Dr Pritpal Singh

Tell me about your experience of Care and Treatment by the Wrexham Community Mental Health Team. I work as a Adult Psychiatrist with the Wrexham County Mental Health Team providing specialist medical input for patients with serious and enduring mental illness. Clinical assessments focus on developing a joint understanding of difficulties faced by patients which inform the next steps to be taken. Significant family members, carers are encouraged to participate in discussions around diagnosis and treatment. The ultimate aim is to help patients develop a capacity for self management by means of education, informed decision making and full participation in treatment decisions. I am very keen for my patients and their carers to become involved in teaching and training of mental health professionals. I am setting up a pilot project with HAFAL, aiming to highlight to medical students/junior doctors to understand patient experience of living in the community whilst coping with mental illness. In addition to my clinical work I am an Executive Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Wales. I recently took on the role of Lead for Mentoring of Psychiatrists in Wales. Websites I recommend include: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders.aspx http://www.choiceandmedication.org/ncmh/ http://www.drthomasebrown.com/ http://www.beatingbipolar.org/ http://www.massgeneral.org/psychiatry/services/bipolar_resources.aspx http://www.prudenthealthcare.org.uk/

• Psychiatry

« 1 2 3 4 »

24th February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

The reception staff at Ty Derbyn are very terrible and rude, I dread going there. It's really the receptionist that's the problem, not just the other staff lying. Get there wait half hour only for Dr to say only found out you were here 5 mins ago your 15 mins late.

23rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

How can this doctor, like all the rest, be left to make decisions about people he does not know and has never spoken to.? One innocent, healthy person getting drugged and locked in Heddfan is one too many. You cannot trust these nurses either, they talk a lot of nonscence and I could tell you a few things about them and their political beliefs.

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

This man was just ignoring me to start with and keeping me on unnesacery CTO and medication, an abuse heaped on me by an old psyciatrist. I had to get let off by tribunal appeal. Then I discovered in my file that he had invented that I had told him I hear voices, implying in a hallucination way. This is completely the opposite of what has been said to any other Wrexham's staff and he knows it. What is he hoping to gain from it? It is my opinion that this man is a wretched lier and a dangerous man, one to watch!

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

This doctor is a charlatan pill pusher who does not listen like all of his colleagues in mental health services.

25th November 2016
Written by a carer at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

I care for my partner and since he has been transferred under Dr Singh, the diagnosis of Bi-Polar has been changed to ADHD amongst other things. We just keep hitting a brick wall when it comes to organising consultations and follow up meetings. Yes he his good at listening to the problems, but obviously the team below him are substandard especially some of the CPN's and when the manager of Ty Derbyn happily holds a meeting with you in the entrance hall to Ty Derbyn, discussing private matters in the open, it does not fill you with confidence. Others might find this very harsh, but when you have been in the system for 20+ years then you might see it differently too. At this point we are still waiting on a CPN visit or even to be allocated one!

« 1 2 3 4 »