dr-guy-jackson

10th April 2020

Calm, considerate, caring and comforting. Great communication before and after surgery. I felt confident with both Dr Guy Jackson and his fellow anaesthetist. Risks were put in perspective with likelihoods outlined. Before my discharge, Dr Jackson visited to explain why a shoulder nerve block had not been effective, and outlined the potential impact. This also gave me the opportunity to mention numbness and swelling in my upper lip which I'd felt in Recovery. Dr Jackson apologised and explained this should wear off in a week or so. (Within a week the swelling subsided; the numbness persisted for approximately three weeks.) The only side effect I encountered which I don't recall being discussed was painful thrombo-phlebitis in my hand, probably from the intravenous cannula. I thank Dr Jackson and his team for their superb professionalism and excellent communication skills.

1st June 2020
Response from Dr Guy Jackson

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, much appreciated.

2nd March 2020

When I arrived at hospital Guy introduced himself to me, he was very friendly, explained to me the procedure for general anesthetic, asked how I was feeling, and reassured me as I was very nervous. Once in the anethestists room he was very kind, talked to me, made me feel at ease. Last thing I remember he told me he would look after me and stay with me. Thank you for making a nervous patient feel at ease today. In awe of all of you at RBH, so kind and caring, thank you.

3rd March 2020
Response from Dr Guy Jackson

Thank you very much for your kind words, much appreciated. Wishing you a speedy recovery

4th October 2019

Dr Jackson looked after me with very considerable care, patience, compassion and even a little humour before, during and following my recent prostatectomy at the RBH. He also very kindly came to see me not once but twice following the procedure which seemed over and above what one might usually expect (from an anaesthetist). I would feel entirely confident in his hands on any other occasion. Most grateful for his care, encouragement and support. Dominic Scott

1st November 2019
Response from Dr Guy Jackson

Many thanks for your feedback

Written by a patient at Spire Dunedin Hospital
16th February 2019

Dr Jackson was so patient, kind and understanding of my anxieties. I felt very safe with him. He has a very calming and soothing manner. The intravenous sedation he gave me for my dental extraction was perfect, I remember nothing about the procedure. He made a procedure I was dreading and extremely anxious about, bearable. I would highly recommend Dr Jackson for his personable manner, his professionalism and his medical skills. Rosie Waters.

Written by a patient at Circle Reading
12th February 2019

I had routine total hip replacement , but as I had not had any illnesses or operations before , at age 78 , I was frankly terrified , particularly of anaesthetic and failing to recover and failing to cope with sedation . Dr Jackson explained what was happening and most importantly ,he said we will take care of you , we will look after you ,we won't leave you . I can't tell you how those words stuck in my mind and I hope he says it to everyone . Thank you very much .

15th February 2019
Response from Dr Guy Jackson

Many thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated. I'm glad you found the experience more positive than anticipated. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Dr Guy Jackson graduated from Southampton University Medical School in 1998 and has worked as a consultant anaesthetist in Reading since 2009. For further information please visit my website

Short link to review Dr Guy Jackson: http://iwgc.net/ecnok