« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

Six weeks ago l had major lumbar surgery for second time(2005). Mr mano preformed a double decompression /discectomy . The pain has completely gone from my legs and I am able to resume normal life after 2 years of considerable pain. I found Mr Mano an excellent doctor and would highly recommend him.

3rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

Mr Mano Shanmuganathan is a gentleman in the true sense of the word. I had back pain which was impacting on both my legs but especially on my left leg. I was at the point where the pain was constant - I was walking with a limp and couldn’t sleep properly. I was attending my GP - who was terrific - for about a year but things just continued to worsen. Then I had an appointment with Mr Shanmuganathan who had my MRI results in front of him. I had a benign tumour in my spine. He explained everything so plainly and with a lot of hope for a good outcome after surgery. I was operated on at the RVH in December 2016. And my first sign that things were good after getting back to the ward was my big swollen ankle was back to normal! I had the best care from all at the RVH and I know I had the best neuro surgeon anyone could have. He is so compassionate and explains things in an understandable way. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Regards Patricia

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

What an amazing neurosurgeon! I was suffering with a nerve root compression as a result of having two prolapsed discs in my lower spine. I was living in constant pain with no quality of life. I was referred to Mano who performed a ‘discectomy’ at RVH. I was told that it could take several months to regain feeling in my left foot and for my sciatic pain to settle (hoping for 70-80% pain reduction) however when I woke from surgery I immediately had sensation in my foot and ALL sciatic pain had completely gone! Mano is friendly, caring and sympathetic, I felt at ease and confident in his care. Staff spoke with such high regard for him understandably. His knowledge, professionalism and ability puts him ahead in his field. My outcome has been amazing and I am now pain free, able to walk, sleep and get back to normal everyday life. I will be eternally grateful to Mano for his exceptional care from both himself and the exceptional staff and would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone. Thank you David Press

13th April 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

An outstanding doctor who in short, literally gave me my life back! I will be forever grateful for the quick acting work carried out by Mano and his team during the time I spent in RVH. He had my family reassured the whole time and was a great support for them. Me and my family think very highly of Mano and could not recommend a better doctor, who is a very understanding and down to earth man.

12th April 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Hospital

When I first had my consultation with Mr Shanmuganathan he was friendly and reassuring and had a expert knowledge of my condition Chiari Malformation and a thethered cord ,I instantly knew I was in good hands.I had surgery in February 2018 . I can't praise and thank him enough along with his wonderful team . I would have no hesitation of recommending such a wonderful surgeon . I feel that you need confidence in your doctor to feel secure that you have the best person on your side .

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »