central-middlesex-hospital

Acton Lane, Park Royal, London, England, NW10 7NS

1 2 3 4 5 38,908 reviews

Review of Endoscopy - CMH,
28th October 2022

I was blown away by the level of care my mum received in the endoscopy clinic today. All the staff (from the receptionist, to the nurse that welcomed us, and the doctors carrying out the procedure) had so much patience and compassion and were willing to be flexible to ensure she had the best experience possible. It was clear that everyone had her in mind at all steps of the process. A real credit to the NHS! My mum has a mental health condition and has had difficulties accessing healthcare in the past because of some bad experiences- I am so thankful to Laura White in particular (the junior doctor) for going above and beyond to listen to her concerns and explain everything in a really clear and easy to understand manner. Her level of expertise was obvious and she has this brilliant ability to make people feel at ease. I think it was because of her that my mum felt able to go ahead with the procedure at all and came away feeling really positive about the whole thing. I'm sure this will have a lasting impact on the way she will think about future hospital apts and that means a lot to me. Thank you again so much.

I think my mum found the 2 hr waiting time/ waiting room difficult to manage (e.g. small, stuffy), however the team allowed her to leave and come back which helped.

Safe
Food
Review of Abbey Suite CMH,
21st October 2022

No words can express the immense care at abbey ward. Kind,compassionate,understanding,gentle. Doctors,Physio’s and most especially the excellent nurses Thank you

Maybe more nutritious food

Safe
Food
Review of Orthopaedics Clinic CMH,
21st July 2022

My appointment was 11.00am and I reached in hospital 10.40 and used self checked machine with the help of one Male nurse there.I was advised to waite in waiting area.I been waiting there upto 12.15pm then I asked a staff member about my appointment because every patient behind me was served and i was sitting there alone. After five minutes the staff member revealed that for some reason your file was not reach at table so you have to waite further.I was not happy about the performance of concerning staff who were responsible for this negligence and inability.I am diabetic patient and my blood pressure go up and down.I could not afford this situation and just came back home with out attending appointment.I used cab to attend my appointment so that I could attend in time because in appointment letter it was stated that not attending appointment in time cost £160/=to NHS.My question is if like this service and performance is in the hospital then why they are expecting the public will appreciate.I am shocked and depressed by the attitude in this hospital and decided not ever make any further appointment in this hospital.

No comment

Review of Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) Clinic CMH,
25th May 2022

On 05.05.2022 at 1.56 pm l arrived at the GUM Clinic CMH for my 2 pm appointment. As this is an appointment only service, l pressed the buzzer, it rang and rang and the reception who her name as Pat did not answer it, however, another member of staff arrived and opened the door using a fob so l followed behind, the receptionist then asked me why l entered without her permission so l told her because you did not open when l was ringing buzzer until your colleague opened the door, she went on and on in her displeasure both of my presence l could feel and not waiting for her to open door no matter how long, l even offered to go back and ring so she could let me in, she said what for in a really rude dispensation. She even went to the extent of telling me that next time if l came in similar fashion, she will ask me to go back home. So l asked for her permission to complain because l felt really humiliated on that occasion, she only gave me her name as "Pat" Receptionist but denied to give me complaint form, l had to ask the nurse who attended to me who gave "iWantGreatCare" form. I would like this to be investigated thoroughly and appropriate action applied so that other patients are not subjected to this humiliation by the same or other such staff. My patient ID is 08/M2012

Understanding, compassion, calmness, working under pressure, welcoming, quick to answer or act such as opening door. Do not judge or see people through their colour.

Review of Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) Clinic CMH,
29th March 2022

My visit was very seamless, staff were friendly and an easy process.

Perhaps the forms could be more gender friendly, rather than just male/female to incorporate people of trans/non-binary communities.

Review of ACAD Day Case,
14th February 2022

I was very well looked after by the nursing staff - especially Maggie and Gemma. All medical staff introduced themselves to me and made sure to put me at ease. The procedure was explained to me in advance and was done clearly, using terms that I could understand.

Due to Covid restrictions, the day patients weren't allowed into the building until 08:00 (although I'd been asked to arrive by 07:30), so we had to wait outside until then. Totally understandable under the circumstances, but it was a cold December morning!!

Review of Physiotherapy Clinic CMH,
27th January 2022

Karsh was very professional and very reassuring, and has greatly helped me in the treatment I received. It did take quite some time from being referred by my GP to receiving the shockwave therapy on my foot. This is nothing to do with Karsh. I feel it is more likely due to the crisis that grew out of the COVID-19 pandemic. I feel I have benefitted enormously. It is good to know that I can start walking for exercise again, building up distance steadily. Thank you very much, Karsh. You have been outstanding. I also mention the lovely Receptionist. I'm sorry I don't have her name. She is from South Africa. She was always willing to help whenever I had reason to telephone the department..

Nothing.

Experience

{{category}} working at Central Middlesex Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Central Middlesex Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3vd