cardinal-clinic

Cardinal Clinic

Cardinal Clinic, Oakley Green, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5UL

Review of Day Treatment, written by a patient
29th April 2021

All the staff at the clinic have been wonderful throughout { } whole process. So kind and always gave me such a safe space, which was so needed for recovery.

I honestly do not think there is anything you could do better.

29th April 2021

The majority of the staff treated me excellent, the timetable is good and carried. [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] were all phenomenal and went the extra mile for me whatever they could.

Certain members of staff can come across at { } respectful and rude and patroasiry. ( [name removed] and [name removed]) the communication between psychiatrist and nursing team was poor and discharged scrambled together at kept last minute although this was mainly or cleanliness fault.

29th April 2021

Continuity of care was sometimes inconsistent, and difficult situations are where I had to really push to get my voice heard and the situation resolved. Overall nurses kind and clinic was clean. Had to reiterate my opinions/thought/ feelings about how I was feeling to my doctor and different nurses./nDid not feel like I was fully understood patients upset me by learning notes and not being kind, whereas others really lovely, did not have much contact with key nurses.

* Making sure as min, 1 hour and 2 hour obs are adhered to on time./n* Monitoring conversation in communal areas and at meals./n* Ensuring patients away informed of changed to routine, or their care and kept in the loop./n* Some staff had too watch you take meds and some gave them to you and walked away and consistency.

29th April 2021

All staff were kind and caring.

Experience
Written by a private patient
28th April 2021

The Cardinal Clinic is a place of true healing and sanctuary- for those lucky enough to know it and able to be treated there. My time there put me back on track - and changed the course of my life for the better. In many ways it saved my life. Some people see their arrival at the Cardinal as their "lowest point" - but years on - I know truly know that the Cardinal Clinic is the reason why my life has been enabled and I've been able to build such a better future. Immense gratitude to ALL - for the brilliance and gentle care which is consistently offered from every level of the team there. Thank you Cardinal.

Safe
29th March 2021

Totally amazing here ,night nurses wonderful and caring, day nurses always had time to listen ,weekends boring though amazing grounds decor could be updated and rooms, cleaning staff always up for a chat gardeners alike, wonderful chefs great food, therapy sessions are ok they do like their handouts ,reception staff lovely as is everyone in cc,not to forget [name removed] amazing person always attentive, caring ,yeah it helped me a lot and would certainly rate cc to anyone, I had a lot going on but I think im in a better place now well done to everyone

Well you did ask better communication

11th March 2021

Ok here goes ,my second visit to cc in 4 years, what changed nothing except decor got worse ,bedding still same ,cleaners overworked and tired, ok nurses some exceptional but others couldn't care less so keep quiet and they are happy, however I discovered to gain attention self harm i got it ,it was the patient who helped each other and talked ,lack of communication was awful, it wasn't busybecause of covid, and yet it arrived anyway, the food was wonderful ,de silva is a legend and listens, [name removed] always smiling but patients weren't and left ,communication is fundamental and so important so please listen carefully to these patients and you also might learn something

Communication which resulted in a patient running in the road thankfully she was ok ,again years ago we were outside and a patient ran and to get bsck

2021-03-17 13:14:13
Response from Cardinal Clinic

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Feedback is critical for us to understand what we can focus on in the future. We’d like to say how sorry we are that you felt there were some areas that we can improve. Generally, patients are incredibly positive about the standard of care they have received. We are extremely concerned about some of the points you raised. We would be very grateful if you would call our Matron and provide some further information. This will allow us to fully investigate the issues and ensure we are able to learn from them for the benefits of other patients.

9th February 2021

All the nurses are amazing. They make you feel safe and cared for. Its not just a job for them, they all really cared about my progress and wanted to help me.

Poor communication regarding covid cases. The situation could have been handled better. The positive test results caught the clinic by surprise so hopefully they will learn from this experience and communicate with patients quicker in the future.

Review of Day Treatment, written by a patient
27th January 2021

Very good practitioners, inclusive treatment care with me involved. Good sessions.

2021-02-10 14:54:34
Response from Cardinal Clinic

Thank you for leaving your review, and rating us 5 stars. The team here at the Cardinal Clinic take pride in putting our patients at the heart of our care and are glad you felt involved. We will be sure to pass this on to the team!

27th January 2021

Staff were very welcoming e.g. played pool with there Staff helped me build my confidence when it was low.

Could have been more organised with the clozaplue service- I did not get to solve it until 2 weeks of being here.

Experience

{{category}} working at Cardinal Clinic ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Cardinal Clinic: http://iwgc.net/echir