The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G51 4TF

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

21st June 2019

I was admitted for a planned, but complicated hip replacement in April. From the pre- op assessment to discharge, I cannot praise the care I received highly enough. The individual en- suite rooms are super, and so much better than even a small ward of beds. All the staff involved treated me with dignity and respect. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone (admittedly, I was in over Easter, and the place was very quiet !). If I ever have to be admitted to hospital again, I hope it will be at the QEUH. Mr Michael Kelly, my surgeon, was thorough in explaining everything beforehand, and came to see me regularly after the operation, before I was discharged.

2nd June 2019

I had to attend the QEUH in Glasgow for a Gastroscopy on a Sunday. The nurse who took my details was efficient and friendly. I was took quickly so there was no waiting around. There was a choice of Throat spray or Sedation and I had chosen sedation as I didn’t want to feel anything. I have had two previous Gastroscopy scopes done at the RAH in Paisley and they were fine. They nurse gave me Throat Spray and then the Dr injected the sedation. Practically straight away he inserted the scope. I could feel the tube being rammed down my throat and into my stomach. It was painful. I should not have felt this pain. Afterwards the nursing staff were nice and I noticed on the form that the Dr had given me even less sedation than I had got at my very first scope. This was obviously not enough sedation.

30th May 2019

My husband was in ward 65 for nearly 3 weeks.The care and dignity he experienced was 100%. Each member of staff deserves the highest praise. Nothing was too much trouble, and all my questions were answered.It was a distressing time for our family but with the support from the staff we got through it. My husband is making excellent progress, the operation was a success so a very big thank you to the team of ward 65. PS a message to Jean ,Phil misses your tea. From Philip and Katherine

16th May 2019

This hospital is very modern and nice it is also clean too . I found the nurses very helpful parking is a nightmare and after surgery a bit far to get to car but not a lot of option as most spaces private parking . . It’s is a huge building and easy to get lost in and not very good signs or directions very confusing lift is the same . Food fine usual for a hospital private rooms great although felt isolated .

17th April 2019

I was at the A&E last week and was treated with zero respect by every member of the staff I encountered. Had very severe pain in my back, sides and lower abdomen (which I now know is due to a severe kidney infection, thanks to a different doctor). The nurse did not even let me finish explaining, told me off for seeking emergency care when this has been going on for several hours and so is clearly not an emergency (?). She was very dismissive of anything I told her, took my vitals and sent me back out. I was so shaken up by this I had a panic attack and did not stop crying for the next two hours (partially because of the pain, which was made worse by crying). The doctor was essentially the same, very set on my condition being caused by a chest issue, sent me for an x-ray and gave me ibuprofen when I came back (I am allergic to ibuprofen. I told this both to the nurse and to the doctor). Neither one of them let me fully describe my symptoms or showed any sympathy to a patient who was clearly in distress. I was honestly shaken up for days, not to mention in severe pain. Turns out all they had to do was listen to me and look at a urine sample because several days later that's how a doctor came to diagnose me with a kidney infection.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

{{category}} working at The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow: http://iwgc.net/eb4xz