dr-deepak-ravindran

Dr Deepak Ravindran

11th January 2020

I have been under Dr Deepak's care for the last six years and have always felt valued, respected, and cared for. Dr Deepak explains how the symptoms of my chronic pain impact on my body, why (in such a way as anyone an understand the miriad of complex workings of the human mind and body) it impacts my body, and how the lidocaine infusions help me, without any of the medical language that so easily confuses patients. His bedside manner is polite, friendly, easy-going and I find it easy to trust him, despite fearing needles. In the twelve infusions he has performed on me, he has inserted the needle in the back of my hand gently and with minimum discomfort. He's never failed to insert the needle correctly on the first try (unfortunately other medical professionals have often failed here). As a result of the infusions he has performed and guided me through I am on a steady track to stop taking daily oral medications and my quality of life and every aspect of it has improved significantly. My first eleven infusions were via our brilliant but battered NHS and the thirteenth with him was privately done. His care in both is consistent and reassuring in both hospitals. I can't offer improvements here for Dr Deepak, it does seem that excellence is as standard with him. I'm functioning almost to the same level I was before becoming ill with a long-term, cure-less condition a decade ago now, and that's thanks to a regime of infusions that Dr Deepak has performed, explained, and carefully guided me through. Put simply he's given me the winning ticket to a 'pin relief' lottery and for that I am exceptionally grateful!

1st November 2019

I have seen Dr Ravindran a few times now, and every time I find him kind, caring, sympathetic and empathetic to my condition. I find that he and his team always try their best to do the best to make you comfortable when administering treatment to me. He not only advises on treat that he can provide but a holistic approach to combatting the effects of my conditions. A lovely man, I recommend him to everyone I know suffering from me condition.

Written by a patient at Royal Berkshire Hospital
29th October 2019

On my first visit to the Pain clinic at Reading Hospital, Dr. Ravindran and his team showed great care of me and viewing others that were also there to see Dr. Ravindran's team it was clear that the care and professionalism of his team. Having been in pain for many years, treatment by other doctors maintained the control of pain as best as they could. From my first consultation with Dr. Ravindran, I was put at ease and he listened as I told him what I was going through, he understood and on that first visit, he was able to help with my pain control, over the years I have been fully confident in his ability to care for me. I fully recommend anyone who is in pain to go and see Dr. Ravindran to get the best care available.

15th September 2019

Ifound Dr Ravindran to be a pleasant friendly gentleman and easy to talk to, also very helpful

Written by a patient at Royal Berkshire Hospital
30th July 2019

I am a consultant in Pain Medicine and MSK medicine and anaesthesia since 2010. I am the lead for Pain medicine at Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading. I see patients on the NHS at Royal Berkshire Hospital and Spire dunedin hospital and privately as well at these hospitals.

Nearest Pain medicine specialists