Dr Paul Carroll

• Endocrinology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

4th August 2016
Written by a patient at Guys and St Thomas' Group Practice

I have seen Dr Carroll multiple times of the course of a few years. He is polite and courteous. He listens, responds and, asks pertinent questions. He does not rush. He cares. It is why he is the doctor of preference at Guys and St Thomas' and why some people are willing to wait a significant period of time to see him. Last time I saw a registrar and she was so rude and dismissive that the trainee under her apologised when she left the room. Never again. Dr Carroll, Nurse Louise or nobody!

2nd June 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I have seen Dr Carroll a number of times for the treatment of Graves' disease. My experience is somewhat different from what is being reported here, so I felt it was important to leave my own review. I also chose him on the basis of recommendations I had seen online. I have found him to be knowledgeable, approachable and supportive. He always found time to answer my questions which were numerous when I was first diagnosed, and I never felt that my appointments were being rushed or anything. My results were sent back to me as soon as they were available, usually within 2 days of my appointment. I find it great that he is contactable by e-mail, and whenever I have had to request his advice, he has always responded promptly. He does ask you to confirm what your current medication dosage is, but surely that is just to double check and ensure that there is no misunderstanding on either side. In summary, I would definitely recommend Dr Carroll if you need help with a thyroid condition.

30th April 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I'm a Graves sufferer and saw Dr Carroll last year as a private paying patient, under the false assumption obtained from online research which suggested that he was one of the top Endocrinologists in the country. I had been feeling extremely unwell, depressed and at my last tether. I wanted him to investigate, test my levels and give me ideas for lifestyle changes I could implement to better handle my Graves and to feel better. He gave me a blood form, asked a couple of routine questions and I was out of his office within 15 minutes. He said I would be sent my test results, in a number of days, but I actually had to email him twice and waited around 2 weeks before receiving them. They came back showing normal thyroxine levels, which left me confused Still feeling very unwell and unsure if I could or would ever feel better, I emailed him the same day he emailed my results to ask him a couple of questions about supplementation, change of diet or any ideas he might have for me as I was feeling truly awful. He basically didn't respond and I emailed him three times - there were no issues with him not receiving my emails, he just completely ignored me. I have since seen another professional and am actually doing my own research and listening to podcasts most of which are from US based specialists who clearly have a far superior knowledge, understanding and approach to the treatment of autoimmunity. It's a complete joke that after paying to see a top UK Endocrinologist, I have had to resort to those means in order to get the right answers to assist with my issues, answers he could easily have given, but chose to ignore. I definitely do not recommend seeing Dr Carroll and wish I had read a similar review on him before I wasted my time & money.

5th February 2016

He is very unresponsive when trying to get an answer to questions and doesn't listen at all. He doesn't even check what my existing dosage of medication is when he wants to modify it and asks me if that is what I was on.

Nearest Endocrinologists