Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

17th May 2019

Up until recently I have never had a problem getting an appointment at the surgery. Not that I’m a regular attender. I’ve become quite frustrated trying to get x-ray results for my husband. The x-rays were not reviewed a week post x-ray when I called for them. On a further call back we were offered a phone appointment which was appropriate. This is where my frustration begins. The doctor attempted to call back and hung up as my husband answered. No further callback was attempted I called back to the surgery and was kindly given a second appointment for that day. Unfortunately the line was engaged for a couple of minutes. This is when the doctor called back. Again no further callback was attempted. I understand that the doctors are busy. I too have worked as a clinician in a surgery so I understand how busy they are. My point is that one a attempt at a call back is not good enough. You are not given an exact time for your call back so perhaps up to three attempts should be made as in other surgeries. I can’t book an afternoon appointment in the morning so I will have to try again at 1:30 for an afternoon appointment.

29th April 2019

I spent 45 minutes trying to get through and holding on to make an appointment this morning, only to be cut off when I was next. I then spent another 20 minutes trying again, only to find all appointments taken. My husband tried all last week without success to make an appointment. I was told the system does cut off when overloaded. This is an impossible situation.

11th April 2019

As an experienced ex-nurse, I continue to be disappointed by this GP unit. First of all there is a long message on the answerphone with a very irritating voice. This is frustrating when you don’t have much time to make the call. There are only set times to call for appointments which is difficult when at work and you can’t get to the phone at these times. Added to which, because everyone else has to call at these times, it is unlikely you can get through quickly or at all which means you need a great deal of time to do this. The word “empathy” seems an anathema to staff working here including the doctors. So, when the shock and inconvenience of some medical condition arises, it is with great reluctance that I want to go near this clinic. My recent experience of trying to get test results has been appalling for 2 separate health issues. I am left with no result or communication about an echocardiogram that was performed at the princess royal hospital over 2 months ago. At the time I was not informed that the results would not be sent to the clinic who instructed me to call the hospital where I have left several messages with the cardiologist’s secretary who has not returned my call. Perhaps staff do not realise that when their patients need medical advice or attention, they should not have to put up with unhelpfulness or have to be aggressively assertive to get their needs met.

8th April 2019

At 08.30 I dialled repeatedly for 20 mins. before getting through to reception. By this time all doctors' appointments had gone. I was told to ring back at 13.30. I rang repeatedly for 20 mins from this time before getting through. So, again, no appointments available for the afternoon, except for two nurses who deal with phlebotomy, which I do not need. I went online to book and guess what? No appointments available there today or even for any future date either. This is just appauling.

26th March 2019

A very caring and dedicated team, however I find the system of booking appointments frustrating as you cannot book in advance. Some appointments are available at 6am online but usually only two per Doctor. If you miss those you have to wait on the telephone after 8.30am and by the time you get through all have gone.

{{category}} working at Ashdown Forest Health Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Ashdown Forest Health Centre: http://iwgc.net/ecckj