The Great Western Hospital

Marlborough Road, Swindon, England, SN3 6BB

1 2 3 4 5 77,292 reviews

4th August 2022

Above question-I didn't have carer or family member with me so N/A I attended the first appointment having suffered since November 2020 and straight away I was listened to and my condition was taken seriously. I have suffered with this since I was 12 over the years have just been given medication and told by people that it's stress. I had the the Epley manoeuvre and straight away Nicola could see by my eye movement what I was suffering with. I felt safe while she did it as she had a colleague there too to support me through this scary process. I was also given exercises to do to support my balance and will carry on. Nicola also explained the Epley manoeuvre and we went though it for me to do safely on my bed for any further dizzy spells. I would like to thank Nicola for the care I was given and the understanding of what it felt like living with this condition. My quality of life has vastly improved now because of my physio sessions.

I felt sorry for Nicola working in the room we had as she couldn't always have the large couch for her to work on me. It's a shared space.

28th April 2022

From start to now I have had amazing care from Susannah. She's not only been my physio, but the person I always turn to when I have a question or a worry. Susannah was always there for me.

Nothing.

Review of Sexual Health Carfax Street,
5th March 2022

Had a very good experience. I have a lot of medical appointment in various places and this has been by far the best. Felt a genuine care and concern from the staff. Went out of their way to have me seen even though there was no appointments.

Nothing!

17th November 2021

Excellent review with Nicola Harris regarding my general health relating to exercise, particularly my wish to improve my core stability with the aim of strengthening my legs to enable standing for longer & eventually try to expand the standing exercises that I can achieve. This will be of particular benefit to my partner/carer, who is the only person able to assist me and who has been having difficulties of his own. This was the 1st time for ages that somebody actually acknowledged my strong desire to stand rather than simply being told that I needed to face the fact that realistically I would have to accept being in a wheelchair. I was also lucky enough to have both her and a colleague visit me at home the next day to review a standing frame that I had purchased & the problem of using this regularly with only my partner's assistance. Finally, she managed to contact the physiotherapist at the Swindon Therapy Centre and get confirmation that there was the possibility of me using their parallel bars.

Maybe taken me seriously a few years ago, but that is all.

Family Involved

{{category}} working at The Great Western Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Great Western Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb48v