Dr James Woolley

I am a consultant psychiatrist working both in the NHS (Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust) and private practice (Schoen Clinic Chelsea). I assess and treat adults with a wide range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, addictions, bipolar disorder, psychosis, ADHD, PTSD and OCD. I have particular experience in treating mental health issues where there are also overlapping physical health conditions.

16th April 2019
Written by a patient at Schoen Clinic Chelsea

Dr Wolley is the best doctor I have ever seen. He has the ability to get the information he needs in the least intrusive way. He can relate to people of all walks of life. He is respectful and caring. Most importantly to me, he was non judgemental. If you work with him, he will always strive to make things better for you.

13th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Roehampton

Over the last decade Dr Woolley has helped support my complex psychiatric needs which relate to a recurrent depressive disorder. As a direct result of his care I have been able to continue working in a professional capacity. What I like best about Dr Woolley is that he gives a lot of thought as to the most appropriate medication and dose. In addition he works well with other professionals such as psychotherapists so that the treatment received is well rounded. Dr Woolley is approachable, respectful of the patient and a good listener.

19th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I can't make a comparison with any other psychiatrists, but what I appreciate about Dr Woolley is that I feel fully involved in the conversation and decisions around my care. He treats me like the best witness to what is happening, rather than an unreliable one.

20th December 2018
Written by a carer at The Priory Hospital Roehampton

Very nice gentleman, who is empathic, dedicated, professional and trustworthy I wish more professional had these qualities

6th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Roehampton

I cannot recommend Dr Woolley highly enough. From my first appointment, where he made time to see me at short notice, I started to believe that I could get better. Dr Woolley always listened to what I had to say and I always felt so reassured after my appointments with him. The follow up care I received after I left hospital was also excellent. I was told by another patient that I was very lucky to have him as my doctor as he had such an outstanding reputation and I couldn't agree more.

Nearest Psychiatrists