dr-richard-fry

11th November 2020

Dr Fry was very abrupt, had no sympathy, and came across as though he was to busy. Appointment cost £600. We have tried to contact his secretary, through emails and phone calls to arrange a therapy appointment. A few weeks later and they have still not contacted us.

Written by a patient at BMI Sarum Road Hospital
12th October 2020

When I first went to see him, I thought he was great because he took time to listen to me when I talked about school problems, and diagnosed me autistic.  He actively listened for many sessions and I felt heard, and it seemed like he cared. However, this was not proved to be the case. When I was taken off antidepressants too fast and developed SSRI antidepressant withdrawal syndrome and akathisia,  he didn't want to know. Every time I tried to talk about it, he refused to listen and said it wasn't his job. When I showed him articles about akathisia he didn't read them. He'd only concentrate on histamine and mast cell aspect of withdrawal. He kept pushing supplements, even to the point of shaming me into taking them, despite being told repeatedly that they made me worse. When I complained at being unheard and shamed,  he discharged me, saying the relationship was unhealthy. When I pointed out that there was increased risk of suicide because he was leaving me with no support whatsoever, he didn't care. He doesn't care if I live or die. Additionally he was very unprofessional and told me every time he had a heart problem (heart attack or procedure), which increased my stress and made my symptoms worse. Holistic psychiatry is definitely the way forward, however he isn't holistic. On the one hand he tests for deficiencies etc., whist on the other prescribing meds such as antidepressants that can cause dependence, create deficiencies, and completely ruin a person's life. I feel completely betrayed and abandoned by him. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Written by a patient at BMI Sarum Road Hospital
6th April 2020

He wants the best for his patients, listens well and puts at ease, and helps as much as can. Cares about the whole person so will help find food intolerances etc to improve quality of life.

24th March 2020

Dr Fry has been absolutely fantastic in advising us on how best to support our child who has ADHD. Dr Fry is so calm, friendly and helpful whenever we have consultations. Through holistic approaches and carefully monitored medication our child is thriving and happy at school and is doing so very well. We couldn’t ask for more and we highly recommend Dr Fry for anyone looking for support for themselves or a family member.

I am a Psychiatrist seeing Children, Adolescents, Families, and some Adults. After 20 years int he NHS I moved into exclusively private practice in 2005. I have a firm interest in Metabolic and Nutritional contributions to psychological health and well-being, as well as all conventional medical and psychological/dynamic approaches in mental health and illnesses. I am trained in Functional Medical approaches (IFM member). I have a background in general practice so am well rooted in common sense approaches too. I work from Winchester in two bases as well as outlying more occasional clinics in London and Windsor. There is much more about me and my approach on my website (drfry.org.uk).

Nearest Psychiatrists