Mr Rupert Clifton

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

16th January 2020

I found Mr Clifton very professional, providing me with confidence in his knowledge and experience and in being empathetic to my condition. At my first consultation we discussed alternatives to the Knee replacement operation and injections were recommended albeit with caveats. These injections worked well in part but after several months it was clear that the operation would be required. After a further consultation Mr Clifton had no hesitation in arranging the procedure for the earliest opportunity. The whole experience was very positive from the initial consultations through follow-up and then the eventual operation and the comfort and professional treatment by Mr Clifton and his team, the anaesthetist Dr Geeva and the nursing staff at the Fitzwilliam. The operation was a success and the scaring very neat. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Clifton.

13th January 2020

The Fitzwilliam experience was superb from the first appointment to the 6 week post op appointment. I did have a total knee replacement in April 2019 and so good was that experience I returned in november for the other knee replacement! Mr Clifton ad his team were beyond professional, always prepared to listen and explain when necessary. A Huge Thankyou to you all.

21st December 2019

Mr Clifton explained everything to me in a thoroughly professional manner. I was back at work and driving again exactly 6 weeks after Mr Clifton performed a total knee replacement. I will not think twice about letting Mr Clifton perform the same operation on my other knee. Mr Clifton's after care advice was excellent, however credit for that must also go to the excellent staff at the Fitzwilliam Hospital.

16th October 2019

I had scheduled a total knee replacement surgery with an orthopedic specialist in Florida. The specialist requested MRI scans, which I arranged through The Fitzwilliam Private Hospital. As part of this process I received a consultation with Mr Clifton. Upon reviewing the MRI scans Mr Clifton provided his opinion that he would not recommend a total knee replacement at this juncture and suggested bi-lateral arthroscopies to repair some badly torn menisci. Sadly I was scheduled to return to our Winter home in Florida in late November and Mr Clifton had no time available to carry out the surgeries in ample time to allow me to fly. However, some 24 hours later, I was contacted as a result of a cancellation and the surgeries were undertaken within a matter of days. The surgery was undertaken very professionally with an excellent supporting team as a day case and I was back home in a little over six hours. Early indications are very good and I am optimistic that the procedure will postpone the total knee replacement surgery for many years, allowing me to continue playing my beloved tennis. I am eternally grateful for Mr Clifton’s sage advice and could not recommend his services highly enough.

23rd September 2019

I saw Mr Clifton early on 14th September at short notice as I had a problem with my left knee. He saw me on time coming out to greet myself and my husband. He was very polite and after speaking to me about my knee he sent me for an xray. He diagnosed arthritis which I had had 10 years before. He gave me an injection of cortisone which worked immediately. his manner was pleasant and kind. I know that if I have more trouble of this kind I can go to see Mr. Clifton without worrying. I was in and out of the hospital within the hour and was able to go home without my knee in pain. I would recommend anyone seeing Mr. Clifton in the future.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »