Mr Robin Bhatia

3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

He put me at my ease immediately, explained clearly the procedure and made sure I was aware of all the risks involved with the surgery. The after care was excellent.

14th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

I trusted Mr Bhatia totally the moment I first met him and I certainly was not at all disappointed thereafter. Although from the time of my MRI scan, showing severe spinal canal stenosis with claudication , to lumbar decompression surgery was over a year, once Mr Bhatia became involved matters progressed pretty quickly. I live in Bristol but was offered only Bath, Swindon or Taunton for referral to a Neuro Surgeon. I was very lucky to get Mr Bhatia. It is now 2 months since surgery and I have had no problems at all . I would add that the whole team at Swindon were excellent. Thank you all!

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

I recently had L4/L5 spinal fusion surgery, performed by Robin Bhatia and his team. I am now seven weeks post surgery and feel I have my life back. After many years of back and leg pain.The pre op information and support I received was excellent, all my questions and concerns were answered in a way I could understand. Any tests needed were carried out prior to my surgery date, which made me feel I was definetly fit for the operation. The day of the operation I felt very supported and reasured, the whole team were amazing, especially the anaesthetist. At all times, I certain felt safe and secure. Mr Bhatia took special precautions with my care, surgical wound and treatment due to other medical conditions I have. I felt he tailored my treatment to suit me and I felt he cared for me as a person, not just another back operation. Im sure that the high level of care that he and the team gave me has meant my recover has been very fast and very successful. I would certainly recommend Robin Bhatia and his team to anyone requiring spinal surgery.

11th October 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

From the moment I met Mr Bhatia I was impressed with his style of direct, transparent communication. He listened to what I was saying and was able to identify what the actual issue was. I have scoliosis and have seen several consultants overtime who kept saying the problem was 'complicated'. I kept saying I had a pain down my leg and in my back, separate from the back pain of a twisted spine. The thought of having to have my whole spine fused was not something I had considered and it was scary, I just wanted the excruciating pain to stop and have more mobility to carry on with my everyday activities as I had done previously. He was able to separate the two issues and treated the trapped nerve only. From the decompression surgery I have achieved less pain, which means less pain killers and more mobility. My whole hospital experience was excellent from start to finish. All the staff from doctors, anaesthetists and nurses were helpful, friendly and professional. Thank you to you all especially Mr Robin Bhatia for identifying the problem and helping me through it. I am very grateful. Alsace Elaine Shepherd

19th August 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

A BRILLIANT MAN! By James Martin I was diagnosed with "progressive cervical myelopathy" after an mri scan on the 26th June 2016, with a significant degree of canal stenosis at C5/6 due to disc-osteophyte and significant cord signal change. I underwent surgery on Wednesday 17th August 2016 to have an "Anterior cervical decompression fixation. I had lost approximately 70% sensation to 3 fingers on my left hand, approximately 40% loss to my entire left side. It's now less than 48hrs after my surgery. I'm home, sensation is returning already! I cannot thank Mr Bhatia and his entire team at Great western hospital swindon enough. Mr Bhatia listened to everything I had to say in the consultations with him before surgery, excellent bedside manner, excellent trust. Thank you so so much Forever grateful, James Edward msrtin

Nearest Neurosurgeons