dr-richard-fry

Written by a private patient at Psychiatric & Psychological Consultant Services
22nd February 2022

Beyond disappointing ‘care’ from Dr Fry, resulting in: - A report NHS CAMHS would not accept - A lengthy journey on additional vitamins & supplements that made absolutely no difference - A rude, patronising and condescending Consultant who came across like he was utterly disinterested after being paid - Misleading of appointments, follow up and fees - Staff members of Dr Fry constantly apologising on his behalf & exhausted with the pressures within the clinic Since contacting Dr Fry in a desperate state we have since found the most incredible consultants who genuinely want to help, support and empower their patients, who price themselves fairly without trying to rip people off. Stay away at all costs and go somewhere else.

Written by a private patient at Psychiatric & Psychological Consultant Services
28th November 2021

Dr Fry has been on a complex journey with our daughter - he is thorough and considers the holistic and medical sides to our treatment and coordinates well with the other consultants in my daughter care. His appointments both face to face proir to covid and zoom since have been thorough and we always recieve a full report after that has been invaluable for school/ authorities and GP. We have a complex case that has involved diagnosis of connective tissue disorder, heart surgery, POTS diagnosis and potentially MCAS and PANs, all combined with anxiety and food related issues. Thank you for your on going support.

Written by a private patient at Health Optimising Winchester
10th November 2021

I felt like Dr Fry saved my son ( and I ) from a complete melt down just before his GCSE’s. My son was not doing well but with the start of a plan with Dr Fry he ended up doing better than expected and was able to remain in the same school for 6th form. Dr Fry listens intently and does not miss important detail. Dr Fry does not just dole out medication easily but looks at the whole person through nutrition to make sure the body is producing what it should be first eg through hair testing , saliva etc etc The team ( eg Tracey and Heather ) are so approachable , friendly , will work hard to help you yet stay professional at all times. I have answered the profile as my son as it was he who had treatment.

I am a Psychiatrist seeing Children, Adolescents, Families, and some Adults. After 20 years int he NHS I moved into exclusively private practice in 2005. I have a firm interest in Metabolic and Nutritional contributions to psychological health and well-being, as well as all conventional medical and psychological/dynamic approaches in mental health and illnesses. I am trained in Functional Medical approaches (IFM member). I have a background in general practice so am well rooted in common sense approaches too. I work from Winchester in two bases as well as outlying more occasional clinics in London and Windsor. There is much more about me and my approach on my website (drfry.org.uk).

Nearest Psychiatrists