Royal Berkshire Hospital

London Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 5AN

23rd August 2017

The Royal Bershire Hospital in my case has performed well as such. I'm a little mystified as to why it took so long to discover a solution and in fact why I had to be referred in the first place given the symplicity of the issue but I appreciate a escalation pathway has to be followed. Thank you.

23rd February 2017

A great Hospital with caring Staff, who do all they can to make your visit run smoothly.

30th November 2016

Wonderful care following fractured right ankle. Emergency Department specialist nurse caring and put on plaster cast with efficiency and kindness. Plaster room staff were excellent at follow-up too. Fracture clinic follow-up was comprehensive: even arranged for me to have bone density scan as this was my second fall in six months. Cannot praise them highly enough- Doctors, Nurses and Physios all explained aftercare with compassion and sensitivity as I was very shocked to have two fractures occur within 3 months. Highly recommend this hospital to others. Many Thanks to all involved in my care.

7th October 2016

My mother passed away after a stroke at this hospital, she was there a week before this, during the first couple of days we did not like leaving her there as the staff seemed very brusque, on arrival one day mums food tube had come out and was going on her lungs and nobody had noticed causing her to have suction, no one seemed to realize how distressing it all was for us to see our mother who woke up normal that day to someone who was unconscious, it was such a shock and in a couple of occasions we had to remind a couple of nurses of this, when my mum was moved to a side room things changed and the night staff were amazing as we sat by mums bed, just more empathy and humanity and it didn't take them any longer to be like it, it is amazing how just saying the right thing can have such a positive impact, rather than calling my mum her, she they used her first name or even patient which I thought would be common place but it isn't, the consultant in charge of this ward is fantastic and kept us informed and had a really caring kind manner and we all thank you for this. Please just remember to call patients patients or there first name not her or she, it's simple and means so much to the loved ones

14th July 2016

The staff were all absolutely wonderful, caring, informative and understanding. I was very emotional following surgery, and everyone really supported me and helped me back to normal. My anaesthetist DEEPAK RAVINDRAN talked me through everything, put me at ease and done everything professionally and as expected. It was my first time under anaesthetic, so I was really worried. He really explained it as much as possible and I'm so grateful for it. He was absolutely fantastic, so was everyone else. Thanks for taking such great care of me.

Nearest Hospitals