Mr Timothy Briggs

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th January 2016
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

I visited this surgeon at RNOH Stanmore after I had seen he was starting a Get it Right First Time Campaign. I was in great pain and went to see him to discuss my overall situation. I asked a few questions and he said 'Let me do my job'! I replied 'I've already let one surgeon do his job and look at the state I'm in'. He refused to discuss the hip with the major problem and just wanted to operate on the other hip. He actually said that I had had a reasonable result with the worst hip, in writing, and one year later it was revised/redone!! He assessed my leg length without telling me, but I knew what he was doing, and he got this wrong, as I previously had, had an independent professional assessment. I then got a telephone call from his secretary saying they could do the better hip, very soon, in a private hospital! I am pleased I walked away. In my opinion this surgeon is just doing a self promotion job.

11th March 2010

My sister is going to die because this doctor was too busy doing something else with his expertise and now he is going to become an MP. Why not do the job the NHS is paying you for!

7th July 2009

In my opinion this man is so arrogant that he once said at the beginning of appointment that if I had anything to say it to my face then in the next breath he said my teenage daughter’s tumour had started growing again. He argued with my daughter in front of medical staff on a ward round, he wrote an email to my ex-husband telling him that he and his team have to look over their shoulders when I am around? This was because I asked questions about my daughters treatment. What he has done for my daughter? Well he gave her an option he could remove the tumour or she could have palliative radiotherapy. She made the choice of an operation. (Mr Briggs had operated to remove this tumour before) Mr Briggs changed his mind he will not do the operation. My daughter is now terminally ill and he has dropped her like a hot potato. He also thinks that his staff tells no lies and patient and parent tell nothing but lies.

28th March 2009
Written by a member of staff

Earns £200,000/year from the NHS. A good doctor in a clinical setting, and a highly competant surgeon. But most of his nhs clinical work is done by other people.He does immeasurable harm to his hospital and colleagues with his self-serving behaviour.

3rd January 2009

My mum had a hip-replacement operation and Dr. Briggs is an excellent specialist. I highly recommend him.

Short link to review Mr Timothy Briggs: http://iwgc.net/eqom