The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G51 4TF

18th September 2018

I attended gynaecology clinic. Was instructed by a nurse to wait in the wrong place. After an hour and a half wait I questioned if I would be seen at all. Got told I was in wrong area. Waited a further hour in a room with alot of other ladies who were just as fed up as I was. All had been there at least two hours. Finally was seen. Despite having pain was not examined and was clear this consultant just wanted rid of me. Was advised to have a repeat blood test three months later. Result was same as before. Level was raised but was discharged from this mans so called care by his secretary over the phone. Thanks to my wonderful G.P. and Colposcopist at my local hospital they got to the bottom of my problem which turned out to be stage 3 cancer. Queen Elizabeth University Hospital have useless, rude and laughable staff. Go there at your peril.

27th August 2018

My husband because acutely ill in June. I cannot fault the clinical treatment but an A/E female Consultant needs to learn manners!!! I suggest she was on a power trip As his wife I should be told what is wrong but no we all have to be together and I have to wait.She knew but wouldn't tell me.leaving me alone to imagine the worst Then she spoke to us as if we were imbiciles..,It got worse upstairs a Dr refused to speak to me in a private area. I learned the diagnosis from the discharge letter!?? Everyone in the ward knew except me his wife.Call themselves a Doctor forgot the vow very quickly.

27th April 2018

My Dad has been in ward 62 recently and has just told me by phone he us to go back in to have a small skin cancer removed from his face. This has been highlighted through a routine appointment which also showed dehydration in his kidneys. He was in hospital fir 2 days to sort the dehydration out and through CT scans was given the news. He will be going in within 2 weeks. The attention and treatment he has had is just excellent and makes what he is going through just a bit easier knowing he is being taken care of in the way he has by staff of ward 62 and his Consultant/Doctor. I had to put this review on as i dont live local to him but knowing the care he is getting is such a big relief.

3rd March 2018

I look forward to the new neuroligical building being fully opened and functional.

4th February 2018

Casualty 3/2/18 after call from police sister victim of domestic abuse.Spoke with reception as to why I was there advised she would let medical staff know I was there.2.5hours later still waiting phoned my mother to find out that police had took my sister there.Rude much what has happened to common decency and good manners.Please don't tell me no one knew she had been discharged police confirm they did not have any information that I was there.Clearly information had not been passed lack of good communication skills disgraceful is how I would describe.Whilst I agree it is right to have a zero tolerance on abuse to staff it is understandable to a degree that people get angry due to unprofessionalism.It just is not acceptable.

{{category}} working at The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow: http://iwgc.net/eb4xz