dr-ravishankar-sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Written by a private patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital
26th September 2021

I found my consultation with Dr Sargur very helpful. He listened carefully to what I had to say, and provided full and clear information on what was clearly a very complex issue. He answered all my questions and was very reassuring and approachable. I had a very good experience, and do not think it could have been improved upon.

26th September 2021

My 17 year old daughter has suffered with allergies, most of her life, especially allergy to dogs. Dr Sargur was the first doctor to listen to her concerns and take serious, the affect of these allergies had on her day to day life. We had a thorough consultation with all our questions answered. Dr Sargur has given us a treatment plan but also suggestions of further treatment if the initial one is ineffective. Would highly recommend.

8th August 2021

Dr Sargur was excellent from very first email to meeting him for a consultation and skin tests. He listened to my concerns re my severe allergies to Cox 1 painkillers. I felt he was the 1st person in the medical profession to take time and reassure me he could help. I feel very thankful and grateful to him. Many thanks.

28th July 2021

Mr Sargur was very polite and took time to understand the facts clearly before issuing a clear course of action. One the whole I was very pleased with my consultation and would not hesitate in using Mr Sargur again if the need arises.

Written by a private patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital
13th July 2021

Dr Sargur listened to my problems. He teased them all apart and explained how we could tackle each section and form a strategy to help me recover. He was very approachable, easy to listen too and made the experience heartening. The fact that it was a phone consultation didn't cause any problems and it meant that I didn't have to travel the 70 miles each way. At the end of the consultation I felt that I was very lucky to have had this appointment and that I had been understood and helped with my recovery.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

Nearest Immunologists