Dr Oswald Jack

• Neurology
  • Psychiatry

21st September 2017
Written by a patient at Crosshouse Hospital

I went to see this doctor if you can call him that. Not too sure of the first name but it was Mr Jack I saw in Ayr hospital and it fits the bill with his attitude. I suffered about 15 min of verbal abuse , to a point I got up and walked out . He was verbally abusive ,unprofessional and leaning on creating a bitter confrontation with him. He asked question did not listen and when he wrote notes he had clearly an anger management issue. I tried to explain my symptom and he clearly closed me off stating there was nothing wrong. His manner was to approach everything with an aggressive tone , personal insults towards my skin, hair and overall well being . On making him aware i was reporting him via the director of nursing they say !!!! they found no substance of proof of his attitude. Clearly a director and a complaints section with large blankets to cover up a know risk in their NHS . They say they have no record of his attitude or complaints MMMMMMMM We are all aware of the NHS having a violence policy towards staff and any form of violence is not accepted seriously, this is an area that needs a review.This doctor is allowed to function in this job. Violence and the policy of prevention must be both ways. This doctor denied what had happened and is in my opinion need to go to neurology himself for help. As for my complained that was closed off it has not ended now i see other with similar experience of the doctor i will enlighten the NHS , of something they obviously already know but do nothing about. He needs to consider his position . He is currently a liability which needs ring fenced. He was at Ayr hospital week end day appointments. Approximately 4 weeks ago Aug2017

23rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Ayr Hospital

I disagree with all the bad reviews Dr Jack has been getting I went to see him for the first time and he does listen and he is good at his job, he is straight to the point doesn't waste time good neurologist!

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at Crosshouse Hospital

Doesn't listen, asks the same pointless questions been waiting on him getting back to me for over 2weeks to find out what meds I've to get put on, very rude

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at Crosshouse Hospital

When I first went in there was a lot of flicking through my case notes and said something about the size of my file then got apiece of paper and had to ask me what my Symtoms were came round the other side of his desk put jaggy roller up my head but not at the side I experience the most pain then squeezed up at ware the spine meets the skull then proceeded to squeeze my shoulders told me he was discharging me and sending me to pain clinic I've been in spasm and having pinch sensation in neck and in thoracic portion of my spine for days very rude does not listen to anything you have to say in relation to your case .im going to my GP to find out how to get second opinion I'm not at all happy with my appointment my husband agrees he was arrogant and just wanted me out his room.This doctor could just try and be a bit more patient and a bit of empathy towards patients would go along way.

4th September 2016
Written by a patient at Ayr Hospital

After reading these comments I was rather worried about being seen by him.. He was a lovely guy! Very pleasant, thorough examination and did listen to what was being said to him. I did not find him arrogant or understandable because of his accent either.

Nearest Neurologists