dr-shiroma-de-silva-minor

Dr Shiroma De Silva-Minor

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a NHS patient at The Churchill
27th July 2021

Dr.De Silva-Minor was very easy to talk to ,compassionate and caring. She seemed thorough in her approach to my care and I felt confident that I was being investigated appropriately.

Written by a private patient at The Churchill
14th June 2021

I have been under the care of Dr de Silva Minor, for almost 7 years now. She has been consistently calm and kind. She pays great attention to detail and I have found that very reassuring throughout.

23rd May 2021

I was diagnosed in March 2018, and my surgeon recommended Dr Shiroma de Silva-Minor (DSM) as my Oncologist. I have received excellent care, with options, recommendations, and the possible side effects at all stages of treatment discussed and clearly explained. Shiroma, listened and answered any questions I had in a clear and concise way. She also takes an active interest in my wider well being, including mental health at all stages of treatment and at ongoing reviews. I would certainly recommend Shiroma to other patients starting the cancer journey.

25th March 2021

I feel I am very lucky to be under the care of Dr De Silva-Minor. She is very thoughtful and kind and always listens to any concerns I may have with compassion, support and understanding. It is now almost 18 years since I was first diagnosed with breast cancer and if I had to go through any treatment again I would certainly hope that Dr De Silva-Minor would be my Oncologist.

17th February 2021

Dr De Siva-Minor was recommended to me by my surgeon and I am have to say it was a perfect one. She was fabulous at explaining my treatment and listening to my concerns even though the majority of my appointments have been by telephone rather than face to face due to the pandemic. I had an issue with the proposed radiotherapy treatment with the MDT not agreeing about the areas to be treated - Dr De Silva fought my corner to the last and I finally received the treatment she and I had decided was optimum for me. The only thing against the service was the quality of the administrative support received which was not very responsive to messages (no receipt acknowledged usually) and even then, many responses showed that the messages were not being read properly and I ended up having to repeat myself several times. However, this does not detract from the fantastic patient care delivered by Shiroma. I am now entering the follow up stages, after receiving both chemotherapy and radiotherapy under her care and feel confident that she will continue to offer the same superb services not only to me, but to all of her patients.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Dr Shiroma De Silva-Minor was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Breast Oncologist specialising in Triple negative breast cancer, HER 2 positive disease, male breast cancers, breast cancer in pregnancy, Triple positive breast cancers, BRCA mutations, breast cancer in the elderly and lifestyle factors in optimising health and well being.

Nearest Oncologists