Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

2nd September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur took time to listen to my personal story of symptoms and asked further questions. Dr Sargur then took time to discuss my diagnosis in detail and in a way that I could understand as a non medical person. He also gave me written information which I found useful to read and helped me reflect back on the consultation. I didn't feel rushed and came from the consultation with a plan and the confidence to manage my condition in the future. Altogether I had a very positive experience and rate Dr Sargur 10 out of 10 for his manner professionalism and expertise. Thank you

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I found Dr. Sargur very sympathetic in explaining my symptoms. He was patient and carefully described what the causes might be. His manner was polite, attentive and my husband and I found him easy to understand and very approachable. He was most considerate concerning my inability to hear well.

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

Hi Great Gentlemen, Very Good Listener and Great Person to listen to, very interesting, Thank you so much ....

8th July 2017
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

He listened, explined every detail and answered all questions fully. The best consultant that I have ever visited. I cannot recommend him any higher.

8th July 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I had a really positive consultation with Dr Sargur on Saturday 1st July. He listened carefully to all my concerns and took time to fully address everything I asked him about, explaining in detail the process of investigations that needed to be done. I came away feeling very reassured and positive that things were moving forward.

Nearest Immunologists