dr-shiroma-de-silva-minor

Dr Shiroma De Silva-Minor

27th March 2022

Dr Shiroma De Silver-Minor is an outstanding Oncologist. When I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer 7 years ago Shiroma was so kind,compassionate and very caring. She has such a calming affect on you and knows what treatment would be the best for you with her great knowledge and expertise in her field. 7 years on I now have Metastatic cancer that can't be cured but with the right help and medication will hopefully give me 3-5 years to live and that's when I got back in contact with Miss De Silver-Minor who has been yet again my savoir and I trust her 100% with the treatment she has recommended for me. Without Miss De Silver I would have been totally lost and felt defeated. She is one very special lady that I will never forget and can't thank her enough for being there for people like me.

15th February 2022

Dr De Silva has been so supportive and helpful throughout my breast cancer journey. Always there to provide any advice needed for any questions I may have. Nothing has been too much trouble. Always gives you the time you need.

Written by a private patient at GenesisCare Oxford
13th February 2022

Dr De Silva has the great gift of empathy in addition to her excellent clinical skills. I really enjoy my consultations with her as she is so friendly and inspires confidence. I was lucky to have my tumour found early at a routine mammogram and after surgery was referred to her for on going treatment. All is well so far and it is reassuring to be seen by such a competent consultant and to feel able to contact her should I have any worries about cancer at any time.

3rd December 2021

I really appreciate everything Dr DeSilva has done for me. I don't know how they could give any greater care, I have had excellent care. Everybody is so kind, Dr DeSilva is very kind and caring.

Written by a private patient at The Ridgeway Hospital
26th November 2021

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago. At the time of diagnosis, I had been referred to a different doctor but I was not a clear-cut case in that it was not obvious if I would benefit from Chemotherapy or not. When I asked the doctor what I should do, I was told that it was entirely up to me - not really what you need to hear when trying to deal with the shock of having cancer. After speaking with Bupa they recommended that I get a second opinion and so I was referred to Dr. De Silva-Minor. She was fantastic, and ended up guiding me to the decision to have chemotherapy which I know 100% was the right treatment for me. I can honestly say that Dr. De Silva-Minor has looked after me very well over the years. She has listened to all my issues (whether big or small) and acted upon everything. I am very grateful to her for getting me to this stage - where I am now looking forward to finishing my medication at the end of next year (the 10 year mark!). Thank you!!

Dr Shiroma De Silva-Minor was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Breast Oncologist specialising in Triple negative breast cancer, HER 2 positive disease, male breast cancers, breast cancer in pregnancy, Triple positive breast cancers, BRCA mutations, breast cancer in the elderly and lifestyle factors in optimising health and well being.

Nearest Oncologists