely nailed!

17th August 2021

The first 3star ratings are irrelevant as I cannot get into the surgery. This surgery has now Implemented telephone only calls to book appointments (pre Covid I could book online). I called this morning 17-Aug-2021 at 08:00 it took 3-4 calls to get into the queue system, I was then 6th in the queue, it got to my turn to talk (after a 4 min wait, quite good I thought) and then the phone went dead (deliberate, accidental, fault with system - I have no idea). So I called again, another 3 calls just to get connected, I was then 10th in the queue, after a further 12 minutes I finally got through only to be told that all this mornings slots for the Dr I want to see have gone and I need to call back at 13:30 for an afternoon appointment. This system of getting appointments is NOT at all patient focused. I can’t even walk into the surgery and ask for an appointment due to Covid, nor can I go online to book my appointment.

Take the restriction off the online appointment booking’s, we are no longer at the beginning of the C19 pandemic, the virus is much more understood, everywhere else in society is back to normal but this GP surgery still has not got back to any resemblance of normal service or allowing appointments bookings.

12th July 2021

All the staff were extremely efficient and helpful during my recent visit which culminated in me having to be transported to Southend Hospital via an ambulance it further treatment.

Cannot think of any thing

29th June 2021

I spoke to a lady on the phone today about my prescription, she was extremely unhelpful, did not seem to care at all, and was rude to the point she sounded like she did not want to deal with my call. Very unprofessional and made my mental health worse.

Nicer staff who actually help, some are very lovely but it’s the odd person who really lets the rest down and makes you want to not call up.

22nd March 2021

this feedback is just about booking an appointment. A specific doctor was requested as that was who was seen previously for the same mental health condition. The person on the phone said that a triage doctor would have to call if it was not an ongoing condition and as a doctor hadn’t been seen for a year for this condition the request for a named doctor was denied. I understand that the people on the phone are trained for care navigation but... Is there a time limit for an ongoing condition? Being told you can’t get an appointment with the doctor you must trust to discuss a mental health issue with is a very upsetting experience and shows a lack of empathy for those that suffer mental health conditions. It had been a year since the last appointment but that doesn’t mean the condition is not ongoing, to my understanding. I understand that the colleagues on the phone are given training on how to best book an appointment but in this case I feel there is room for improvement. Regarding ease of booking appointments. Sometimes you can phone and get straight through like today. But last week we tried for an hour or two on more than one day but didn’t get an answer. I assume too busy for the number of people on reception.

Can the policy for care navigation be made available at the surgery so we can see what to expect. E.g. what is the time limit for an ongoing condition

Rating not given.

{{category}} working at Church View Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Church View Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecdcu