Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

• Cardiothoracic surgery

10th July 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr Bittar performed key hole surgery on my lung, I was petrified but there was no need as I was in very good hands, there was very little pain, I was home after 2 days and the scars are very neat.

3rd July 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

On the 28th March 2019 I came into Blackpool Victoria hospital for major surgery I was under Prof. M N Bittar and his medical team . I could not have been better lucked after and cared for.My operation was a success and the after care treatment is going well. I am greatful to Prof.Bittar and his team and could not have wished for better result.THANKYOU TO PROF.BITTAR AND HIS STAFF.

23rd June 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

I was given ths best of care from mr Bittar and the staff at blackpool hospital. And would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Bittar.

19th June 2019
Written by a carer at Victoria Hospital

This is the first time my husband has been in hospital he has now been discharged and was very happy with Mr Bittar and his team, we thank him most sincerely for giving Philip a new lease of life. Philip Donnelly

22nd June 2019
Response from Mr MN Bittar

Dear Mr Donnelly many thanks for the feedback, i am very lucky to work with such a fantastic team. i am delighted that everything went well i wish you all the best for the future MN Bittar

19th June 2019
Written by a carer at Victoria Hospital

My husband and I were impressed with Professor Bittar's professionalism from the first consultation to being discharged.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons