Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

27th September 2016

How do I get an appointment with my doctor? I have tried many times phoning the surgery starting just before 8.30am and again at 1.30pm only to be told each time there are no appointments available. This has been the case many many times, I am also told that appointments can not be pre-booked in advance, so how are patients getting to see their doctors and where are all the appointments’ going?. I have also tried phoning the surgery starting at 8.20am and kept re-dialling until the surgery opened and still no appointment available, one time I phoned the surgery at 1.15pm and kept re-dialling then to my surprise at 1.25pm it was answered (this was before the stated time of the surgery opening) I was told yet again that there are no appointments available.

13th September 2016

the new telephone system does not work for any one with additional needs. I am blind and do not drive. I rely on other to help me make appointments and get me to the surgery. I have telephone 4 times today in order to make an appointment. after hanging on the telephone for over 20 minutes on each occasion ( a call for which I will have to pay!) I was still unable to get an appointment. I rang @ 8.30am and no one anserwed the telephone it just keep ringing- seems no one had turned on your telephones!!I spoke to a receptionist at 11.12am this morning to be told there were no appointments and would need to ring back on Friday @ 8.30am . I telephone again @ 11.32 to try again to be told that I need to ring again today but after 1.30!!!! why was I not told this when I spoke to someone at 11am? Why are the staff so unhelpful bordering on rude? I need an appointment , would like to see the doctors I saw before who ordered all my test, I have been told I need to come into the surgery to speak to a doctors about the results but i am unable to make an appointment. Lets hope the results are not saving that I could die tomorrow as I would still be awaiting for an appointment.

10th September 2016

Your appointment system needs to be changed urgently.I have tried for a month to see my doctor with an on going problem.I have been told I cannot book in advance to see Dr.Beasley even though I was prepared to wait 4 weeks.Told to book on the day, as you can never get through on the day I drove down to be 2nd in the queue at 8.30 when they opened.I was then told by the receptionist all his appointments had gone, 4 were booked on line.What happened to the other appointments for the rest of the time, if you cannot book in advance? What about older people to do not use a computer.I was booked with Dr.Cannon arriving 5 minutes early for my appointment no body went in or came out of her room, but I was left waiting for 40 minutes. This made me late for work I also work in health and had people booked in who I Always see on time.My consultation was less than two minutes. How can it be right to treat people this way.I would also like to point out that at the age of 70 still working having contributed to the NHS for a lifetime this is not a free service.

2nd September 2016

The doctors are wonderful but the booking system - or the ability to get bookings - is very poor, which impacts in turn on the receptionists whose unfortunate job it is to deal with patients trying to get bookings. I am sure my experience this morning is not untypical - going online at 6.50 am to find only one appointment during the whole day for any doctor, which had gone by the time I checked if I could make it. Then I was on the phone for 30 mins from surgery opening at 8.30 am only to be told when I finally got through that there were no appointments left for the day. I realise what underlies this is the universal NHS problem of inexorable demand meeting more or less fixed supply. Yet there is something wrong when it's easier to get your dog an appointment at the vet than it is for you to see a doctor when you need to.

1st September 2016

I have been a patient of this surgery for 22 years and was surprised to read negative reviews about Reception staff and difficulty obtaining an appointment. I think the surgery operates an excellent system that enables one to telephone when the surgery opens in the morning and obtain a same day appointment. Granted it may not be with a particular Dr. of your choice but they are all more than competent and qualified and at least one gets an appointment that day, which, if the need is urgent, is surely the objective. Also I've always found the Reception staff to be courteous and understanding in what must be quite a stressful job.