Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

369 Fulham Road, Chelsea, London, England, SW10 9NH

12th January 2021

The hospital was run well and managed efficiently during the pandemic situation but I noticed that there were street people / beggars using the hospital facilities as a restroom / toilet washing facilities etc, which I felt could increase the risk of infections to patients and staff unnecessarily.

3rd December 2020

I was welcomed as soon as I arrived and certain safety precautions were taken due to COVID-19, the doctor I attended to see was very clear in the information he was relaying to me, I could ask him anything I was not sure about and he would give me all the relevant information I needed.

16th November 2020

Daughter had treatment here last month under general surgery department and the experience from start to finish was poor. She had exactly the same operation two years previously under orthopaedic surgery and the experience then was absolutely gold standard - astonished general surgery could be so bad in comparison. First all admission was fumbled - told to stay in, then told to go home. Consented by doctor for local anaesthetic as day case but when returned following day for this was reconsented for general anaesthetic and an inpatient stay. Because of change of plan had to wait in A&E waiting room for six hours until inpatient bed became available. During theatre procedure had unexpected bleed leading to 48 hours of low blood pressure (headaches, lightheadedness to boot). Despite bleed in theatre nurse on night shift then tried to administer IV blood thinners. On day after surgery nurse in charge did not know who my daughter's consultant was, so discharged home with no follow up appointment. No visit from pharmacist on day of discharge so sent home without antibiotics (walk in centre had to then remedy this in spite of the fact it is not their responsibility). Daughter in so much pain had to return to the A&E department at Chelsea and Westminster - however, they failed to bleep the surgical team so she went home feeling as bad as when she came. Would not use this hospital again for any kind of surgery (feel very bad for the orthopaedic department saying that but this more recent experience has really coloured our thinking).

14th October 2020

A very pleasant and impeccably clean hospital. Wonderful staff - so friendly, helpful and professional. Easy to find, park and navigate. It was a great experience from start to finish.

25th September 2020

I am 33 weeks pregnant within my 1st pregnancy and having Braxton Hicks contractions, which has not been explained to me during my consultations (over the phone now due to COVID-19). So eventually I called the midwifes number to enquiry about those contractions and if I needed to be worried or not. But was most like the midwife did not have the time or patience to explain to me, like she wanted to put the phone down while I was still talking and trying to understand if there's something wrong. I know the NHS has been overwhelmed with number of patients specially in this currently difficult times, but an advice and explanation does not hurt anyone. It was only a quick phone call over 2 minutes and I have been told that if I have pain then to come to hospital. What type of pain? any other signs?? Shall I just google it to make me calm down?

19th August 2020

Very good hospital

7th August 2020

The staff are caring, efficient and friendly

21st May 2020

We had a very good experience at the Chelsea and Westminster hospital. We had a brilliant doctor - dr Nisha, the staff was very helpful, we felt taken care off and well informed.

{{category}} working at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Chelsea and Westminster Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3v3