Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

I found Dr Sargur easy to converse with giving me time to explain my symptoms. He was most helpful in setting up a plan to help me with my problems. I would most definitely recommend this doctor for his help and understanding.

7th February 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur saw me at very short notice regarding a long term concern about a possible allergic reaction to a vaccine. He gave me ample time without any pressure to discuss my problem with him. He listened carefully to all I had to say and we had a very fruitful discussion about possible solutions. He then arranged for the further steps necessary for me resolve my problem to be taken within the very limited time I had available. After many years of uncertainty, I was extremely grateful to have a sympathetic listener and one who dealt with my concerns in such a positive way. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Sargur to others.

4th February 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Listened to me and carefully explained all the options. He was extremely knowledgeable and happy to talk about any concerns I had. He answered all of my questions thoroughly.

22nd January 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Ravishankar Sargur was really extremely impressive. Firstly he questioned very closely and listened without interruption. He gave a very thorough examination by questionning and analysis. We particularly liked the very logical explanation to eliminate possibilities and clearly diagnose the problem and propose causes and solutions. We would highly recommend as he was extremely knowledgeable, logical, good communicator and resolver. Our consultation far exceeded our expectations.

22nd January 2017
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

Very reassuring to see a doctor who takes the time to talk through and explain in detail the next stages

Nearest Immunologists