Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

Brockley Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex, England, HA7 4LP

17th June 2018

The specialist care I received at this hospital was exemplary.

26th May 2018

We were disappointed by our outpatient visit to this hospital. I am a lawyer and have a lot of experience in dealing with confidential patient information. I do not feel the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital cares about my information and was frankly quite concerned by the various data breaches I experienced whilst my daughter was treated by the hip surgeon. I could see another patients X-rays on the screen and read their letters whilst the doctor was outside fighting with a nurse. During the consultation the doctor used his mobile phone to take photos of my daughters condition which is rare, but I have no idea what they will do with my images nor how to get them removed. I contacted the hospital but the administrators seemed disinterested and passed me onto the doctor who has never returned any of my calls. Overall I did not feel the hospital was safe.

1st December 2017

I have received excellent treatment here - thank you very much.

31st March 2017

I had joint fusion surgery on my big toe done at this hospital. Immediately after the op you are meant to be pain free but this was not the case and I was in too much pain afterwards. The staff on the ward complained that they should not have released me to the ward until the pain relief had been adequately administered. I kept asking for more pain relief and they said they would have to call a doctor to prescribe more pain killers. There was only one doctor so this would involve a wait. I was passing out with the pain and they thought they may have to call for the crash team. My bed was moved to be near the nurses station and I ended up having to stay in that night. I was still not out of the woods as that night I experienced the 'care' of 'a nurse from hell'. I wondered whether she was miffed because I was due to be discharged in the day and I presented her with extra work that night. I needed the toilet at 2am and she placed the toilet on wheels far from the bed and offered me no help to reach it. She presented with such a bad attitude and total lack of any kind of care or kindness.I managed to get back on my bed and lay down and she plonked the bedding in a pile on my bed and told me to sort it out myself. I felt really alone and scared and had no one else to help me. I filled in a feedback form the next day mentioning my experience with the nurse and hoping there may be some follow up but nothing happened. I continue to have difficulty with my foot and orthotics. There is no opportunity offered for the consultants or members of his team to work in situ with members of the orthotics team to facilitate the best outcome for patients. A consultant might make a suggestion for the orthotics department to act on but it is all very hit or miss as they work apart from each other. I have been offered further surgery on my toe as it is still limiting my mobility but after the experiences mentioned above I would be very reluctant to put myself in such a vulnerable position again knowing that the anaethetists and nursing care are not up to par and after surgery my toe is still not sorted out.

3rd August 2016

I have only been here as a patient of the shoulder service, but in my opinion if you are offered the chance to be treated here then you are very lucky indeed.

{{category}} working at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vc