Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

All good, seen on time and dealt with courteously

Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Dr Sagur was welcoming and quickly got up to speed with my condition. On asking some questions and a brief examination he quickly came up with a diagnosis. He drew a picture to explain what was happening and how treatment would proceed. I was also shown a website with useful information and pictures. I would recommend Dr Sagur as he explains everything very clearly, I did not feel rushed in the appointment and was happy with the cost.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I sought a consultation by Dr Sargur on the 13th May 2017 to deal with some unusual symptoms encompassing severe dizziness and flashing immediately after meals, combined with a tight chest, sinus congestion and/or trembling on occasion. These have led to the restriction of my diet to a bare and nutritionally inadequate minimum of boiled potatoes, rice, eggs, fresh and fetta cheese, cucumbers, red peppers and a few green vegetables. He considered any existing conditions, discussed the symptoms and possible causes with me to then propose a number of tests in clarification as well as a plan forward to address my long term nutritional needs. I felt taken seriously, treated with genuine concern and patience. Dr Sargur is clearly very knowlegdeable in the complex field of allergies and immunology. I now look forward to the results of my tests and his letter, the way forward in dealing with my condition. Thank you Dr Sargur.

14th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Very polite, professional and welcoming doctor. I felt very comfortable talking about my unusual situation without feeling judged. Thank you.

7th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was excellent. He was very thorough, professional with still a personable approach. This helped to relieve my anxiety in regards to my symptoms and helped me progress much futher with the persuit of my correct diagnosis, in which I have various specialists over the past two years. I beleieve you have now guided me on the correct path to the right diagnosis and treatment. Thank you very much Dr Sargur!!

Nearest Immunologists