Miss Rekha Wuntakal

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was shocked to be called in for a face to face consultation following a case conference as I had been expecting a simple phone call, so I was worried and nervous. But despite being right at the end of her day Miss Wuntakal took time to explain everything to my husband and I and reassured us about the next steps of my care. And she explained that she had wanted to see me because she is going away for a while and I am being transferred to another hospital for my care. She explains things in a straightforward way, is reassuring and you can feel an empathy. It may be that she felt I wasn't taking it all in, but I did feel at one point that she was talking to my husband rather than me - but that doesn't take away from the good feeling I have being under her care

14th August 2017
Response from Miss Rekha Wuntakal

Thank you for your feedback. This is very helpful feedback to me. There is lot of information to give to my patients and at the same time one needs to be empathetic. Sometimes it is difficult to take all information in. I will continue to give time to my patients and see them again in clinic if necessary.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was going through very difficult time not knowing what my condition was and not knowing who to turn to. I saw Dr Wuntakal felt like I have been listen to fist time, she is very empathetic and caring really helped me listen to me and signposted me to right direction. Thanks to her two years of waiting and not knowing where to go to is ended.

10th August 2017
Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital

Miss Wuntakal was very friendly and pleasant. She was most concerned & rushed through various tests to avoid delay. NHS at its best.

10th August 2017

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

There are no words that can say how highly I would rate this doctor, a true Angel of her profession. Easy to speak to and very efficient.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr Wuntakal was very understanding, caring and explained everything that was going on , making an uncomfortable procedure much easier and bearable. Her two lovely nurses/HCA were also very professional and caring. A good team .

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists