Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

15th June 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur took time to explain his approach and drew a diagram to help me to understand better. He managed my expectations that no cause might be found, but explained what I could do in this case. Haven't had any results or treatment yet so I can only comment on my initial consultation.

15th June 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

The doctor was thorough and clear in his explanations. He followed up the consultation with a letter and a phone call in which he explained everything so that we could understand it

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Ravishankar Sargur was fantastic. He was the consummate professional - he was patient, a great listener, supportive, highly knowledgeable and highly skilled. He is someone who is not just very good at their job, he totally excels at it!

20th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was such an approachable person, listened to everything which I said. I have every confident in the diagnosis and trust Dr Sargur completely. During the consultation I never felt that I was being rushed. I travelled from Manchester to Sheffield to see Dr Sargur and it was well worth the trip, There would be no hesitation in a return visit.

13th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I saw Dr Sargur following a reaction after surgery. He was charming, efficient and made me feel completely at ease. He listened to me and carried out various tests and followed up by phoning and writing to me with results. I cannot praise him highly enough and would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone requiring his expert knowledge.

Nearest Immunologists