Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Mr Mohiemen Anwar is an ENT consultant at Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, working across both their sites at West Middlesex University Hospital and Chelsea sites. He has both Paediatric and Adult practices across both sites, but also he sees patients at Teddington Memorial Hospital once a week to provide a highly specialised service to local community and support the local GPs. Mr Anwar is a specialist in Ear Nose and Throat disorders, trained in London's most renowned hospitals like The Royal Marsden hospital, Great Ormond street hospital, The Royal London hospital, Charing Cross hospital and St Mary's Hospital. Additionally he has worked at The Royal National Throat Nose and Ear hospital and been trained by a panel of experienced ENT surgeons in the Art and Science of ENT disorders and management. He was awarded Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) following his success in passing his Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons exams in 2016, and been added to the Specialist Register in 2017. He has spent his final two years of training concentrating on developing his Endoscopic Sinus surgery skills and the management of diseases and disorders of the nose, including complex anterior skull base endoscopic and open surgery and complex nasal reshaping and reconstruction surgery. During his training at Great Ormond Street hospital for sick children, he developed an interest in Paediatric ENT surgery and it account for almost half of his day-to-day practice at West Middlesex University Hospital. Mr Anwar is a dedicated academic and his interest in research was culminated in a PhD degree in Molecular Oncology and Immunotherapy for his work at Barts Cancer Institute in developing a novel combined oncolytic virotherapy and immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumours including head and neck cancer. Queen Mary University of London awarded him a Doctorate of Philosophy degree in 2015. He has a special interest in teaching and training evidently as he has been running The Barts ENT training courses, - Barts FESS & Rhinoplasty course - Barts Head and Neck dissection course - Barts Temporal Bone Dissection course successfully for more than 11 years now. Many trainees and now consultants have been through his training courses, and his track record of excellent running of courses has recently been accepted to be presented at the upcoming British Academic Conference for Otolaryngologists 2018 (BACO 2018). Finally, Mr Anwar is a dedicated family man to his wife Lina and daughter Meela and the family are awaiting the arrival of the 4th member of the Anwar's family. He enjoys his family time, including traveling and supporting his wife's singing career. He is a keen tennis player and quite handy with a racquet, and his many trophies and prizes along his different stages of life speaks for himself. Mr Anwar is bilingual, fluent in spoken and written Arabic in all its different dialects.

• Otolaryngology

Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital
10th October 2019

Mr Anwar is very professional, thorough and efficient with a lovely bedside manner. He has treated my son for a hearing problem and now also looks after my daughter's hearing. All of our care at West Middlesex University Hospital has been exemplary, with no problem too small. Mr Anwar has taken great care to ensure that all has gone well and has kept us informed at every step: any operation, however small, is a time of concern for a parent. Thank you Mr Anwar.

Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
5th October 2019

After seeing many NHS and Private GPs and NHS Consultants for my 4 months old baby, he had recurrent ear infections, I didn’t feel any of them cared or was even professional as a health care provider .. until i met Mr Muhiemen Anwar in London. Very caring .. extremely professional .. felt so reassured and his advise was the best we got .. my son is so much better now .. many thanks to him.

Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital
2nd October 2019

Dr Anwar carried out an open septorhinoplasty on me just a week ago. I am absolutely happy with the result. He made my nose straight from inside to outside. The doctor was incredibly helpful and explained everything regarding the operation. I would highly recommend him.

2nd October 2019
Response from Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Thank you very much for the kind review and words

Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital
1st October 2019

I had a bad nose injury when I was 5 yrs old (25yrs ago) . My nose was badly damaged inside and outside. I am absolutely glad that I met with Mr Anwar. He made a great open septorhinoplasty a week ago and I can see the difference now. Finally I am able to breathe on my nose, what was totally blocked until now and to see my nose straight again it's priceless. I am happily recommending him rely on my experiences, if you need a trustful and kind person who knows what he does, that's him.

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
2nd July 2019

I had a septorhinoplasty with Dr Anwar in May 2019. From the initial appointment through to my post-op follow ups Mr Anwar ensured i was fully informed on the procedure, my options and post-op care. He has a very nice, calm manner about him and I felt very comfortable trusting what he said and did. Even with several follow up emails after my op due to my over-worrying(!), both Mr Anwar and his secretary were completely understanding, helpful and reassuring. Mr Anwar was completely professional and I would highly recommend him.

Nearest Otolaryngologists