The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G51 4TF

20th December 2019

I was cared for so well by the neurological team and ward nurses, both physically and mentally when a patient summer 2019. I cannot give higher praise.

17th December 2019

I was in last year with crippling migraines. A young male nurse when asked to be gentle as I'd had so many needles I was sore and bruised from the trainee doctor the day before who had tried several times to get blood from my arm, anyway this male nurse said he couldn't be gentle as he was 6ft 5in tall. My son had to walk out as he was going to give this idiot his character. On another occasion, I was in the 1 of the receiving units waiting to be seen, been there for three hours, there was an old lady crying for someone to help her for at least 2 hours, place was full of sick people. The staff done the conga all past the bays singing happy birthday as it was 1 of the nurses birthdays, not appropriate. I have been hearing the reports on the news about the water contaminated water, THE HOSPITAL IS BUILT RIGHT NEXT TO THE SEWERS AND 2 MINUTES UP THE ROAD IS A DUMP. Seriously uneducated person that had that idea.

24th November 2019

From the receptionist who took my details to the last member of staff i saw as I left the building i could not find a more professional, caring, wonderful bunch of people. As a recently retired firefighter i know what being under pressure and stretched really means and the staff of QEUH were that and more but they never cracked or let it show. An elderly gent said to me "this is crap I've been here 3 hours" I told him try being without this brilliant NHS A thousand thankyou's to every one of you for being there when we need you .

23rd November 2019

I was disgusted at the way my wee dad was treated today, he was referred from out of hours at the Victoria, who were really nice, on arrival at Queen Elizabeth the male nurse was extremely helpful and kind, it went down hill from there. His O2 levels were low causing concern he had routine checks and bloods as expected plus told he was waiting to have a chest xray, the GP asked if he could was round but he was too frail therefore we asked for a chair and we could take him as porters were to busy sitting or there arses. Go was annoyed when we said dad could manage to walk so he went away to do whatever, some time later nurse comes in asking for a Flu sample which is solution in jar where patients garggle and spit , the results were back for this pretty sharp then it's all systems go , wee dad had a bad case of the flu, bless there's nothing to him, before we know it there's wearing masks, gloves, aprons sighn outside the bay saying No entry speak to staff member first, hardly a word spoken to us by staff , it's now meal time a young male nurse standing outside dad's bay and we hear him being told to come and take dad's order for dinner but what do we hear him saying to other staff well personally I would rather not go in am just back from 2 days sick leave , he enters and stands at corner with mask on asking dad what he wants then stares at him as if he's stupid how on earth is he meant to understand a word he's saying under a mask, when bringing food he couldn't get out fast enough you would think my dad had a dirty disease the way the staff behaved. As time passed my mum asked at reception when he would be having xray bearing in mind we have been waiting since just after 1.20pm she said she would get some one to take him, the doctor turns up with a chair asks us to take him my mum who is 70 and myself with a broken foot, doctor stands back watching me help dad from bed , doc scared to touch him. We struggle with chair to find X ray section so I ask at desk nurse says to dad's go show them the way , waste of time I try pushing trolly and going through corroder anoth lad possibly Go says it's better to pull the trolly then she noticed my big black boot and said to the GP can you not help those ladies his answer is I don't know where to go she said you can still help bearing in mind he's going in direction of x-ray dept, I ended up saying I have a broken foot at this point this lovely lad hot cross took dad's chair and she took us through she asked GP for notes he replied I don't have them but have his name this lady was so embarrassed and annoyed she told him to leave. After a 3 hour wait on porter we took dad for X ray and were back in 10 mins, this was all due to no one wanting to deal with him because of flu. Wee while waiting on results we hear the tea trolly I said oh hear you a wee cuppa you've not had one to my shock the guy outside asked dad's GP do think they may want a cup tea bearing in mind we had been in quarantine for hours with blue curtain closed it was boiling no one could see in or out but they knew we were there the doctors reply was No he's going home soon I wouldn't bother, how dare he answer on a patient's behalf like that. Once told cleared to go home they actually couldn't get him out fast enough, he's medication came antibiotics and Tamiflu no pain relief, doctor explained meds how to take etc then asks anything else you want to know, yes I said my da wanted a cup of tea and you told the tea server no not bother , do you know what he didn't know where to put his face. I am disgusted the way staff treat patients and relatives if it was their family how would they feel,. You hear them talking about other patients business, no privacy whatsoever. This was the immediate assessment unit, . It's amazing how a staff member can look so busy walking by doing nothing peering in just because we opened the curtain a bit so wee could breathe. I hope none of my family or myself ever have to be a patient in here. Not all staff are like this but so many of them are. No one is too good for anything or anyone . If they don't care about patient's health wellbeing they should go work elsewhere .

19th November 2019

Awful, nurses gossiping about other patients and could be overheard. Waited over 6 hours and failed to see any doctor. Lost the will to liver. Rude nurses and doctors on their phones. Absolutely awful and avoid this place if you can, go to an alternative hospital. I was told to come to the acute receiving medical unit, waited and waited, I’m leaving now without seeing a doctor. I can’t sit for so long, I have advised them I am in pain.

8th November 2019

Great care at Childrens A&E today for our little boys facial injury. A special thanks to Lizzie Dugan and David who did a great job.

6th November 2019

The smell of sewage outside the hospital and in the car park is so bad my eyes were watering and I had to use a scarf to cover my mouth and nose. I saw an elderly woman retch! What is it! Why is it so bad, surely it’s bad for your lungs to i Hale such noxious fumes?

6th November 2019

I was a cancer patient in ward 62. I am still shocked to the core at how I was treated. The theatre recovery room nurse seemed unaware that I was having vision problems.She was too busy having a laugh at my expense! My vitals were not checked at all in the time I was there before being transfered back to the ward again nothing was checked untill the following day. I never had a qualified nurse come near me only a very rude to the point of aggressive female student nurse. She barked at me that my blood oxygen was low my temp was high and my blood pressure low as if I had did something to cause this.I had an NG feeding tube in place she said its not going through,WHY? Again acting as though my fault.She said well Im turning the flow up to 70 the pain was unspeakable! Did she think Im too old to make a fuss?That I would put up and shut up. I wont go into some of the shocking things that were done to me for legal reasons,but it will all be said by lawyers Im sure. I will say that never ever will I put a foot in that hospital again. The ward cleaner was a hard working lovely woman I would have given 5+ to, but for the fact that male visitors were allowed to use the toilet in my room,I am lying there with open wounds and all and sundry are using the patients wc. Have they never heard of infection control? WC in waiting room was used as a store. The complaints system is an utter joke I would advise anyone to bypass it and go for legal advice from the start should you have reason to. I daresay there are many devoted staff working in the hospital,pity none are in that ward apart from a young male student nurse and the ward cleaner. I have never spoken out of turn to NHS staff but I sorely wish I had given them an earbashing before I left esp the theatre/ward staff and the male physio. It is time to weed out the the bad apples in this particular barrel. Nurse manager/college of nursing and midwifery please take note.

6th October 2019

I am still in hospital I have been moved to Ward room 111 your people are amazing this is the first time I’ve been on the national health your staff are excellent The sunshine and the staff was absolutely wonderful the nurses the cleaner all happy I couldn’t do enough for me just like a private hospital I cannot see any difference except I won’t be in this day and thank you so much once again for your staff I would enough from me so well David_Arthur

1st October 2019

nothing great about this trip, was left bleeding to death by nurse, rude and moody nursing staff, lost blood sample, was discharged then fainted and finally taken seriously.

{{category}} working at The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow: http://iwgc.net/eb4xz