Mr Rupert Clifton

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

16th October 2019

I had scheduled a total knee replacement surgery with an orthopedic specialist in Florida. The specialist requested MRI scans, which I arranged through The Fitzwilliam Private Hospital. As part of this process I received a consultation with Mr Clifton. Upon reviewing the MRI scans Mr Clifton provided his opinion that he would not recommend a total knee replacement at this juncture and suggested bi-lateral arthroscopies to repair some badly torn menisci. Sadly I was scheduled to return to our Winter home in Florida in late November and Mr Clifton had no time available to carry out the surgeries in ample time to allow me to fly. However, some 24 hours later, I was contacted as a result of a cancellation and the surgeries were undertaken within a matter of days. The surgery was undertaken very professionally with an excellent supporting team as a day case and I was back home in a little over six hours. Early indications are very good and I am optimistic that the procedure will postpone the total knee replacement surgery for many years, allowing me to continue playing my beloved tennis. I am eternally grateful for Mr Clifton’s sage advice and could not recommend his services highly enough.

23rd September 2019

I saw Mr Clifton early on 14th September at short notice as I had a problem with my left knee. He saw me on time coming out to greet myself and my husband. He was very polite and after speaking to me about my knee he sent me for an xray. He diagnosed arthritis which I had had 10 years before. He gave me an injection of cortisone which worked immediately. his manner was pleasant and kind. I know that if I have more trouble of this kind I can go to see Mr. Clifton without worrying. I was in and out of the hospital within the hour and was able to go home without my knee in pain. I would recommend anyone seeing Mr. Clifton in the future.

13th September 2019

I had a partial knee replacement in March, after 17 months of sheer pain and agony!! The next morning I soon realised Mr Clifton had quite literally changed my life!!! You begin to accept pain as the ‘norm’, but following the op, you realise it’s not!! I’m not sure that Mr Clifton truly realises the difference he is making to people lives?Probably being one of Mr Clifton’s youngest patients, I can’t thank him enough, and I am forever grateful!! Had to have another knee op.......in a heartbeat!!!

9th September 2019

Having had several appointments with Mr Clifton I have always got on well. He has a caring manner , knows exactly what he is talking about & willing to answer any questions put to him. I feel very lucky that he did my knee operation which went very well.

2nd September 2019

Dr. Clifton was very friendly during the whole process and fully explained what would happen throughout the procedure. His professional and caring demeanor put me at ease.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »