Miss Rekha Wuntakal

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dealt with me very promptly and efficiently. Explained the situation and the procedure fully. After operation she followed up with biopsy results as promised, and was caring about the aftercare required. She and her staff were very professional and I would recommend her department.

15th January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr. Wuntakal made me feel very at ease. She was sympathetic to mine and my husbands anxieties during my consultation meetings. She explained everything well and gave us the opportunity to ask questions. Her manner was professional and personable throughout.

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was referred to Queens hospital by gp after having blood spotting for 2/3months and was seen promptly by Dr.Wuntakal. I had an ultrasound immediately before seeing her for a hysteroscopy which although uncomfortable she explained exactly what she was doing at all times ,taking a few samples but informing me I needed to come back for an mri and another hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic which was again promptly dealt with. I saw Dr.Wuntakal in outpatients where she explained along with her registrar and mac millan nurse that I had womb cancer but at a very early stage and was most importantly treatable. Although I suspected that was the case it was still a shock but she answered all my questions professionally and more importantly truthfully and with a lot of care. She told me that I needed a full hysterectomy and that it would be done fairly quickly. I had my hysterectomy Tuesday this week by keyhole and was home by Thursday lunchtime. During my stay the whole time I was treated with respect by the whole caring team being informed of what was happening all the way along. I still have to wait for lab results but feel positive that I have received the best care available for which I will be eternally grateful for. So if you are referred to see Dr Wuntakal you should be assured that you will receive excellent treatment.

14th January 2017
Response from Miss Rekha Wuntakal

Thank you for your feedback. Team work is crucial and we work as a team and this enables us to deliver this care. Your feedback gives us more encouragement and we as a team in our department will use these comments for patient centered care and will try our best to continuously improve out patient journey.

10th January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was treated by Ms Rekha Wuntakal and her team with care and dignity. My appointment was on time which alleviated any anxiety and as soon as I arrived I was treated with kindness and consideration by everyone. I was given full information and assurance.

8th January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I am extremely grateful to Miss Wuntakal for the treatment I have received since my diagnosis and operative procedure in January 2016. She has always involved my family and I in any procedures that I have received and has been very caring and attentive to my needs; going above and beyond the level of patient care expected. Following my discharge after surgery, she regularly phoned me at home to check on my progress and answered any questions that I had, regarding my recovery. She also provided me with her personal number, so that I could contact her should I have any concerns. During follow up appointments, she has always been mindful of my personality, thorough with examinations and has acted on her findings, promptly.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists