Dr James Woolley

I am a consultant psychiatrist working both in the NHS (Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust) and private practice (Schoen Clinic Chelsea). I assess and treat adults with a wide range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, addictions, bipolar disorder, psychosis, ADHD, PTSD and OCD. I have particular experience in treating mental health issues where there are also overlapping physical health conditions.

19th October 2019

Dr Woolley treated me with total respect and as an equal. We were two partners sitting around a table, to search for a solution to a problem together. I took his medical expertise as a given and had complete confidence in it. However, his human approach and understanding were what really made a difference for me. I am fortunate to have had a very good outcome from medication. His advice on building up the dose and tapering off it, helped to minimise any side-effects.

18th October 2019

Dr Woolley has been nothing short of fantastic in the care he has provided to me. He is thoughtful in his suggestions and is very open in explaining the various options and how they work before letting you give your input on the direction you wish to go in. I would happily recommend him and consider myself lucky to have found him.

16th April 2019

Dr Wolley is the best doctor I have ever seen. He has the ability to get the information he needs in the least intrusive way. He can relate to people of all walks of life. He is respectful and caring. Most importantly to me, he was non judgemental. If you work with him, he will always strive to make things better for you.

Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Roehampton
13th February 2019

Over the last decade Dr Woolley has helped support my complex psychiatric needs which relate to a recurrent depressive disorder. As a direct result of his care I have been able to continue working in a professional capacity. What I like best about Dr Woolley is that he gives a lot of thought as to the most appropriate medication and dose. In addition he works well with other professionals such as psychotherapists so that the treatment received is well rounded. Dr Woolley is approachable, respectful of the patient and a good listener.

Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital
19th January 2019

I can't make a comparison with any other psychiatrists, but what I appreciate about Dr Woolley is that I feel fully involved in the conversation and decisions around my care. He treats me like the best witness to what is happening, rather than an unreliable one.

Nearest Psychiatrists