Dr Frances Klemperer

I studied medicine at Cambridge University and Guy’s Hospital, London. I trained in psychiatry at Guy’s Hospital, where I conducted award-winning research, publishing in the British Medical Journal and the British Journal of Psychiatry. In addition, I hold the Institute of Psychiatry's qualification in cognitive behavioural therapy, a field in which I am recognised by the Royal College of Psychiatrists as having special expertise. This combined knowledge of psychiatry and psychotherapy allows me to make comprehensive assessments of my patients’ life difficulties. I have worked as a consultant psychiatrist in London and Brussels, with over 20 years experience as a consultant in general adult psychiatry. I practice in the NHS in Westminster and in Kensington and Chelsea, am an honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College and have an independent practice. I aim always to collaborate closely with my patients to properly understand their particular situation and to actively work with them to develop the most appropriate and effective long-term therapeutic plan. Areas of interest Anxiety disorders (panic disorder, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD); Mood disorders (depression, dysthymia and bipolar disorder); Psychosis (including schizophrenia); ADHD.

• Psychiatry

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

15th January 2020

I came to see Dr Klemperer for a second opinion having had a negative experience with another psychiatrist. I am so glad I came. It really felt like I was being listened to, she was both sympathetic and empathetic without a trace of arrogance or being dismissive about my mental health issues. I came away feeling supported and that I have different options to work towards improvement.

1st January 2020

I came to Dr Klemperer out of desperation, wanting to speak to an expert about my diagnosis. Despite me being slightly panicked, and I’m sure somewhat confusing, she was outstanding at making sense of my issues, and listening to me without judgement and with great empathy. It was the most positive interaction I have had with a mental health professional in 25 years, and I have no hesitation recommending Dr Klemperer to anyone. I will certainly continue to see her in the future.

3rd December 2019

Frances cares, listens carefully and asks the right questions to know more about you. I felt very comfortably talking to her.

14th November 2019

I feel Dr Klemperer listened about my problems and took them into consideration. She was attentive, helpful and friendly. I was very pleased with her suggestions and next steps about my mental health.

30th October 2019

I was nervous about seeing a psychiatrist but Dr Klemperer put me at ease right away. She was lovely to talk to and clearly really cared about understanding my particular experiences rather than just wanting to put me “in a box”. I feel in very good hands under her care and I’m looking forward to working with her going forward.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »