The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G51 4TF

15th December 2018

My brother was admitted to ward 9a. The staff were so nice and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were always very cheerful. He recieved first class treatment from all the medical team involved in his care and was always treated with dignity and respect. Our NHS is always getting bad press, but this hospital and the staff I came in contact with are a credit to the system. Well done guys. I will always be so grateful to you. Kindest regards Thomas McLachlans sister

29th November 2018

My grievance is not with any of the staff or nurses Last night I was concerned for the safely of all in A&E .... A full scale fight erupted between two patients waiting to be seen it was pretty scary . Two men not known to each other ,both under the influence of whatever ...both covered in blood from previous fight which probably brought them to A&E in the 1st place.going head to head within a very busy department full of sick,elderly & kids ... people scampering out the way all huddled in the 1 corner .. yes staff dealt with it but it took them to the 2 nd time it kicked of before security appeared ... in a department such as this there should be highly trained security or a couple of PCs present all the time to ensure the safety of not only the public but the staff as things could have turned really nasty really quickly

14th November 2018

My issue is not with the clinical side of the hospital, although a months wait for the results of a CT scan, which may determine if my wife has had a stroke, is suffering from early onset dementia or none of the above just adds to the overall distress of the situation. That aside, I have been a driver for almost 40 years and driven professionally for over 10 of those and have racked up over a half a million mile in my driving life. The multi-story carpark has to be the worst signposted in my history. If you are in the opposite section to that where the down ramp is, you are given a sign saying exit, you follow that into the section where the down ramp is, and the ramp is immediately on the right, the blind side of that junction between the two sections, no sign post saying exit sharp right. When I was there, I got caught out by the poor signage, just as the driver in front of me did, in fact the signing was so poor they stopped in the road just to try and get some sort of bearing as to where to go next, dreadful is an under statement. When they and we did finally get a handle on the 'exit' signs, as I said above, you pass across the junction between the two parking areas, following the sign to exit, but there is no sign to say, "oh, by the way, the ramp you are looking for is just at the other side of this wall on the right, that you can't see past. You WILL miss it and you WILL either need to go round again, or perform some sort of dangerous maneuver to get back to it" I appreciate that a sign like that in a hospital might not be a great advert, so maybe a high level sign with a right arrow to tell people where the down ramp is. The alternative might be to expand A&E to deal with the additional casualties that are an inevitability.

18th September 2018

I attended gynaecology clinic. Was instructed by a nurse to wait in the wrong place. After an hour and a half wait I questioned if I would be seen at all. Got told I was in wrong area. Waited a further hour in a room with alot of other ladies who were just as fed up as I was. All had been there at least two hours. Finally was seen. Despite having pain was not examined and was clear this consultant just wanted rid of me. Was advised to have a repeat blood test three months later. Result was same as before. Level was raised but was discharged from this mans so called care by his secretary over the phone. Thanks to my wonderful G.P. and Colposcopist at my local hospital they got to the bottom of my problem which turned out to be stage 3 cancer. Queen Elizabeth University Hospital have useless, rude and laughable staff. Go there at your peril.

27th August 2018

My husband because acutely ill in June. I cannot fault the clinical treatment but an A/E female Consultant needs to learn manners!!! I suggest she was on a power trip As his wife I should be told what is wrong but no we all have to be together and I have to wait.She knew but wouldn't tell me.leaving me alone to imagine the worst Then she spoke to us as if we were imbiciles..,It got worse upstairs a Dr refused to speak to me in a private area. I learned the diagnosis from the discharge letter!?? Everyone in the ward knew except me his wife.Call themselves a Doctor forgot the vow very quickly.

{{category}} working at The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow: http://iwgc.net/eb4xz