Dr Pritpal Singh

Tell me about your experience of Care and Treatment by the Wrexham Community Mental Health Team. I work as a Adult Psychiatrist with the Wrexham County Mental Health Team providing specialist medical input for patients with serious and enduring mental illness. Clinical assessments focus on developing a joint understanding of difficulties faced by patients which inform the next steps to be taken. Significant family members, carers are encouraged to participate in discussions around diagnosis and treatment. The ultimate aim is to help patients develop a capacity for self management by means of education, informed decision making and full participation in treatment decisions. I am very keen for my patients and their carers to become involved in teaching and training of mental health professionals. I am setting up a pilot project with HAFAL, aiming to highlight to medical students/junior doctors to understand patient experience of living in the community whilst coping with mental illness. In addition to my clinical work I am an Executive Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Wales. I recently took on the role of Lead for Mentoring of Psychiatrists in Wales. Websites I recommend include: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders.aspx http://www.choiceandmedication.org/ncmh/ http://www.drthomasebrown.com/ http://www.beatingbipolar.org/ http://www.massgeneral.org/psychiatry/services/bipolar_resources.aspx http://www.prudenthealthcare.org.uk/

• Psychiatry

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

13th June 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

How come Dr Singh has so much to say about the receptionist, but neglects to give his comments about the fact he invents lies about young women? Could he give us some comments about the continuous abuse of medical files to invent slander about victims? This practice is epidemic at Betsi and it's sickening. You'd get more honest staff on the end of have P I P scam than you get at Betsi and we can only wonder what it is that you think the Welsh have done to you. Don't keep us all in the dark.

5th June 2017
Written by a carer at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

Mr Singh has been absolutely fantastic my husband has been in psychiatric consultant led care for a number of years. Mr Singh always answers and returns calls and makes appointments available. He is calm reassuring and considerate we have moved out of area now and it will be a sore loss as we have been given a little light and quality of life by this professional and diligent doctor. I'd also like to say his secretary kirsty and all the reception staff are excellent. Many thanks.

24th February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

The reception staff at Ty Derbyn are very terrible and rude, I dread going there. It's really the receptionist that's the problem, not just the other staff lying. Get there wait half hour only for Dr to say only found out you were here 5 mins ago your 15 mins late.

23rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

How can this doctor, like all the rest, be left to make decisions about people he does not know and has never spoken to.? One innocent, healthy person getting drugged and locked in Heddfan is one too many. You cannot trust these nurses either, they talk a lot of nonscence and I could tell you a few things about them and their political beliefs.

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

This man was just ignoring me to start with and keeping me on unnesacery CTO and medication, an abuse heaped on me by an old psyciatrist. I had to get let off by tribunal appeal. Then I discovered in my file that he had invented that I had told him I hear voices, implying in a hallucination way. This is completely the opposite of what has been said to any other Wrexham's staff and he knows it. What is he hoping to gain from it? It is my opinion that this man is a wretched lier and a dangerous man, one to watch!

« 1 2 3 4 5 »