Brixton Hill Group Practice

22 Raleigh Gardens, London, England, SW2 1AE

24th July 2020

Let me start by saying I love the NHS: I have worked in it, it has saved my life and the lives of many people I know. Now that I have said that, it will be clear what I mean when I say that Brixton Hill Group Practice is the most astonishingly disorganised, incapable organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Despite purporting to keep records, no single person, receptionist, back office staff or doctor ever knows what anyone else has actually been doing or not doing. Since I have been a patient there, they have: refused to perform a diagnostic assessment on me; caused a delay of three months in a crucial referral; failed to inform me of key characteristics of a medicine they prescribed; failed to identify side effects of said medicine; gave me profoundly incorrect advice about coming off said medicine causing me to become very unwell; failed to sign a prescription when requested causing me to run out of an important medication; then cancelled the prescription after they did finally send it, causing further delays in obtaining the medicines. In addition, their complaints policy is not fit for purpose and they are unresponsive to feedback. Something is profoundly, fundamentally wrong with this practice and I don't think they even realise.

20th December 2019

The fact it has changed to a telephone appointment with a doctor on the day of ringing who will then decide if you can be seen or not, makes the process very long. You have to start ringing by 7.55am and keep your hand on the repeat dial to manage to get through at 8am to book the telephone conversation in the first place. There is no system for booking an appointment in advance - everything has to be an emergency to get an appointment. Also our grandson stays regularly (every second weekend) and was refused treatment last winter (he had tonsillitis and a chest infection) as was not a patient there (he lives in Southampton) as there are no temporary patient forms. We were told to take him to casualty or a walk in clinic at Clapham Junction (not even Lambeth). I was disgusted by this - he is only seven. And whenever I go to collect my repeat prescriptions there is no one or very few people in the waiting room. Not surprised. We only stay with that doctors as its near. Wouldn't recommend joining the surgery.

{{category}} working at Brixton Hill Group Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Brixton Hill Group Practice: http://iwgc.net/ecdhr