Church View Surgery

Burley House, 15 High Street, Rayleigh, EssexEngland, SS6 7DY

Church View Surgery

6th June 2018

The only female doctor now operates only from the hockley surgery, she was the only one my wife was comfortable seeing and the only one who a tually listened and could actually understand plain English as a first language. Every other doctor at this Ora time has eng,ist as a second language IMHO. Appointments for the day that you want an appointment and now defined as "emergency appointments". I would not recommend this surgery to any new patients. I have been a patient here for about 37 years, but not for much longer. do I expect any changes following this review that will actually benefit the patients, Honestly NO.

22nd December 2017

I am posting this review now following a conversation this morning asking for a doctor to call my wife by phone. My wife has overnight come down with a stomach bug that has her puking frequently. She is not the kind of person to call a GP and ask for this unless it really is required, when my wife says to me I can't make it up there, I believe her. The fact that today 22-Dec-2017 is the last business day for GP services normal opening hours (oh for Saturday opening again where you can just walk in) before the Christmas break AND In order not to spread this "bug" I called the doctors to ask if she could get a call back when convenient to speak to a doctor. Within the hour I got a call back from a receptionist to tell me that my wife had been added to the home visit list for today, however, they couldn't guarantee that a GP would be out to see her and that if no one had been before 18:30 hours that We would have to call the out of hours doctors service. I have also chatted with our friendly pharmacist and there are no longer any over the counter "anti sick" medications available, it's all on prescription now, which is fine if one can get to see a GP. So my dear wife is stuck in bed, puking

2nd November 2017

I would like to thank receptionist Liz for help and kindness these past two days she went out of her way to help me arrange an appointment for my husband who was very poorly.The surgery was very busy because one of the doctors was off sick which had given the receptionists extra work having to phone patients to rearrange appointments, also thank you to Dr Babar for seeing him. Once again Thank you.

21st July 2017

I am 80 years old with a long history of coronary disease. Only as a real emergency would I see anyone other than Doctor Jayasuriya. He remains in all respects the most outstanding GP I have had. The support staff in Reception are always courteous and helpful. I would especially like to thank Courtney who went out of her way to help resolve a recent problem I had. My only problem is with the comfort of the chairs in the waiting area. A sit for any other than a short time is agony -,but tha's a small price to pay for excellent service and care.

14th July 2017

I have been really ill with my depression and anxiety for a whole week, I couldn't get for a appointment I got in today Friday the 14th at 17.00 I saw a doctor Barber I feel I need to take this further because of his attitude and it was a very humiliating situation where he didn't listen to me and literallly told me he can do no more for me. I've been ill with this since I wa in my 30s and I'm quite ashamed of myself that I have attempted suicide around 7 times with a history of self harm . I am mortified that a doctor could treat me this bad , he didn't even give me my medication and was left crying in the reception area. I had to continue to sit in the reception for another 30 minutes feeling inside my head , confusion , rejection and totally humiliated I have come to him for help and he said he can not help me any more. I'm writing this because if I had been totally in my bad place at that time I would have gone home and God knows what would have happened. I am going to take this higher because if another patient came in to see him suffering also mental Health and this unacceptable attitude was displayed I dread to think what would have happened .. mental health is real and it is. Real illness not one someone makes up .