« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

25th July 2020

I first met Giles Davies in February 2016, when he gently but clearly informed me I had breast cancer. It was a total shocker, there being no cancer in the family. Through the first frightening days, as my results were coming in and enabling a refined diagnosis, Giles (metaphorically) held my hand throughout, calming me with very clear and gently presented information, and helping me to hold onto a level of control. His knowledge and decisiveness gave me trust and confidence in his diagnosis and treatment, and he went on to perform a super lumpectomy, leaving only the smallest indentation that indicates I've had surgery - it's a lovely job! Giles has continued to guide my annual examinations throughout these last 4+ years with clarity, kindness, immense patience, translating complex medical detail into layman's language and always with good humour. I find I laugh a lot in Giles' consulting room - and that too is such good medicine! I saw Giles again this week for my annual breast check. I'm sure like anyone, I approach these checks with trepidation and an increased heart rate. Giles is there, always calm and smiling, he undertakes a thorough examination and leads me through the mammogram results. I leave with a complete understanding of my situation. I really couldn't recommend a better breast surgeon.

#sayThankYou

Thank you very much for friendly and professional approach. I came to an appointment with a worry in my heart and left with relief and happy.

16th June 2020
12th June 2020

If I were to design the perfect oncology consultant, he would be a mirror image of Giles Davies. He inspires confidence, makes you feel comfortable, is down-to-earth and clearly cares. For the first time I actually understand the expression used by many doctors: 'patient driven'. I was fortunate this time to be given a negative diagnosis but I take nothing for granted and would not hesitate to return to this Consultant confident that whatever the outcome I would be in safe hands. His and his secretary's communications skills left nothing to be desired (the man even answers his own emails!)

12th June 2020

If I were to 'design' the perfect cancer consultant for me, he would be a mirror image of Giles Davies. For the first time I understand the reality of the phrase 'patient driven' treatment. He is kind, upbeat, straightforward and understanding. Response to a referral is immediate, his secretary is understanding, and Mr.Davies even answers his own emails! I was fortunate indeed to have a negative diagnosis, but should I in the future need to be checked out again this is where you'll find me.

#sayThankYou

Since my initial diagnoses in 2017 and throughout my subsequent treatment and follow-up scans I have felt very fortunate to be under the care of Mr Giles Davies. Scans and checkups will always be an anxiety-inducing experience - but Giles and his team at Bupa Cromwell go out of their way to make the whole process as smooth as possible, providing reassurance when needed and sharing test results and next steps as fast as humanly possible. I couldn’t recommend Giles and his team highly enough.

11th June 2020

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

I am an Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based as Kingston Hospital NHS trust full time. I have trained in plastic surgery and general surgery and look after women requiring surgery to their breast as part of a mutlidisciplinary cancer team.

Short link to review Mr Giles Davies: http://iwgc.net/ecnli