mr-mohiemen-anwar

Written by a NHS patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
29th June 2021

Having sustained a broken nose twice in the past and recently losing my wife, I decided the time was right to see if the NHS would straighten my nose, primarily to improve breathing as I entered the last third of my life. Mr Anwar was very receptive to my request and advised me that he could perform the necessary septorhinoplasty procedure. His clarity, confidence and dynamism impressed me, and I agreed to go ahead. The procedure was performed by Mr Anwar as planned and the result exceeded my expectations. I now have a straight nose, my breathing is excellent and mentally I feel good about prospects for the next 30 or so years! I thoroughly recommend Mr Anwar.

29th June 2021
Response from Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Dear patient Thank you very much for the kind review and I am glad that I was able to make a difference. Wish you the very best of luck.

Written by a NHS patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
22nd June 2021

I have seen so many specialists in my life time ,some were bad some were good but I can without any hesitation can say that Mr Mohiemen Anwar was THE BEST Dr.I have been treated by.I felt from the first day I saw mr. Anwar that he takes pride in his work and wants to treat the patients what ever it takes .With my problem he went through step by step and in the end he did what ever needed doing and I can not thank him enough . Now I can lead a normal life .thanks Mr Anwar

24th June 2021
Response from Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Thank you for your kind words and humbling feedback. I am glad you are feeling better and that I was able to help.

• Otolaryngology

Mr Mohiemen Anwar is an ENT consultant at Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, working across both their sites at West Middlesex University Hospital and Chelsea sites. He has both Paediatric and Adult practices across both sites, but also he sees patients at Teddington Memorial Hospital once a week to provide a highly specialised service to local community and support the local GPs. Mr Anwar is a specialist in Ear Nose and Throat disorders, trained in London's most renowned hospitals like The Royal Marsden hospital, Great Ormond street hospital, The Royal London hospital, Charing Cross hospital and St Mary's Hospital. Additionally he has worked at The Royal National Throat Nose and Ear hospital and been trained by a panel of experienced ENT surgeons in the Art and Science of ENT disorders and management. He was awarded Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) following his success in passing his Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons exams in 2016, and been added to the Specialist Register in 2017. He has spent his final two years of training concentrating on developing his Endoscopic Sinus surgery skills and the management of diseases and disorders of the nose, including complex anterior skull base endoscopic and open surgery and complex nasal reshaping and reconstruction surgery. During his training at Great Ormond Street hospital for sick children, he developed an interest in Paediatric ENT surgery and it account for almost half of his day-to-day practice at West Middlesex University Hospital. Mr Anwar is a dedicated academic and his interest in research was culminated in a PhD degree in Molecular Oncology and Immunotherapy for his work at Barts Cancer Institute in developing a novel combined oncolytic virotherapy and immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumours including head and neck cancer. Queen Mary University of London awarded him a Doctorate of Philosophy degree in 2015. He has a special interest in teaching and training evidently as he has been running The Barts ENT training courses, - Barts FESS & Rhinoplasty course - Barts Head and Neck dissection course - Barts Temporal Bone Dissection course successfully for more than 11 years now. Many trainees and now consultants have been through his training courses, and his track record of excellent running of courses has recently been accepted to be presented at the upcoming British Academic Conference for Otolaryngologists 2018 (BACO 2018). Finally, Mr Anwar is a dedicated family man to his wife Lina and daughter Meela and the family are awaiting the arrival of the 4th member of the Anwar's family. He enjoys his family time, including traveling and supporting his wife's singing career. He is a keen tennis player and quite handy with a racquet, and his many trophies and prizes along his different stages of life speaks for himself. Mr Anwar is bilingual, fluent in spoken and written Arabic in all its different dialects.

Nearest Otolaryngologists