Mr Robin Bhatia

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

21st November 2017
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

I was admitted to Great Western Hospital with a burst and retro-pulsed fracture to my spine (one of my vertebrae was completely shattered) after a fall from a ladder. Some of the bone fragments were pushing onto my spinal cord which carried an immediate risk of paralysis. Dr Bhatia was very clear about the risks of both having surgery and not having surgery. Although this was all very traumatic and quite scary Dr Bhatia openness and calm confidence made me feel I could trust his judgement and surgical skill to repair the damage. I am now writing this 8 months after surgery and I am almost back to my old self. My spine is healing nicely and despite the fixation attached to my spine (which is likely to be permanent) I already have nearly full mobility and strength. I walk, swim, and cycle regularly. I really appreciate the surgical skill of Dr Bhatia and also the support of the entire team at Great Western Hospital in quite literally getting me back on my feet.

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

Prior to the operation he explained exactly what he was going to do to my spine and the risks involved together with pictures.

21st June 2017
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

I am very thankful to the Great Western Hospital, Swindon and consultant Robin Bhatia for treating my back issues. I received excellent care throughout. Mr Bhatia was professional, understanding and his friendly manner put me at ease.... an excellent surgeon. A real credit to the NHS.

8th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

Initially Mr Bhatia listened! Mr Bhatia clearly explained his speciality and which course of medical options applicable to my condition that were open to me. Having decided to proceed with an operation to relieve the pressure on my lower spine he placed special emphasis, in view of my age and medical history, on the potential risks involved. It was because of the thoroughness of this that I was encouraged to proceed. Six weeks on from the operation I was seen by Mr Bhatia when I then had the opportunity to mention the pain I was experiencing to the front of my legs (shins) and the need to wear body brace because of back pain. The results of the operation, however, has great improved my health and well being and can only sincerely thank him for that.

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

very good , both surgery and nursing care.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »