Mr Calan Mathieson

• Neurosurgery

7th January 2018

If Carling made neurosurgeons...... :) After 7 operations and double the number of stays on his ward, I think I can speak with authority on Mr Calan Mathieson. He is, quite simply, a lovely person and it shines through in his work with patients. Very professional, knowledgeable, calm and patient - as others have said he makes time to speak to his patients especially if they are concerned or have questions. Calan has gone above and beyond at times, organising care for me when he isn't even working. Would highly recommend!

21st February 2016

This surgeon is the best from the minute I met him he enthused a confidence which gave me a positively forward looking attitude He gave regular updates and always kept my family informed. I had spinal reconstruction surgery in December 2015

2nd January 2016

Mr. Mathieson does not hesitate to provide an outstanding level of care. I was seen immediately by him on the ward and operated on 3 days later. He has a very nice bedside manner taking time to chat to his patients. I assume his colleagues and patients would hold him in very high regard and it is nothing less than he deserves. A fantastic asset to the Southern General and the medical profession.

18th June 2015

Great doctor :)) such a nice man listens to you and very caring.

Nearest Neurosurgeons