dr-frances-klemperer

Dr Frances Klemperer

26th January 2021

I found Dr. Klemperer extremely professional and highly experienced. Despite my initial nerves and discomfort prior to the session, I was immediately put at ease speaking to her and felt the conversation had an excellent flow. Dr. Klemperer was a very good listener, asked relevant questions, and summarised my issues in a way that really resonated with me. I received a few lightbulb moments in just one session with her and felt very relieved and comforted after listening to her professional assessment. I spent some time researching several psychiatrists before choosing Dr. Klemperer and would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone seeking a qualified psychiatrist.

23rd January 2021

Dr Klemperer was really excellent - very knowledgable about the conditions we discussed (including ADHD, depersonalisation, OCD), but also genuinely interested and wanting to help, rather than adopting the more detached (and perhaps jaded!) manner that seems to be common among mental health professionals. Dr Klemperer also strikes a very good balance between listening and asking further questions - in order to get to the heart of the issues. I left my appointment feeling very positive about the future. I would highly recommend Dr Klemperer.

22nd January 2021

Dr Klemperer is incredibly warm and easy to speak to. The conversation with was very insightful as she helped me understand how to manage my thoughts to better deal with certain situations. She is very perceptive and understood well how to draw out explanations from me, which helped me to naturally gain an awareness of how to interpret my feelings. I would highly highly recommend her for any patient!

13th January 2021

I was referred to Dr Klemperer seeking a second opinion on an assessment I had received previously from another practitioner. The previous practitioner had used online cognitive test platforms and a single interview and suggested that I may be on the borderline but didn't recommend (or appear particularly interested in) further investigation. Dr Klemperer's approach felt much more person-focussed, we went through detailed interviews and she took the time to review some notes and documents from my childhood to inform her decision. She came to a different diagnosis from the one I had received before and went through a trial and assessment of medication with me, finally finding something which has started to help my day to day life. I have found Dr Klemperer to be engaging and easy to talk to and I'm grateful for the assistance I've received from her and her team.

11th January 2021

The Dr took longer than the appointment allowed to explain the feedback thoroughly sending supplementary documents to help explain the meeting.

Dr Frances Klemperer was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Psychiatry

I studied medicine at Cambridge University and Guy’s Hospital, London. I trained in psychiatry at Guy’s Hospital, where I conducted award-winning research, publishing in the British Medical Journal and the British Journal of Psychiatry. In addition, I hold the Institute of Psychiatry's qualification in cognitive behavioural therapy, a field in which I am recognised by the Royal College of Psychiatrists as having special expertise. This combined knowledge of psychiatry and psychotherapy allows me to make comprehensive assessments of my patients’ life difficulties. I have worked as a consultant psychiatrist in London and Brussels, with over 20 years experience as a consultant in general adult psychiatry. I practice in the NHS in Westminster and in Kensington and Chelsea, am an honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College and have an independent practice. I aim always to collaborate closely with my patients to properly understand their particular situation and to actively work with them to develop the most appropriate and effective long-term therapeutic plan. Areas of interest Anxiety disorders (panic disorder, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD); Mood disorders (depression, dysthymia and bipolar disorder); Psychosis (including schizophrenia); ADHD.

Nearest Psychiatrists