Mr Giles Davies

I am an Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based as Kingston Hospital NHS trust full time. I have trained in plastic surgery and general surgery and look after women requiring surgery to their breast as part of a mutlidisciplinary cancer team.

10th July 2018
Written by a patient at Bupa Cromwell Hospital

After having my first mammogram recently, I was asked to be sent for further tests and as such was referred to Mr Davies. I was understandably a little anxious, but Mr Davies made me feel completely at ease, and he was one of the nicest medical professionals I have dealt with. He gave me an overview of the mammogram results and his thoughts and also explained what the next tests would involve. These were conducted swiftly and professionally and I would have no hesitation, based on my experience, in recommending Mr Davies.

1st July 2018
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

In as much as a visit to a hospital can be, Giles Davies and the experience at the New Victoria hospital was incredible. Mr Davies was open, honest and clear all done with a sense of humour. From the initial consultation through to two diagnostic tests and a second consultation was just 2 hours. All the team working there were professional, friendly and took the time to explain everything they were doing really clearly.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I elected to see Mr Giles Davies as a private patient at the New Victoria Hospital. I could not have made a better choice. Mr Davies is professional, knowledgeable and approachable. He took time to listen and address all my concerns and clearly explained the surgery options and potential follow-up treatments. As the surgeon, I was worried he would only consider the surgery, but he assured me all his patients have their treatment plans discussed by a multi-disciplinary team. Based on his advice, I chose to have a mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction using my own body tissue ('tummy tuck'). This is a complex procedure requiring a plastic and breast cancer surgeon. Mr Davies recommended an excellent plastic surgeon and arranged the referral. The two surgeons successfully conducted the operation at the Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea). Even at the point of going under the general anaesthetic, Mr Davies was there to put me at my ease. After the operation, Mr Davies referred me to an oncologist for follow-up treatment which will be starting very soon. Of course, Mr Davies was not the only person who treated me, but he played a significant part by helping me make my decisions and seeing the whole process through from start to finish. Overall, I had a good and positive experience from an unwanted illness I had not expected. I have come through it and am pleased with the results of my surgery and looking forward to getting my life back.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes

I was first referred to Mr. Davies in June 2017 by my GP, after finding a small lump in my left breast. My treatment under Mr. Davies has been excellent, and I cannot recommend him highly enough. When you face a cancer diagnosis, everything can feel out of control; it means the world to have an expert like Mr. Davies behind you, focusing on making sure you have the best treatment plan possible. As well as being an excellent surgeon, he is very personable, always calm and down-to-earth and taking the time to listen to any concerns you have and providing reassurance when he can. He genuinely seems to love his job, and that comes across every time you meet him.

22nd June 2018
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

I found Mr Davies a very relaxing and warm man, given that we were talking about breast reduction surgery, which could have been tricky. He is clearly very knowledgeable but spoke slowly and clearly, always waiting to see that I had taken in the next piece of information. I felt confident that I would be in good hands with his surgery and have booked to have my operation.

Short link to review Mr Giles Davies: http://iwgc.net/ecnli