Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

3rd February 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur explained my condition simply and wrote down the important points for me to take away which was really helpful. He listened and made notes of my experiences which helped to try and workout how to manage my allergies going forward. He took time to find background reading for me. In general it was a good experience.

19th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was very happy with the service provided by Dr Sargur and would be happy to see him again if I had any immunology issues and I would also recommend him to friends and family.

28th November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Pleasant and approachable. He listened and then gave a detailed explanation as to what the diagnosis may be. Obviously with allergies there may be different approaches to try. So far the nasal sprays are working and keeping a food diary is helping. Thank you for ending 7 years of misery where my nose was concerned.

25th November 2018
Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

The Dr provided an excellent explanation of my daughters condition and talked us through the explanation by using a diagram which he drew as we went along. The only pity was that having asked for the sheet of paper I couldn’t read it when I got home!

29th October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I felt in very safe knowledgeable hands, he explained everything in laments terms and made sure I understood the diagnosis. He covered all aspects and invited any questions I may have. He was very thorough and I left with a full understanding of my condition

Nearest Immunologists