wrexham-maelor-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 12,309 reviews Write a review

Wrexham Maelor Hospital

Croesnewydd Road, Wrexham, Wales, LL13 7TD

13th September 2017

The staff in Breast clinic are amazing - experts in their field but I really wish I could see the same person each time I go. Not knowing who I'm going to see makes me really anxious.

4th July 2017

My wife and I went for our twenty week scan for our first child on the 26/6/17. We were told a second opinion was required from a consultant to check our baby's brain and booked in for another scan on the 4/7/17 we arrived today for said appointment after a week of tears and stress to be taken into a office told the appointment was never booked and we could not be seen today. I explained I work an hour away it is difficult for me to take time to come back as we both had done for this appointment and that we have been especially stressed about our baby awaiting this scan. We were told to come back Thursday 6/7/17 I'm now awaiting this with an extremely upset wife and hoping I can arrange to attend this next appointment with my work. In any other profession this would be unacceptable we were told they had over booked, I'm sorry this is not an easy jet flight this is our child and we are waiting serious news. I've never felt so annoyed in my life and will be calling wed to confirm the appointment is booked for Thursday this time.

12th June 2017

Poor after care support with breastfeeding my daughter, staff failed to support me and my daughter to feed resulting in my daughters weight loss which may have resulted in our daughter being admitted back into hospital, I was treated like a child myself being told to go back to bed after asking for help for my daughter who was having difficulty feeding, attitude was appalling from midwifes and 'carers' during the night shift in lawson tait ward dated 14th December 2016, we were discharged without a baby weight check, my community midwife identified tongue tie which if the staff bothered to look would have explained why my daughter was anxious and hungry, this is neglected duty of care to a mother and child!!!!! ??????? Questions need to be answered

25th May 2017

I attended the shooting star department this morning, Thursday 25th May, for a hysteroscopy appointment. I was seen by a team including a Mrs Kumar, staff nurse Jo Davies, Sister Julie Carter and HCA Kate Crossan. I would like to thank them for their kindness and consideration during my treatment. Such lovely, caring people. Thank you for making quite an unpleasant procedure as easy as possible. Lovely people.

24th May 2017

I am a patient under the ENT/ Sleep Apnoea unit - over several years the service has been excellent in all ways. Efficient, courteous and entirely professional.