Dr Shaun O'Connell

4th December 2017
Written by a patient at South Milford Surgery

Excellent service, listened to what caused the injuries and advised on length of time/best ways to help healing.

13th March 2017
Written by a patient at South Milford Surgery

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing this particular doctor approximately 2 years ago because i was struggling with depression at the time, only to have he whole appointment revolve around alcohol....And to be told that i drink too much and need help for alcoholism when i stated that, truthfully, i drink approximately 40units per week, which is not too far off the maximum recommended per week. So i was sent away with a website URL for an alcoholic help group in Selby that no longer existed and the fresh and alarming suggestion that i was an alcoholic. I have since not returned to South Milford surgery since this appointment and will only do so as a last resort however i will refuse an appointment with this particular GP. He deserves to be struck off in my personal experience...I hope you do not suffer the same level of care should you have the disfortune to have to take an appointment with this Doctor.

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at South Milford Surgery

Listened to all I had to say, and went through my history and previous examinations and tests and explained everything in detail before having further tests to assess the problem. Explained the tests and the possible outcomes thoroughly to give a very good and understandable explanation. Have seen this doctor before and found him to be very good and thorough, no qualms about seeing him or recommending him to anyone else !!!!

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at South Milford Surgery

Dr O'Connell is a fantastic doctor, we have had to see him recently for a few different things and every time we have left feeling like we have had great care. He listens and is attentive but also really does have time for you. I personally don't like going to the doctor but Dr O'Connell has genuinely given me faith in the GP practice that we visit. I imagine that he's snowed under with requests though after a patient has seen him once.

10th January 2017
Written by a patient at South Milford Surgery

Doctor O'Connell was very helpful and reassuring. I had never seen him before but he put my mind at rest.