dr-shiroma-de-silva-minor

Dr Shiroma De Silva-Minor

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

25th March 2021

I feel I am very lucky to be under the care of Dr De Silva-Minor. She is very thoughtful and kind and always listens to any concerns I may have with compassion, support and understanding. It is now almost 18 years since I was first diagnosed with breast cancer and if I had to go through any treatment again I would certainly hope that Dr De Silva-Minor would be my Oncologist.

17th February 2021

Dr De Siva-Minor was recommended to me by my surgeon and I am have to say it was a perfect one. She was fabulous at explaining my treatment and listening to my concerns even though the majority of my appointments have been by telephone rather than face to face due to the pandemic. I had an issue with the proposed radiotherapy treatment with the MDT not agreeing about the areas to be treated - Dr De Silva fought my corner to the last and I finally received the treatment she and I had decided was optimum for me. The only thing against the service was the quality of the administrative support received which was not very responsive to messages (no receipt acknowledged usually) and even then, many responses showed that the messages were not being read properly and I ended up having to repeat myself several times. However, this does not detract from the fantastic patient care delivered by Shiroma. I am now entering the follow up stages, after receiving both chemotherapy and radiotherapy under her care and feel confident that she will continue to offer the same superb services not only to me, but to all of her patients.

15th February 2021

I was extremely lucky to have been assigned Dr De Silva as my Oncologist when diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer in September 2019. From the moment I met her I completely trusted her, although I was completely devastated by my diagnosis at the age of 44 I was determined I was going to fight this and to do that I needed all the relevant information regarding the aggressive type of cancer I had. Dr De Silva Minor was extremely honest and explained to me in plain English what my treatment plan was going to be and the side effects I may experience. I was extremely lucky to have private healthcare and as such was offered all the treatment options available for my cancer type. Throughout my treatment Dr De Silva Minor checked on my progress constantly and whenever I had concerns she was quick to put my mind at rest. She always acted on the side of caution arranging additional scans and tests when needed and also additional chemo treatment when I didn’t have a full pathological response from the first chemo treatment plan. Dr De Silva Minor treated me with the greatest of care and also checked on the wellbeing of my family throughout my treatment. When my 12 year old son came to one of my appointments she took time to get to know him and answer all of his questions. This had a hugely positive impact on him. I feel extremely lucky to have had such a professional, experience and down to earth doctor looking after me through what has been the most challenging period of my life. Having gained the confirmation that there was no further evidence of disease in Jan 2021 I cannot thank Dr De Silva Minor enough, she truly saved my life.

15th February 2021

Dr Shiroma De Silva Minor is an amazing oncologist who has been there for me every step of the way through my journey, throughout chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Shiroma arranged for me to have home health care at the start of the pandemic as she was concerned for my safety with my immune system being supressed and Covid. This care was the best thing for me to be safe. When ever I have needed Shiromas help with situations of chemotherapy not going right or issues of radiotherapy and infections she's has given me her time. I would highly recommend Shiroma as an oncologist as she so friendly and will always make you feel comfortable to be able to talk her about anything.

14th February 2021

Dr De Silva Minor is extremely caring and had my best interests at heart throughout my treatment. Very attentive and discussed my treatment at length when first diagnosed. Dr De Silva Minor. My only negative comments is that dr De Silva Minor was always running late whether it be for an appointment or a phone call or a visit when I was hospitalised. She was always very apologetic and I understood that she had an immense workload and ensured a duty of care to all her patients. My only regret was having a portacath inserted instead of a central line. With extremely fragile veins due to chemotherapy/ TBI for leukaemia in 1988, blood had to be taken from veins rather than the portacath. Also only the nurses on the chemo ward knew how to use it so when admitted for secondary infection I had to be cannulated. A central line would have eliminated these issues. I had a picc line inserted originally however it was too uncomfortable to continue using it. Other than this I cannot fault the support and kindness Dr De Silva Minor gave. If I had to go through the treatment again I would certainly want dr De Silva Minor as my oncologist.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Dr Shiroma De Silva-Minor was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Breast Oncologist specialising in Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Biological & immunotherapies.

Nearest Oncologists