mr-rupert-clifton

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

14th February 2020

I have been under Mr Clifton’s care for many years because of Osteoarthritis in both my knees. I also have the problem of lymphedema in both legs. Initially arthroscopies we’re carried out on both knees to trim jagged cartilage and this greatly helped to alleviate the pain. However after some time the pain came back. Because of my knees being large and swollen, due to the lymphedema, Mr Clifton said a knee replacement would be very difficult so he recommended Ostenil Plus injections in both knees. Over a few years these injections were repeated and my mobility was improved. However eventually, after some years, these injections did not help at all as the cartilage in both knees was almost worn away and I as in a lot of pain. I had no quality of life due to very limited mobility. Eventually Mr Clifton said there was no alternative other than knee replacements even though these would be difficult. Mr Clifton operated on one of my knees and the result was excellent. I was pain free from day one and after 6 weeks I was walking normally. Five moths later Mr Clifton agreed to me having a replacement on the other knee although he warned me it would be a difficult procedure. The operation went well although I was in some pain for the first day - which was expected. By the second day I was walking pain free and now 5 weeks later my mobility is excellent and for the first time I am walking pain free in both knees. Thanks to Mr Clifton I have been given my life back and for that I will be eternally grateful.

30th January 2020

7 weeks after my procedure I can say that I hadn't realised how much pain and discomfort I was in before. Mr. Clifton has not only given me back my mobility but the life I didn't realise I had lost. From day 1 I was virtually pain free from the joint. I can't thank him enough for what he has done for me and would definitely recommend him to anyone thinking of having this procedure done.

16th January 2020

I found Mr Clifton very professional, providing me with confidence in his knowledge and experience and in being empathetic to my condition. At my first consultation we discussed alternatives to the Knee replacement operation and injections were recommended albeit with caveats. These injections worked well in part but after several months it was clear that the operation would be required. After a further consultation Mr Clifton had no hesitation in arranging the procedure for the earliest opportunity. The whole experience was very positive from the initial consultations through follow-up and then the eventual operation and the comfort and professional treatment by Mr Clifton and his team, the anaesthetist Dr Geeva and the nursing staff at the Fitzwilliam. The operation was a success and the scaring very neat. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Clifton.

13th January 2020

The Fitzwilliam experience was superb from the first appointment to the 6 week post op appointment. I did have a total knee replacement in April 2019 and so good was that experience I returned in november for the other knee replacement! Mr Clifton ad his team were beyond professional, always prepared to listen and explain when necessary. A Huge Thankyou to you all.

21st December 2019

Mr Clifton explained everything to me in a thoroughly professional manner. I was back at work and driving again exactly 6 weeks after Mr Clifton performed a total knee replacement. I will not think twice about letting Mr Clifton perform the same operation on my other knee. Mr Clifton's after care advice was excellent, however credit for that must also go to the excellent staff at the Fitzwilliam Hospital.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Rupert Clifton was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery