Dr Ravishankar Sargur was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

2nd June 2024

Dr. Sargur is just so patient and listened to all my problems. I have brought a big pile of previous correspondence letters and photographers and he have read them carefully and explained carefully to my concern. Professional, patient and full of medical knowledge which helps a lot on all my problems.

Written by a private patient at Northern General Hospital
31st May 2024

Dr Sagur was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and spoke to me depth about my concerns and previous mis diagnosis . He was compassionate and supportive and just what you would really wish for in a Consultant . He validated my feelings and expressed his genuine concern for my symptoms . Dr Sagur did not rush the appointment and was very great at demonstrating things in detail so it was easy for me to understand . I was really impressed by his willingness to help me and his compassion and understanding and his ability to communicate to me like a professional but also like a person. Because of his vast experience knowledge and expertise I am now able to be sent to the correct place for further treatment outside of his specialty. We need more consultants like Dr Sagur and I want to thank him for seeing me and going that extra mile so I am able to receive the right treatment for a very painful ongoing issue I have suffered with for two years which has been distressing and extremely frustrating.

Written by a private patient at Thornbury Hospital - part of Circle Health Group
28th May 2024

Dr Ravishankar Sargur explained in detail what my symptoms meant and why te tests were needed. Very helpful.

28th May 2024

Dr Ravishankar took time to listen to my history and take into account previous opinions and investigations. He was able to suggest an alternative possible diagnosis and took immediate action to investigate this via a full blood test. He provided me with a good verbal explanation of his thinking and followed this up in writing with clear detail on the next steps. His written report along with the blood test results was delivered in six days of the initial consultation (3 working days). The only additional information which would have been useful would have been a copy of the explanation notes he wrote during the consultation.

28th May 2024

Dr Sargur was excellent. Very patient and inquisitive. Understood all my past care by other doctors and took time to listen to my concerns and fully understand it before discussing anything else. Reassured me and made sure i was clear and comfortable with what we discussed.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital.
He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital.
His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc.
He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands.
He was chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board.

Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students.