Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

20th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Very informative the Doctor seems to have a very indepth insight into what the possible problem could be and step by step plans of ways to treat it. Very professional, understanding and listened. Explained differential diagnosis very clearly.

11th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Very attentive and thoughtful, although he was not able to give me any specific solutions, he made some helpful recommendations and did follow up with me by post after the consultation sending through information that was not available during the consultation. He seemed to have a lot of time with me, which I appreciated, as my problems are not well recognised and some doctors have been dismissive in the past. A few suggestions: If the appointments could include a follow up phone call/Email exchange it might be really helpful as there are often questions that come to mind when patients have digested all the information. The Doc had limited availability at the hospital nearest to me, so more immunologists would be a positive step forward!

2nd September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur took time to listen to my personal story of symptoms and asked further questions. Dr Sargur then took time to discuss my diagnosis in detail and in a way that I could understand as a non medical person. He also gave me written information which I found useful to read and helped me reflect back on the consultation. I didn't feel rushed and came from the consultation with a plan and the confidence to manage my condition in the future. Altogether I had a very positive experience and rate Dr Sargur 10 out of 10 for his manner professionalism and expertise. Thank you

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I found Dr. Sargur very sympathetic in explaining my symptoms. He was patient and carefully described what the causes might be. His manner was polite, attentive and my husband and I found him easy to understand and very approachable. He was most considerate concerning my inability to hear well.

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

Hi Great Gentlemen, Very Good Listener and Great Person to listen to, very interesting, Thank you so much ....

Nearest Immunologists