wrexham-maelor-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 12,312 reviews Write a review

Wrexham Maelor Hospital

Croesnewydd Road, Wrexham, Wales, LL13 7TD

23rd January 2018

Was under treatment from doctor Thornton at the hospital, can’t praise him enough. Very kind and caring followed up on everything that he had promised about my treatment. I’m was very nervous after luckily never having to go into hospital before and he and the staff there were lovely. Very busy hospital but they always made time, I was in the arrivals lounge then into the Pasteur ward. Brilliant.

3rd December 2017

I attended AE on Friday 1st December 2017 at 6pm with severe stomach pains and vomiting. Within 10 minutes I was seen by a triage nurse and called in at 7pm. From that point onwards the staff and doctors in casualty were absolutely brilliant and I was admitted to SAU ward at 11pm. Once again the care and support throughout a painful night was first class. At 530am and 8am I saw Doctors from DR Bessi's team and had an xray and CT scan within hours. All options were open and I was diagnosed with IBD (Crohns) which requires further investigation via a camera. I was discharged at 4pm. From being in hospital less than 24 hours from my dealings with casualty staff, SAU ward staff, Dr Bessi's team and porters can I thank everyone so much for their care, support, kindness and first class service. All done with a smile on their face. A NHS service under pressure with staff working long hours but in my mind an absolute credit one and all to the NHS. I cannot thank you all enough. Well done and carry on a great service.

13th November 2017

I wanted great care when I had my day surgery and that is exactly what I had I was treated professionally with skill Kindness, dignity and respect. My experience was very positive I would be happy for any of my family to be cared for in this hospital

13th September 2017

The staff in Breast clinic are amazing - experts in their field but I really wish I could see the same person each time I go. Not knowing who I'm going to see makes me really anxious.

4th July 2017

My wife and I went for our twenty week scan for our first child on the 26/6/17. We were told a second opinion was required from a consultant to check our baby's brain and booked in for another scan on the 4/7/17 we arrived today for said appointment after a week of tears and stress to be taken into a office told the appointment was never booked and we could not be seen today. I explained I work an hour away it is difficult for me to take time to come back as we both had done for this appointment and that we have been especially stressed about our baby awaiting this scan. We were told to come back Thursday 6/7/17 I'm now awaiting this with an extremely upset wife and hoping I can arrange to attend this next appointment with my work. In any other profession this would be unacceptable we were told they had over booked, I'm sorry this is not an easy jet flight this is our child and we are waiting serious news. I've never felt so annoyed in my life and will be calling wed to confirm the appointment is booked for Thursday this time.