Miss Rekha Wuntakal

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

16th February 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I had a Hysterectomy performed by Miss Wuntakal. The appointments leading up to the operation were very comfortable and informative. Miss Wuntakal explained the options available to me. Once I had made my mind up she made me feel very confident about having the operation. She explained all the positives that would happen after I had recovered. Miss Wuntakal came round and spoke with me before the operation and put me at ease. She explained what she would be doing and how long I would be in the Operating Theatre. Later that evening Miss Wuntakal came round and saw me on the ward. She told me the operation went well and what procedure she had performed. She also told me what I should expect after the operation. She really made me feel relaxed even though I was in great discomfort. I had a follow up appointment with her and she once again put my mind at rest. She answered all my questions and concerns no matter how big or small. She really is a lovely lady who is very good at her job. She makes you feel valued rather than just another patient. She takes her time with you and really goes that extra mile. Thank You Miss Wuntakal for all your help and assistance.

16th February 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Miss Rekha Wuntakal, is one of that people who are sent to this world by a divine force...or how would you think about a person who saved your life? She’s an amazing doctor who literally has done everything to save me. I’m writing this email 4 weeks after my surgery and I’m still wondering what can I do or say to thank to this amazing doctor? I am grateful and happy for being so lucky to meet such a wonderful person. For a while already, she’s in my prayers. Thank you for all your help! M.I.

Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital

Miss Wuntakal is extremely patient and caring. She takes the time to explain all procedures very well and has a great welcoming smile which we all love. She has a good work ethic and is always at the front line to make the team and patients feel at ease.

Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital

Miss Wuntakal is a brilliant clinician and equally amazing work colleague. She supports her colleagues and is always there to guide me. She is good team player and listener. She is well liked by her patients who often speak highly about her thorough care.

Response from Miss Rekha Wuntakal

14th February 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was greeted by a big smile which put me at rest straight away. Dr wuntakal came across as a confident doctor assuring me that she is quite positive that looking at the scan and hysteroscopic pictures she is confident that everything is ok. However due to 2 polyps in my uterus she will get biopsy done. Dr straight away manage to get appointment me for me which was very assuring. The most important factor for me was her assurance that so far she can see everything is ok. The nurses working with her were very polite and caring. I was informed at every step during the procedure what was happening and my thanks to the consultant and nurses. I am so proud of our NHS and all the hard work put in by staff.

14th February 2018