Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

14th November 2016

As a younger person, I felt a little intimidated by the receptionist, who seemed annoyed that I was calling and when given the decision on wether I needed a same day appointment or one in around 3 days, didn't help me and even when I said I'm not sure, she said she wasn't medically trained- which I understand, but it doesn't mean she can't recommend.

7th November 2016

Dr Woolley was amazing at reassuring my 13 year old son. He talked to him at the perfect level. I have nothing but praise for the attention he received, he took time and reassured him about his recent illness. Thank you very much

28th October 2016

On Monday 26th September we took our 14 year old daughter (a keen dancer) to the surgery with a sprained ankle which had resulted in a swollen and bruised area on the top of her foot. Dr Baxter explained that the bruising was a consequence of twisting the ankle and diagnosed a minor sprain and advised a week without dancing. However he did not touch or examine her foot or assess pain levels etc. We think that this is the minimum that should be done when a patient comes to the surgery with a sprain to assess how badly ligaments are damaged or if there is a possibility of a fracture. On Saturday 1st October as the ankle was still painful we took our daughter to Nick Tuckley an osteopath in Forest Row who said he though the ankle might be fractured and he advised an X-ray. On Monday 3rd October we went back to the surgery and saw Dr Mannion. She was excellent and gave the ankle a thorough examination. Although she did not think it was fractured she sent us immediately to have an x ray at the Queen Victoria East Grinstead. On Friday 7th October we received a call from a duty doctor who was quite embarrassed to tell me that the ankle was in fact fractured and said that we should have been told much earlier in the week and that now it was urgent that come to the surgery and then immediately take my daughter to a fracture clinic. At the clinic we were told to go to Brighton Children's hospital. We did this but after a very long wait in the fracture clinic we were told that they did not have the x ray and could only put the ankle in a boot and that we would have to come back the following Tuesday. This we did and a stable fracture was diagnosed and the boot retained. We think that the hospital or surgery should have communicated the results of the x ray to us earlier and we think that, for a stable fracture we could have been sent to a more local hospital, the Queen Victoria or Princess Royal Haywards Heath. The initial incorrect diagnosis because of no physical examination of the foot compounded by the delay in receiving the result of the x ray meant that my daughter was walking on a broken ankle for two weeks. This may have added to her recovery time and was also unnecessarily painful.

27th September 2016

PLEASE-PLEASE-LOOK at the past reviews for Forest Row Surgery. Does anyone bother to read OR act on these reviews? There are many complaints about the ability to get an APPOINTMENT to see their doctor, but nothing seems to change.

27th September 2016

How do I get an appointment with my doctor? I have tried many times phoning the surgery starting just before 8.30am and again at 1.30pm only to be told each time there are no appointments available. This has been the case many many times, I am also told that appointments can not be pre-booked in advance, so how are patients getting to see their doctors and where are all the appointments’ going?. I have also tried phoning the surgery starting at 8.20am and kept re-dialling until the surgery opened and still no appointment available, one time I phoned the surgery at 1.15pm and kept re-dialling then to my surprise at 1.25pm it was answered (this was before the stated time of the surgery opening) I was told yet again that there are no appointments available.

Doctors working at Ashdown Forest Health Centre